• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Protest News

Yeah. A personal guarantee is a bit vague as well. It could mean a handshake (likely to be his starting position) and it could mean something more legally enforceable I would guess (which has to be his end point). Similarly his son could provide a legal guarantee.

Has he hired the plastic security guys again? Last time I told them to not leave his garden until they are payed, otherwise they will just be on the long list of those not payed for their services.

Does that mean he won’t do number 3 on the cosu list? If the deal were to close that option would mean he doesn’t pay a penny.
3. An agreement with the Martins to provide security for the further funds COSU will need to inject prior to the takeover.

He said and i was there, that he will not be giving any further guarantees other than what has already been agreed previously in the contract.

Chris Phillips was there and will be putting something up later today.

3. An agreement with the Martins to provide security for the further funds COSU will need to inject prior to the takeover.

He said and i was there, that he will not be giving any further guarantees other than what has already been agreed previously in the contract.

He has changed his plans for the development which was first agreed! Alright for some. The old ****!

Well I hope he requests an interview with him rather than just getting sound bites from the protestors. If the club means as much to Chris Phillips as he says it does then he now needs to step up to the plate.

Well I hope he requests an interview with him rather than just getting sound bites from the protestors. If the club means as much to Chris Phillips as he says it does then he now needs to step up to the plate.
They were not sound bites, Chris heard everything he said.

So that’s that then

We do not know what that means regarding “what was previously agreed” There has been an expired agreement. It could be as simple as they want a new contract. COSU do not have any issue with the Martin’s current progress, so honestly wouldn’t panic just yet over this (any more than we already are)

Last edited:
So that’s that then
Do you seriously think Ron is going to come out and tell a handful of fans what he proposes to do this week? He is playing them like a fiddle. Hence my hope that CP can engage him in an interview (formally and not in the front of his garden).

So that’s that then
The rat seemed pretty adamant something will be sorted one way or another and that he had emailed the council last night agreeing to their terms and that he thought they would be saying something early next week which should be enough to satisfy the consortium. He also added that the WUP was issued as final and he thought it would be, but again he said things should be sorted for COSU by then but he would not be paying it as he sold the club for a £1 blah blah and the debts.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
The rat seemed pretty adamant something will be sorted one way or another and that he had emailed the council last night agreeing to their terms and that he thought they would be saying something early next week,which should be enough to satisfy the consortium. He also added that the WUP was issued as final and he thought it would be, but again he said things should be sorted for COSU by then but he would not be paying it as he sold the club for a £1 blah blah and the debts.

So it looks like the COSU statement has had the desired affect.
I know that it is normally bulls*it that comes out of the 🐀 `s mouth, but let`s see if the SCC release someone to quantify what he has apparently emailed them.
I wonder if anyone has contact with SCC could find out, not the content of the email, but if he is actually telling the truth?

Last edited by a moderator:
The rat seemed pretty adamant something will be sorted one way or another and that he had emailed the council last night agreeing to their terms and that he thought they would be saying something early next week,which should be enough to satisfy the consortium. He also added that the WUP was issued as final and he thought it would be, but again he said things should be sorted for COSU by then but he would not be paying it as he sold the club for a £1 blah blah and the debts.

Desperate man hanging on by his fingernails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not being facetious but why don't Cricko and CP ask to go inside for a coffee and on the record chat.
Jack is a major player in this deal, but stays out of the limelight and tries to be invisible. I would love someone to interview him. But we know it's not going to happen.

Back