• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

We're not going to get anyone who is based up North, unless they are a Southerner looking to come closer to home. Otherwise we're just not going to be offering the sort of package that would entice anyone to relocate.

What about local boy Kirk Hudson? He is now out of contract at Aldershot I believe...

Simon Thomas a striker from Palace?

Jake Thompson a Right winger from Saints?

Last edited:
What about local boy Kirk Hudson. He is now out of contract at Aldershot I believe.

he hardly filled his boots at Aldershot. 26 goals in 135 appearances.

edit - seems wiki is out of date.

45 in 180 apparently.

Last edited:
he hardly filled his boots at Aldershot. 26 goals in 135 appearances.

edit - seems wiki is out of date.

45 in 180 apparently.

Missed a chunk of last season with an injury, whilst a striker when younger ,Shots are playing him on the Right wing

What about local boy Kirk Hudson? He is now out of contract at Aldershot I believe...

Simon Thomas a striker from Palace?

Jake Thompson a Right winger from Saints?

I saw at Morecambe a couple of weeks ago & was pants. Good pace, but that was about it. I also saw him at Shrewsbury earlier this season & he wasn't much better, although in fairness to him Aldershot did play the last hour with 10 men that day.

He has just been offered a new contract by Aldershot. Would he want to play for us after we turned him down a few years ago? Too small I believe was the reason!!

I saw at Morecambe a couple of weeks ago & was pants. Good pace, but that was about it. I also saw him at Shrewsbury earlier this season & he wasn't much better, although in fairness to him Aldershot did play the last hour with 10 men that day.

He has just been offered a new contract by Aldershot. Would he want to play for us after we turned him down a few years ago? Too small I believe was the reason!!

I know that Kirk Hudson is looking to possibly move away from Aldershot as he doesn't like the style of football that the new Aldershot manager plays. Someone that regularly comes into the office where I work, knows his family. He didn't rule out a move to us.

Apparently, we have signed Jordan Sidhu from Chelsea on a youth contract.

Apparently, we have signed Jordan Sidhu from Chelsea on a youth contract.

This article: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/04/07/chelsea-praised-for-plan-to-boost-south-asian-players-in-the-game-070402/ backs this up.

It won’t produce legions of players immediately good enough to populate Chelsea’s youth ranks. Indeed the two main “winners” from the inaugural ‘Asian Stars’ last year are now attached to clubs in lower divisions, respectively Jordan Sidhu at Southend, and A’ameer Murphy-Kstantin at Orient.

I know that Kirk Hudson is looking to possibly move away from Aldershot as he doesn't like the style of football that the new Aldershot manager plays. Someone that regularly comes into the office where I work, knows his family. He didn't rule out a move to us.

I'd be far from disappointed if we signed Hudson. He'd be an extremely useful player to have in the squad........

Are all thoses dots a sign you know something ;)

Not at all I'm afraid. I'm sworn to secrecy these days when I do acually get told something anyway, hence why I didn't chirp up on the Wright thread until he'd signed for Darlo. All very dull. :dim:

It's been confirmed that the previously mentioned Billy Gibson has been released by Watford.

Lewis Young has also been released. He'd be well worth a look as well in my opinion.

It's been confirmed that the previously mentioned Billy Gibson has been released by Watford.

Lewis Young has also been released. He'd be well worth a look as well in my opinion.

gotta be you applying for freelance scout andy surely?

Keigan Parker has been released by Oldham.

Decent player and I believe a Tilly target a few seasons ago...

Probably one of those "I won't move south of Sheffield" type players though!

Last edited:
Smiffy said:
Keigan Parker has been released by Oldham.

Decent player and I believe a Tilly target a few seasons ago...

Probably one of those "I won't move south of Sheffield" type players though!
According to Oldham fans, he was a total waste of space...

Back