• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

Peaceful protests can be great and can achieve wonderful change,however some want to protest at anything and everything.

Personally I think most protests are wide of the mark whilst being the ultra political platform for some which the social media sheep follow blindly.

I don't think with Trump that is the case at all, people have genuine concerns about what he is doing and the way he is doing it.

From what I've seen there is a cross section of people protesting and in fairly significant numbers, and no one should ignore that.

I don't think with Trump that is the case at all, people have genuine concerns about what he is doing and the way he is doing it.

From what I've seen there is a cross section of people protesting and in fairly significant numbers, and no one should ignore that.

The masses would need to be out in there millions to have any chance of Trump being banned,it's just not going to happen IMO.Brexit has seen the same protests,probably the same protesters too.

Take the ridiculous poll tax ,this tax was unfair and vastly unpopular,protesters en masse reversed this crude stupid tax,fair play to them all.

After you have looked up the word lynch and apologised to shrimpboy you can police my posts.

Thank you. Post 166 had Shrimpboy being unaware of the connotations of 'lynch mob', a post which I 'liked' so therefore thanks you for allowing me to police your posts, which I do not want to do. My original statement still stands though.

The politics forum is rapidly descending into a circus - the same three posters have hijacked nearly every subject and it has become a total yawn.
I'm out for an extended break.

Piers Morgan destroyed the snide Owen Jones this morning....go Piers.
the bit where Piers accused Owen of being a hypocrite for protesting against Trump but not against the Saudis and then that awkward silence when Owen pointed out that he had organised the protest against the Saudis too and asked Piers why he hadn't bothered to do adequate research......go Piers - go and get a job where you don't need to have to put in any effort to understand other's points of view or read around a subject before making proclamations.

the bit where Piers accused Owen of being a hypocrite for protesting against Trump but not against the Saudis and then that awkward silence when Owen pointed out that he had organised the protest against the Saudis too and asked Piers why he hadn't bothered to do adequate research......go Piers - go and get a job where you don't need to have to put in any effort to understand other's points of view or read around a subject before making proclamations.

I take it you like Jones !....how about him storming off the Sky set...classic telly and proves what a jumped prick he is.

Looks like the Leader of the House of Representitives has his doubts about Trumps orders. Next vacancy coming up maybe.

I take it you like Jones !....how about him storming off the Sky set...classic telly and proves what a jumped prick he is.
for context you thought Morgan destroyed him today despite the fact it was Morgan that was left floundering by his lack of research. I think maybe you are seeing what you want to see rather than what is actually there.

for context you thought Morgan destroyed him today despite the fact it was Morgan that was left floundering by his lack of research. I think maybe you are seeing what you want to see rather than what is actually there.

Peirs proper done him this morning,Jones storming off the set proved what an insecure cretin he is,couldn't get his own way so spat out his dummy.

People like Jones should never have airtime or column inches.

Peirs proper done him this morning,Jones storming off the set proved what an insecure cretin he is,couldn't get his own way so spat out his dummy.

People like Jones should never have airtime or column inches.

The same could be said of you and Internet access but there ya go.

I certainly do.He's written two excellent books and his journalism is always worth reading.

His TV appearances are usually interesting too.

I certainly do.He's written two excellent books and his journalism is always worth reading.

Jones is so far left its ridiculous ...Oxford educated and of course making plenty of wonga whilst telling the dipsticks what they should do to better their lives...the bloke hasn't done a days work in his life !

The truly worrying aspect is there are plenty of people who swallow his rubbish.

completely agree. Both his books are a great read, 'Chavs' was conceptually very clever and made you think about how language chips away people's sense of togetherness, 'The Establishment' was a bit dryer but well researched and made you more cynical and questioning after reading it - anyone who has I would see as less willing to swallow all sorts of rubbish. I applaud his work ethic too, to write two very thorough books in a relatively short space of time shows real dedication to his work.

I read somewhere that he went to Oxford Uni - I think it was on here actually, read that a couple of times. Hats off to that achievement too, I doubt there were many working class northern accents in the college corridors.

And he is a good orrator - I have heard him give speeches a couple of times and he is a natural. Obviously he is reworking things he has said many times before but there are no prompt cards and it feels like he is just speaking his mind and holding your attention. The confidence that results from public speaking carries - over to TV work - he was on ITV this morning actually - an easy win as he was up against Piers Morgan who seems hell bent on embarrassing himself as often as possible in as short as space of time as possible - he tied to call Owen out on attacking Trump and giving the House of Saud free reign - but Owen was central to Saudi Arabia protests and Morgan's lack of research made him look a bit of a dick.

So yes, Owen Jones - always interested to hear what he has to say and I trust his judgement. And yeah I do have a selfie with him- just so damn pretty.

completely agree. Both his books are a great read, 'Chavs' was conceptually very clever and made you think about how language chips away people's sense of togetherness, 'The Establishment' was a bit dryer but well researched and made you more cynical and questioning after reading it - anyone who has I would see as less willing to swallow all sorts of rubbish. I applaud his work ethic too, to write two very thorough books in a relatively short space of time shows real dedication to his work.

I read somewhere that he went to Oxford Uni - I think it was on here actually, read that a couple of times. Hats off to that achievement too, I doubt there were many working class northern accents in the college corridors.

And he is a good orrator - I have heard him give speeches a couple of times and he is a natural. Obviously he is reworking things he has said many times before but there are no prompt cards and it feels like he is just speaking his mind and holding your attention. The confidence that results from public speaking carries - over to TV work - he was on ITV this morning actually - an easy win as he was up against Piers Morgan who seems hell bent on embarrassing himself as often as possible in as short as space of time as possible - he tied to call Owen out on attacking Trump and giving the House of Saud free reign - but Owen was central to Saudi Arabia protests and Morgan's lack of research made him look a bit of a dick.

So yes, Owen Jones - always interested to hear what he has to say and I trust his judgement. And yeah I do have a selfie with him- just so damn pretty.

Jones was on London news at prime time...when he said about Trump..."pussy grabbing"...Jones was instantly warned about his language and become huffy....the bloke isn't a nice guy ,he has deep rooted problems and he was Oxford educated.

Back