• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

We are seriously missing the boat here again.

And there is **** all we can do about it, until the PFA are repaid in full. If ever...

We'll be left with the ones nobody wants again!

Time for a break from SUFC I think. It's soooo bloody depressing.

Let's hope England can make us all happy in the world cup.....

We are seriously missing the boat here again.

And there is **** all we can do about it, until the PFA are repaid in full. If ever...

We'll be left with the ones nobody wants again!

Time for a break from SUFC I think. It's soooo bloody depressing.

Apparently we can sign players whenever we want to. We just can't register them.

Our inactivity probably has less to do with the embargo than it does not being able to get rid of McCormack, Barrett, Francis and Mildenhall who between them make up almost half of our wage budget for the season. If they don't move then we don't sign anyone, embargo or not.

Weve got to do both, shift the high earners and get the embargo lifted. The chances of that being done before the Ipswich friendly???

Apparently we can sign players whenever we want to. We just can't register them.

Our inactivity probably has less to do with the embargo than it does not being able to get rid of McCormack, Barrett, Francis and Mildenhall who between them make up almost half of our wage budget for the season. If they don't move then we don't sign anyone, embargo or not.

oooh I get it, Peter clark was the reason we are in this mess last year, now its barretts maccas and mildenhalls fault, whos gonna be your scape goat next season? Alison from the ticket office? oops !!!!!!

anyway how does this all work then? if they dont leave we dont sign anyone?? how does that work with fielding enough players ect, You pretty much have an answer for anything that is questioned about the sorry situation occuring at present, so serioulsy I would love to know the answer

Burn Barrett Burn for what you have done to this club, there that ok?

oooh must just add, isnt it funny how hard it has been for us to attract players over the last 3 -4 years because we cant compete with wages being paid. remember that line????

funny how now it fits again for martin we are labelled with a squad of redicoulsly high earners!! you couldnt make it up could you Ron?

oooh I get it, Peter clark was the reason we are in this mess last year, now its barretts maccas and mildenhalls fault, whos gonna be your scape goat next season? Alison from the ticket office? oops !!!!!!

anyway how does this all work then? if they dont leave we dont sign anyone?? how does that work with fielding enough players ect, You pretty much have an answer for anything that is questioned about the sorry situation occuring at present, so serioulsy I would love to know the answer

Burn Barrett Burn for what you have done to this club, there that ok?

It's not Barrett, Macca and Mildenhall's fault. But you do the maths - the Club has said that we want a £1.4m wage budget next season. If those three and Francis are on an average of £2k a week (and I think they're on more) then between them they make up around a third of the budget.

It's not Barrett, Macca and Mildenhall's fault. But you do the maths - the Club has said that we want a £1.4m wage budget next season. If those three and Francis are on an average of £2k a week (and I think they're on more) then between them they make up around a third of the budget.

2k a week x 52 =£104k +15% for NI etc. = £120k x 4 = £480k

£480k / £1.4m = 34%

Things are going to get interesting with that sort of budget!!!

I see Paul Terry is leaving R&D after not agreeing a new deal (sorry if thats old news). I know in the past the thought of him playing for us was not a pleasant one but in our current plight I'm no longer so sure he might not be the sort of player we're going to need, no matter how dislikable!

I see Paul Terry is leaving R&D after not agreeing a new deal (sorry if thats old news). I know in the past the thought of him playing for us was not a pleasant one but in our current plight I'm no longer so sure he might not be the sort of player we're going to need, no matter how dislikable!

didn't he copy his brother and shag his teammates missus? I think that is main reason he's not been offered contract?

didn't he copy his brother and shag his teammates missus? I think that is main reason he's not been offered contract?

According to the BBC website he was offered a new deal but wouldn't sign it. JE was quoted as saying he wanted him to stay. Although him deciding to leave may well be due to not being exactly popular in the dressing room admittedly!

I would like to see us take jorden spence on loan from west ham, he looks a really exciting prospect

I know its been discussed before but what about lockwood been released by col u according to him he has nothing in the pipeline he has had no offers but dont expect anything to happen untill july is he worth the gamble .I think he will do well here

Back