• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

Jones was on London news at prime time...when he said about Trump..."pussy grabbing"...Jones was instantly warned about his language and become huffy....the bloke isn't a nice guy ,he has deep rooted problems and he was Oxford educated.
so what we learn from this story is that if you directly quote the President of the United States of America then your language is inappropriate for UK media. If he comes here let's make sure there are no media interviews set up then.

Oxford University? Wow, that's a fine achievement.

Jones is so far left its ridiculous ...Oxford educated and of course making plenty of wonga whilst telling the dipsticks what they should do to better their lives...the bloke hasn't done a days work in his life !

The truly worrying aspect is there are plenty of people who swallow his rubbish.

FYI,Owen Jones comes from an authentic working class background.As does my younger brother (Not Rob Noxious the other one) who went to Cambridge.

Didn't you go to a private junior school.

Not Junior,Secondary (in my case),Highfield College (in Leigh).

My brother used to say he was the only person at Cambridge he met, who could say he'd been to a Secondary Modern School, (Eastwood HS).For the record he didn't take the 11+ either.

It's scary that these ultra-right wing types are getting the power they crave, though you have to ask, what do they gain from WW3? It's the end of civilisation as we know it and probably the end of the human race.

Again, I think Trump will be impeached before the year is out and Bannon and his like will be hastily removed from any position of influence. One can only hope.

Well, this is good news. The military at least will be pretty pleased with this prospect..........I suppose our Trump appeasers will also be delighted with the prospect of a Third (final) World War. I feel so lucky we avoided that sabre-rattling Clinton.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...us-president-special-counsellor-a7556546.html

Strangely enough, all out war with another country really doesn't concern me where the good ol US of A are concerned. Leaving aside WW2, who have the Yanks actually picked a fight with and won. More to the point, who have they picked a fight with who could effectively fight back?

Vietnam was a total balls-up and apart from that monumental victory against those titans of the military world, Granada, they haven't taken a pop at anyone else without NATO backed assistance. I really can't see even Trump squaring up to China, I mean, where else will he get his baseball caps made.

Very true .

People believe these leaders can just press the button...protocol first,then some general would probably shoot the leader.

Nuke war.....zero winner.

Actually every president has a military officer never more than a few feet away from his side and he carries a bulky black brief case. Its known as 'The Football' and it contains the equipment to punch in the codes to directly launch a nuclear strike.

The president carries a separate card which contains the codes. Bill Clinton managed to lose his card for several weeks and kept quiet about it as I guess it was left next some female aides dress.

During the inauguration there would have been 2 'Footballs' one for Obama and one for Trump, just in case the Ruskies or the Chinese had a sneaky attack.

You can recount as many safety procedures as you like, I'm afraid it doesn't reassure me too much. It is too easy to imagine a series of events that could escalate and result in nuclear conflict. In these situations logic and reasoning may well become secondary to action.
Surely the crux of the matter here is the statement Bannon made on his radio interview last year. I'm interested to know the opinions of Trump supporters and whether they are in agreement with him when he stated,

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years, aren’t we?” Mr Bannon said on his radio show in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that."

This is not a left or right-wing thing, is it? The person who is apparently Trump's closest confident is, at the least, making a provocative and inflammatory statement. Having seen a short while ago the Chinese claiming a war with the USA is possible, I'd imagine they had monitored the programme. So, please Trump supporters, do you go along with the conclusions drawn by Mr Bannon? Perhaps you could deny he said this, producing alternative facts to back up your arguments. You may not be at all worried by his rhetoric?.............yet it frightens the life out of me that someone talking like this can now be in a position with such power and influence over the President.
Rigsby can be as reassuring as he likes but language like this is not what diplomacy is about and China being threatened may choose the option of first strike. At that point your pretty procedures go out of the window and retaliation, not aggresion, is the name of the game. The doomsday clock didn't move closer to mignight recently without reason.

You can recount as many safety procedures as you like, I'm afraid it doesn't reassure me too much. It is too easy to imagine a series of events that could escalate and result in nuclear conflict. In these situations logic and reasoning may well become secondary to action.
Surely the crux of the matter here is the statement Bannon made on his radio interview last year. I'm interested to know the opinions of Trump supporters and whether they are in agreement with him when he stated,

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years, aren’t we?” Mr Bannon said on his radio show in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that."

This is not a left or right-wing thing, is it? The person who is apparently Trump's closest confident is, at the least, making a provocative and inflammatory statement. Having seen a short while ago the Chinese claiming a war with the USA is possible, I'd imagine they had monitored the programme. So, please Trump supporters, do you go along with the conclusions drawn by Mr Bannon? Perhaps you could deny he said this, producing alternative facts to back up your arguments. You may not be at all worried by his rhetoric?.............yet it frightens the life out of me that someone talking like this can now be in a position with such power and influence over the President.
Rigsby can be as reassuring as he likes but language like this is not what diplomacy is about and China being threatened may choose the option of first strike. At that point your pretty procedures go out of the window and retaliation, not aggresion, is the name of the game. The doomsday clock didn't move closer to mignight recently without reason.

I wasn't trying to reassure anyone. If anything I was pointing out to mrsblue that a general cant just shoot the leader to stop a nuclear launch. The idea of the President having control of the button is to stop a rogue general going mad and starting WW3. I'm sure you have seen the excellent film Dr Strangelove by Stanley Kubrick.

You are also old enough to remember that lots of people claimed Regan would start WW3 because of his strong anti communist views.....Were still here.

For what its worth I'm not a Trump supporter and have never voted Tory. Both should have easily been defeated in their respective elections. Unless the Liberal left admit their total and utter failings, not least with their choice of leaders and dismissing the concerns of their core vote we have every chance that Trump will bee seen as a moderate choice in 10 years time.

You need to focus on France because after Brexit and Trump you would be a fool to think Marine Le Pen will never win.

Back