• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

You need locking up if you can't see the repurcussions of what this will result in.

Why?

Any law abiding refugees have nothing to fear have they...I mean what crimes have they committed in Germany?

In Spain where we go...the masses know who the thieves are....Romanians...Moroccans...Chinese and African !....the masses include Brits German Dutch and Spanish....police rarely interested in nicking the crooks.

I know your desperate to avoid the subject of your hypocrisy but you'll have to face it one day because it won't go away

Roughly translated.

A.S.S. Has answered all questions and tied me up in knots so I'll gloss over that and resort to accusations of dodging the question.

**** off Rigsby, you are a crushing bore.

Troll away Rigsby, I'm no democracy denier. I'd put that on Trump - I wouldn't think it would be wise to sack someone who knows far more about the law than me, just because I don't get my own way. He's like a petulant brat, a typical bully. No wonder you feel drawn to him eh?

You claim you will leave the Labour party if they vote out.

Trump said he will build a wall and be tougher on immigration, which is why the people voted for him. Now you are trying to claim he didn't really win. Perhaps you should campaign for fairness for UKIP....4m votes but just one MP compared to less than 2m votes for the SNP yet they have 50 MP's

Roughly translated.

A.S.S. Has answered all questions and tied me up in knots so I'll gloss over that and resort to accusations of dodging the question.

**** off Rigsby, you are a crushing bore.

*** is incapable of answering a question. You are incapable of asking one, hence the pair of you add nothing to any debate.

Are you insinuating I'm a Neo-Nazi/KKK-sympathiser?

I was not aware of the connotations of 'lynch mob' so I apologise for any offence caused. And I have no doubt the protests last night were peaceful and happy-clappy and everyone had a nice time. Has Trump resigned yet?

I was referring to this general trend, fuelled by Twitter and clickbait, of people reacting instantly to events without looking into the full story or really thinking about them. People read what they want to read on social media and then jump on the bandwagon. Just look at the #bantrump or #mayresign hashtags on Twitter, they're like sheep. Social media doesn't reflect wider public opinion, though.

And what do these constant protests actually achieve? If anything, I think they make the Left more unpopular with the general public. It's always the same types of people and the same placards, and they're always in London. The Government has already (rightly) dismissed this petition to ban Trump from the UK - did you really think they'd ban the President of America, probably our greatest historical ally, from the country? Come on. Surely it's better to engage with him than distance ourselves from him and possibly cause greater problems? It's called diplomacy and politics, the Queen has hosted plenty of dictators and dubious political leaders in the past. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, and all that...
Not accusing you of being anything in particular just pointing out that you are using the terminology of the new excitable version of the right wing coupled with an old KKK term. Curious as to how these things come into common use. I notice that two of the more impressionable members of the forum have followed suit and used the same terms since your post...

I think I'll have to disagree with pretty much everything you say here! Sorry.

Trump hasn't resigned yet, no. Around 0% of those protesting expected him to resign by the morning. That is not the point. The point is that people want to express themselves and provoke debate - which is exactly what has been achieved. People speaking out against Trump's policies is being covered everywhere you look.

And the most likely impact is within the Republican Party - many of them were very uneasy about having Trump as their figurehead and it is them that are likely to be emboldened to speak out as they see that their party is being tarnished.

I don't think 'May resign' is jumping on the bandwagon, she had a honeymoon period and been given the benefit of the doubt but a growing number of people are getting fed up with her refusing to answer questions, concealing information about Trident, concealing information about Trump, having no answers to the massive issues in the NHS, social care, transport, school funding and structure, prisons - it's just one thing after another - I don't see it as a bandwagon but more of a.....snowball effect!

It's not the same type of people either - I've dipped in and out of being and 'activist' for 30 years and those out yesterday largely do not fit into any protester cliche.

Aligning ourselves too closely with Trump's America risks alienating us from the rest of the world. At the time when May is sabre rattling towards Europe we then get too close to Trump at the very time the rest of the world look at his administration with suspicion. This is not the way forward as far as a lot of Brits are concerned and so that message is being sent to May in various ways, she may regret not listening.

You claim you will leave the Labour party if they vote out.

Trump said he will build a wall and be tougher on immigration, which is why the people voted for him. Now you are trying to claim he didn't really win. Perhaps you should campaign for fairness for UKIP....4m votes but just one MP compared to less than 2m votes for the SNP yet they have 50 MP's

3.8 million votes,actually.So nearly 4 million.

I hope you voted for PR when you had the chance,btw.

For clarity, I haven't heard anyone compare what Trump is doing with the holocaust, but I have heard people draw parallels with what he is doing and what the Nazis did in the 1930s. This comparison was mainly because of this:

Trump to Publish List of Crimes Committed by Immigrants

This is something Hitler and the Nazis also did. You can google it if you want. It's not something I want to do at work.
Trump's travel / refugee ban was announced on Holocaust Memorial Day - maybe that is where this has come from, people expressing a dislike of the timing.

A bit of perspective

[video=youtube;JNu4xU9qOEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu4xU9qOEM[/video]

I must encourage everyone to access this site. The well balanced reporting and journalism puts the rest of the worlds press and media to shame.

I mean, where else would you find headlines like,

PHRASE 'EXPECTANT MOTHER CAN'T BE USED AS UPSETS TRANNIES.

Am I glad I followed that link. Such enlightenment.

I must encourage everyone to access this site. The well balanced reporting and journalism puts the rest of the worlds press and media to shame.

I mean, where else would you find headlines like,

PHRASE 'EXPECTANT MOTHER CAN'T BE USED AS UPSETS TRANNIES.

Am I glad I followed that link. Such enlightenment.

But it's still bang on the money....Obama issues bans and nothing...Trump does exactly the same and we have protesting en masse.....double standards when it suits.

But it's still bang on the money....Obama issues bans and nothing...Trump does exactly the same and we have protesting en masse.....double standards when it suits.

I would argue that lots of different things are borne out of protest.

Womens right to vote, Abolition of slavery, Brexit and even Trump himself, in fact much of what we enjoy today is because someone, somewhere protested.

The ability to protest in a free society is important, whether we agree with those protesters or not.

I would argue that lots of different things are borne out of protest.

Womens right to vote, Abolition of slavery, Brexit and even Trump himself, in fact much of what we enjoy today is because someone, somewhere protested.

The ability to protest in a free society is important, whether we agree with those protesters or not.

Peaceful protests can be great and can achieve wonderful change,however some want to protest at anything and everything.

Personally I think most protests are wide of the mark whilst being the ultra political platform for some which the social media sheep follow blindly.

Back