• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

Keigan Parker has been released by Oldham.

Decent player and I believe a Tilly target a few seasons ago...

Probably one of those "I won't move south of Sheffield" type players though!

.....when we were in The Championship.

It's been confirmed that the previously mentioned Billy Gibson has been released by Watford.

Lewis Young has also been released. He'd be well worth a look as well in my opinion.

Isn't he Ashley Young's brother or a relation to him?

It's been confirmed that the previously mentioned Billy Gibson has been released by Watford.

Lewis Young has also been released. He'd be well worth a look as well in my opinion.

Yes and yes.

Lewis Young can also play up top as well as out wide. Tilson type of signing. Had a loan spell at Hereford previously, so has the added experience of League Two football.

Also released from Watford is Will Hoskins who would be a superb signing and Jon Harley.

Yes and yes.

Lewis Young can also play up top as well as out wide. Tilson type of signing. Had a loan spell at Hereford previously, so has the added experience of League Two football.

Also released from Watford is Will Hoskins who would be a superb signing and Jon Harley.

Will Hoskins would be great. He was on a big wage before which stopped him coming previously, however I doubt he'll get another big wage so may be tempted (with no wage!)

Yes and yes.

Billy Gibson is a right midfield IIRC. Jon Harley is a left back and it would be great to get some experience there, and someone who could help Herd progress. Jay DeMerit has also been released, but I reckon he will go back to the states, and I doubt we could sign him.

Billy Gibson is a right midfield IIRC. Jon Harley is a left back and it would be great to get some experience there, and someone who could help Herd progress. Jay DeMerit has also been released, but I reckon he will go back to the states, and I doubt we could sign him.

Cant see Harley or De Merit wanting to slum it in L2 sure both will get Championship clubs easily.

Young may have other options but personally would like to see him. Gibson I cant comment on as never seen.

Gibson can play on either flank, and according to Travelling Blue, he has been lined up to come in. Exciting young winger.

I'd imagine if he came in, and Ricky Holmes, we certainly wouldn't be looking for anymore wide players.

Harley could do the role of mentor for Herd, but I expect him and Hoskins will find themselves another Club without much hassle. Hoskins moved for over £1million recently, so he will have a few offers I imagine.

Ben Strevens is rumoured to have asked to leave Brentford and has got Daggers and Wycombe interested, might be a good addition considering what we have at the moment.

Also at Brentford, Cleveland Taylor, who I think we might have had on trial once(?), a quick right winger, has been transfer listed. Likely to go to Burton where he was on loan and scored 4 in 24 last season, but would be a good signing. Burton have offered him a contract but it's rumoured he's turned it down and there are other clubs intrested, hopefully including us.

Last edited:
Some great players being mentioned here and would love to see them at RH, sadly and based on RMs recent track record I think that we are being over optimistic and will end up with loads of unknown tripe like Martin Camano (useless spanish CB) playing in pre season friendlies.

Lets hope that I am totally wrong and that the war chest has been found - but I'm not holding my breath!!

What is the point of a potential signings thread when there is no evidence whatsoever that we will sign anyone. Previous experience shows this also.

The same should go for the Asst. Manager thread.

Well, I started this thread up last season and the idea was that every Club in the football league will be releasing players left, right and centre and a lot of them would have had their own threads on the message board and waste a lot of space.

The idea is similar with this one. I'd rather they was all kept in the same place. If, the echo for example, link us heavily with a player then have another thread but can you imagine logging on and seeing 20 new threads about players that have just been released.

Come on mate, Harley and DeMerit??!! They are probably on more a week than the rest of our squad together!
This thread is amusing if nothing else!

Come on mate, Harley and DeMerit??!! They are probably on more a week than the rest of our squad together!
This thread is amusing if nothing else!

Harley was mentioned way before I did. I only mentioned DeMerit as he was released along with the others and we should be looking for experienced central defenders on a free.

Indeed we should couldnt agree more mate but we're more likely to get players from Wickford than Watford.

Back