• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

After looking thru PFA website of Free Transfer's and Transfer Listed players ive come up with players id like to see down the hall, realistic targets;

GK - Lenny Pidgeley, Rhys Evans, Daryl Flahavan, Steve Collis

RB - Osei Sankofa, Lewis Hunt, Lloyd James, Danny Butterfield, Danny Senda

LB - Evan Horwood, Robbie Williams

CB - Chris Perry, Mark Phillips, Sam Sodje

RM - Simon Whaley, Gavin Tomlin, David Hutton, Chris Shuker

LM - Kevin Mcleod

CM - Gavin Rothery, Sean Thornton

CF - Adebayo Akinfenwa, Barry Conlon, Leon Knight, Bas Savage, Simon Thomas (Local Lad)

After looking thru PFA website of Free Transfer's and Transfer Listed players ive come up with players id like to see down the hall, realistic targets;

LM - Kevin Mcleod

CF - Adebayo Akinfenwa, Barry Conlon, Leon Knight, Bas Savage, Simon Thomas (Local Lad)

All are possible if the embargo disappears.

Article in Portsmouth Evening News

Interesting article in Portsmouth Evening News:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-face-player-crisis.6417911.jp

The Portsmouth adminstrator states that the league allow teams with a transfer embargo to recruit players providing the squad numbers do not exceed 20. I seem to remember this rule also applied to Stockport last season. Unsure if this only applies to teams in administration. Even with if you consider youth team players as pat of the squad, we must have less than 20 players in he squad.

LM - Kevin Mcleod

Akinfenwa wants too much money. Conlon, Knight and Savage please god no.

and isn't Simon Thomas the SSN presenter ?

-

LM - Kevin Mcleod

Barry ****ing Conlon! Holy Moley

If Portsmouth have been given special dispensation to sign a goalkeeper, surely we should be allowed to do the same for our goalkeeping area and our defence, of which their is only 1 from my recollection.

Bas Savage?! *gulps* No thanks lol, where i work there is a guy who is playing for the Southend Youth team and he said he saw a new face in the training ground training with the first team, from what he described (as he dosent know his name) "He was a pretty tall black guy." If he is in tomorrow i shall see if i can get some inside info as i think he had training today too.

If Portsmouth have been given special dispensation to sign a goalkeeper, surely we should be allowed to do the same for our goalkeeping area and our defence, of which their is only 1 from my recollection.

We will if the embargo isn't lifted. Bournemouth did the same thing last season. We'll be allowed to sign players at some point.

Bas Savage?! *gulps* No thanks lol, where i work there is a guy who is playing for the Southend Youth team and he said he saw a new face in the training ground training with the first team, from what he described (as he dosent know his name) "He was a pretty tall black guy." If he is in tomorrow i shall see if i can get some inside info as i think he had training today too.

I think you'll find that was Bilel. That's the one I saw. He is more half-cast than black tho.

Back