• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

And joining the illustrious ranks of Syria and Nicaragua in doing so. Mind, it takes two years to completely withdraw from the accord, by which team he might've been impeached.

And joining the illustrious ranks of Syria and Nicaragua in doing so. Mind, it takes two years to completely withdraw from the accord, by which team he might've been impeached.

And that's an optimistic time frame. One way or another he'll be out of office before the decision to withdraw has any real effect. He knows that but this way he can at least say he's keeping up with his election promises.

What is truly astounding is despite the daily nonsense that surrounds the guy his supporters blindly follow and defend him.

What astounds me about Trump is that he thinks he can publicly deny "global Warming" against 50+ years of professional meteorologist's (not to mention governments from other international countries) saying otherwise.

It's obvious to all and sundry that the earth is warming up... & we (or our children) will face a problem in the near future.

Another thing, that peed me off, was that he didn't use the same threat / stance he did about global warming, as he did about the minimum of 2% GDP spending on NATO. The UK pay the 2nd in Nato, & the most in Europe behind the USA, Yet the European power house that is Germany hasn't paid that level since about 1992.

Both the UK and the USA are getting mugged off by this by £Billions. The only other countries pulling their weight in terms of GDP are: France, Turkey, Greece, & Portugal, and more recently Estonia and Poland. IMO everyone else seems to see Nato as a free meal ticket for national defence.

In summary, I wish Trump would have thrown his toys out of the pram over this, rather than the climate debate (to keep a couple of un-employed coal miners happy). Besides, no one uses coal anymore anyway, unless there is a BBQ involved.

Plenty of coal fired power stations around the world Matt.

I couldn't agree with you more, But considering massive coal burning countries like China are still keeping to the agreement, speaks volumes in my opinion.

My point being he pulled out of the climate conference to win the Pittsburgh coal miners vote, rather than saving an extra few Billion dollars into NATO pact that is defunct.

Basically IMO he should have pulled the USA out of NATO and saved the money for he's internal affairs.

I couldn't agree with you more, But considering massive coal burning countries like China are still keeping to the agreement, speaks volumes in my opinion.

My point being he pulled out of the climate conference to win the Pittsburgh coal miners vote, rather than saving an extra few Billion dollars into NATO pact that is defunct.

Basically IMO he should have pulled the USA out of NATO and saved the money for he's internal affairs.

The US would still have the same bill for their Military machine. He has told Merkel privately that Germany owes 300B, which is why she hasn't exactly taken to him. Still seems fair to me.

I apologise in advance to any anti Guardian posters, but this latest bit of Trumpery has made me feel very sad and angry all rolled into one.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/donald-trump-attack-courts-travel-ban-london

I tell you what Donald, take leaf out of your Ambassador's book and be supportive. Alternatively you should **** right off you stupid ****.

Wasn't his son the one that dug out this quote from Khan after the last attack in London:

“Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.”

And then deliberately twisted it to make it sound like Khan had said terrorism happening is part and parcel of living in London? For some reason as soon as a horrific attack happens the Trumps are more interested in being the centre of attention to get their fans riled up than showing sympathy.

Khan's right to just ignore it and get on with his job, there's nothing he can say to convince people that hang on Trump's every word and he's got more important things to worry about.

Not related to Trump per se, but Republican Congessman Steve Scalise is amongst 4 shot in Virginia. The shooter is in custody or dead.

Nice to see Trump's flagship healthcare bill on the repeal of ObamaCare getting the kicking it so deserved. Props to senators John McCain, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski for voting against their own party.

:thumbsup:

And then deliberately twisted it to make it sound like Khan had said terrorism happening is part and parcel of living in London? For some reason as soon as a horrific attack happens the Trumps are more interested in being the centre of attention to get their fans riled up than showing sympathy.

I dare say it's a fact that McDonalds will kill off more Trump supporters this year than any combined acts of terrorism.

Back