• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

I wasn't trying to reassure anyone. If anything I was pointing out to mrsblue that a general cant just shoot the leader to stop a nuclear launch. The idea of the President having control of the button is to stop a rogue general going mad and starting WW3. I'm sure you have seen the excellent film Dr Strangelove by Stanley Kubrick.

You are also old enough to remember that lots of people claimed Regan would start WW3 because of his strong anti communist views.....Were still here.

For what its worth I'm not a Trump supporter and have never voted Tory. Both should have easily been defeated in their respective elections. Unless the Liberal left admit their total and utter failings, not least with their choice of leaders and dismissing the concerns of their core vote we have every chance that Trump will bee seen as a moderate choice in 10 years time.

You need to focus on France because after Brexit and Trump you would be a fool to think Marine Le Pen will never win.

If no one has done so I shall open a French Presidential Election thread next week. That election is heating up nicely and NO!...........I'd never underestimate Le Pen and the FN. Over the next weeks things will possibly move in her favour, or against her.

Still want to hear from a Trump supporter regarding Bannon. :smile:

According to El Pais this morning, the EU have vetoed Trump's nomination to the European Parliament,Ted Malloch.

I've seen the guy on the box a few times and apart from being incredibly right wing he's completely comtemptuous of the EU.

Anyone one thinks the EU won't play hardball with the UK in Brexit negotiations should take this for what is is.A strong warning.

According to El Pais this morning, the EU have vetoed Trump's nomination to the European Parliament,Ted Malloch.

I've seen the guy on the box a few times and apart from being incredibly right wing he's completely comtemptuous of the EU.

Anyone one thinks the EU won't play hardball with the UK in Brexit negotiations should take this for what is is.A strong warning.

The EU is finished.

According to Guy Verhofstadt, it has one last chance.

Europe's Last Chance: Why the European States Must Form a More Perfect Union.

Disagree Tangled,

The social experiment has failed,open borders are now closed,countries are bankrupt,people are fed up with the union,Germany are reportedly fiddling the currency.

The idea was decent but too many power hungry lunatics have ruined it.

Disagree Tangled,

The social experiment has failed,open borders are now closed,countries are bankrupt,people are fed up with the union,Germany are reportedly fiddling the currency.

I agree, Farage has got a lot to answer for but what's it got to do with this Trump thread?

Disagree Tangled,

Remember it was Winston Churchill who first advocated a United States of Europe after WW2.

I forsee that becoming much more of a reality for the remaining member states, once the UK has formally left the EU.

I would certainly agree that Germany benefits most from a weak Euro.However, Germany itself clearly isn't responsible for setting international exchange rates.It was, however, almost certainly a mistake to attempt monetary union before full political union was achieved.

BTW, I tend to agree with GYS that all this has little to do with this thread, except inasmuch as Trump seems to be doing his level best to unite EU member states against him.

Tend to agree with Stiglitz's opinions from Yogi's link:-

Mr Stiglitz added that the President’s anti-EU stance was a “hateful” attempt to strengthen himself by bringing others down, arguing that a stronger Europe would in fact be beneficial to the US. He said: “[Mr Trump] believes that by bringing others down he strengthens himself. This is a most hateful idea.

“When he says he hopes the euro will fail, it’s because he hopes this will brings benefits for the US. It’s really stupid. In reality, a stronger Europe is better for the world and America.”

I see that Trump's new "improved" border security detained the former President of Norway at Dallas just because he has an Iraqi stamp in his passport. Working well then. :nope:

I see that Trump's new "improved" border security detained the former President of Norway at Dallas just because he has an Iraqi stamp in his passport. Working well then. :nope:

Likewise, a cardiologist with a British passport and an Arabic name (plus an Iranian visa stamp in her passport) was interviewed on C4 News last night after not being allowed to board a flight to the states from Heathrow,where she was due to give a talk on her research.So much for the "special relationship."

I see the ban on Iraqi's is due to that terrible slaughter of innocents, The Bowling Green Massacre where absolutely nobody was hurt due to the fact it never happened.

Likewise, a cardiologist with a British passport and an Arabic name (plus an Iranian visa stamp in her passport) was interviewed on C4 News last night after not being allowed to board a flight to the states from Heathrow,where she was due to give a talk on her research.So much for the "special relationship."

What was that line on Monday, oh yeah, 'The tempoary ban will not affect British passport holders'

As already stated, going well.

ltccr3v468ey.jpg

Back