• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

But we will not see any of it will we all this talk about sell on clauses it will go straight into the fossetts fund , Bournemouth done it all last season with youth players they had no option
If Ron got his hands on 1mill quid today, Tilson wouldnt see a penny of it.

I wish people would stop moaning about this thread, I find it enjoyable whether we sign a few of the names mentioned or none of them. It's nice to see who is releasing players and players who would suit us. You never know Tilson or someone at the club maybe reading this thread and suggesting these players. We could have our input in who we sign?

THATS what im trying to say lets just let ron get on with it, we cannot do anything about it
Ive bought myself a season ticket and im going every game, im still going to support them through thick and thin like i have done for the last 20 odd years

paul brush to daggers.

1219.10376.file.eng.jpg

Just to stick this back at the top,

My post about Kirk Hudson signing is becoming stronger, he doesn't like the new managers tactics (Aldershot), he isn't on that great money, and we wouldn't have to offer him a great contract to attract him. He lives with his family still I think.

And

Ricky Holmes, is looking for a move to us, we already know that, but again, we wouldn't have to offer great money.

They both would love the opportunity to play for us. Just a bit of brighter news.

This is not a definite 'they are signing post'

The source is family friend and someone they both played football with and against.

Just to stick this back at the top,

My post about Kirk Hudson signing is becoming stronger, he doesn't like the new managers tactics (Aldershot), he isn't on that great money, and we wouldn't have to offer him a great contract to attract him. He lives with his family still I think.

And

Ricky Holmes, is looking for a move to us, we already know that, but again, we wouldn't have to offer great money.

They both would love the opportunity to play for us. Just a bit of brighter news.

This is not a definite 'they are signing post'

The source is family friend and someone they both played football with and against.

To be honest, players actually wanting to sign for us are going to be at a premium this summer. So we need to snap up any half decent lads that do so, or we are going to be fatally short of numbers yet again..

Both local lads as well, so should be well aware of what it means to pull on the blue of our club.

Get 'em in, and sharpish.

To be honest, players actually wanting to sign for us are going to be at a premium this summer. So we need to snap up any half decent lads that do so, or we are going to be fatally short of numbers yet again..

Both local lads as well, so should be well aware of what it means to pull on the blue of our club.

Get 'em in, and sharpish.

They're also two players who Tilly could have signed at any point in the past few years if he thought that they were any good.

They're also two players who Tilly could have signed at any point in the past few years if he thought that they were any good.

Not all players make it the first time. They have got a fair bit older now, and grown out and up words. Tilson thought Kirk was too small, but he's a big lad now. Easy sailor.

And we all know about Tilson's judgement, And who says it was Tilly who decided they didn't cut the mustard? It may of been Brush that said no... They were wrong about Paynter, Hooper, Macdonald and Kightly who says they are right in not giving Hudson and Holmes a go. At the moment we cannot really be picky can we. And players that are willing to play for us well we need to snap them up really don't we. We are hardly an attractive club at the moment and cannot afford to be picky.

Tilson was right about Paynter, Hooper, MacDonald and Kightly. He brought them all in.

So he was right in letting them all go?

Paynter's confidence was shot to pieces by the championship season. It took him 3 years at Swindon to have 1 good season. At the time we were aiming for playoffs and he wasnt good enough at that point.

Once again we were aiming for playoffs when we let McDonald go. Is he a League 1 promotion striker? I dont think so.

Hooper, in hindsight you would have to say he was wrong letting him go. I think everyone knew he had talent. Remember we got money for Hooper its a bit different to 'letting them go'

Tilson sold Kightly with the belief of he could buy him back if he became any good as they were good mates (i know this first hand). Obviously that was squashed as soon as Wolves came in with a bid.

Paynter's confidence was shot to pieces by the championship season. It took him 3 years at Swindon to have 1 good season. At the time we were aiming for playoffs and he wasnt good enough at that point.

Once again we were aiming for playoffs when we let McDonald go. Is he a League 1 promotion striker? I dont think so.

Hooper, in hindsight you would have to say he was wrong letting him go. I think everyone knew he had talent. Remember we got money for Hooper its a bit different to 'letting them go'

Tilson sold Kightly with the belief of he could buy him back if he became any good as they were good mates (i know this first hand). Obviously that was squashed as soon as Wolves came in with a bid.

Why not loan him out then? Surely that is common sense.... At least keep him on the books and loaned him out to Grays for a whole season.

Back