• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

:stunned: What do you mean no relevance. What planet are you on FFS. One of the terrorists has been fingerprinted and confirmed as being traced back to Syria via Turkey and Greece. That's highly relevant. Jeesus, I thought TUIB was misguided and deluded. How exactly is that NOT relevant?

Your wasting your time bloke !

This thread has seen the right offer sensible debate whilst the left have tried put downs insults and trying to be clever.

:stunned: What do you mean no relevance. What planet are you on FFS. One of the terrorists has been fingerprinted and confirmed as being traced back to Syria via Turkey and Greece. That's highly relevant. Jeesus, I thought TUIB was misguided and deluded. How exactly is that NOT relevant?

This has not yet been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

“Ahmad Almohammad” , 25
A name of a 25 year-old from Idlib found on a forged Syrian passport found near one of the bodies of the attackers at the Stade de France. The fingerprints of an attacker matched those taken from a man who passed through Greece in October. Reports from Serbia say that another man has been detained there with an identical passport, suggesting that several may be in circulation, and throwing doubt on whether one of the attackers had indeed used the Balkan refugee route."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...16/men-who-attacked-paris-profile-terror-cell

Until it is, the question you asked me earlier today can't reasonably be answered ,either.

Because the guise under which one of the terrorists may have travelled is not the thing to focus on. IS are not short of funds or fake documents. They will get their people to travel one way or another. Sentencing tens of thousands to death by preventing their escape from a warzone is not justified. This one person (that has possibly been identified amongst tens of thousands leaving) would leave by another means if they had decided he was to be involved in the atrocity.

Your wasting your time bloke !

This thread has seen the right offer sensible debate whilst the left have tried put downs insults and trying to be clever.

Maybe you should try to be clever too?

Originally Posted by mrsblue:

'Those fleeing Syria are mainly economic migrants searching for a better life...,'

It's a......warzone, remember?

Maybe you should try to be clever too?

Originally Posted by mrsblue:

'Those fleeing Syria are mainly economic migrants searching for a better life...,'

It's a......warzone, remember?

Yes it's a war zone with vast areas of safe zones,97% of the Syrian population have not been harmed by the war.

The majority of Syrians are poor and could never afford the £1000 per person to sail across the med,I bet the majority don't even have a passport.

The refugees have a mixture from different countries,so it's a lie saying they are all Syrian.

They have illegally entered Europe whilst leaving piles of rubbish in their wake,they have thrown good food away,they have terrorised the citizens of Greece with their fighting and general don't give a damn attitude.

Many have admitted on camera they want either a good job or to go to any country who give nice financial hand outs.

They could have gone to tent city but oh no that's not good enough is it,how about remaining in Greece,they are safe there but oh no Greece ain't good enough,Look at Calais,they are safe in France and can claim asylum but oh no they want England.

Your mad leader showed his true colours today which had his own party pulling their hair out ,but hey no matter what anyone says you will ask for forensic evidence which you will then refute claiming it's false,open your eyes and see the real world brother.

Because the guise under which one of the terrorists may have travelled is not the thing to focus on. IS are not short of funds or fake documents. They will get their people to travel one way or another. Sentencing tens of thousands to death by preventing their escape from a warzone is not justified. This one person (that has possibly been identified amongst tens of thousands leaving) would leave by another means if they had decided he was to be involved in the atrocity.

That's exactly what people like you and Merkel have done. Forget about terrorists hiding amongst the migrants. 95% of those arriving via Greece are not from a war zone. That means the ones that are in most need of our help, the women and children who can barely walk over the border. The genuine refugees who are waiting to be processed and are playing by the rules because they never had any money to be 'smuggled' are the ones we have really let down.

Weak politicians pandering to the left for votes, have created a system were young single men from Africa, Asia and the Middle East will now exploit at others expense. The numbers will be higher next year and those that are desperate will be even further down the queue.

Good job your not in charge of a casualty department. Single men with minor injuries can jump ahead of more serious cases because they will cause a scene and families won't.

Last edited:
Yes it's a war zone with vast areas of safe zones,97% of the Syrian population have not been harmed by the war.

Ridiculous. Based off that logic France shouldn't worried about terrorism since 99.9998% of people in the country haven't been killed by ISIS.

The majority of Syrians are poor and could never afford the £1000 per person to sail across the med,I bet the majority don't even have a passport.

The refugees have a mixture from different countries,so it's a lie saying they are all Syrian.

They have illegally entered Europe whilst leaving piles of rubbish in their wake,they have thrown good food away,they have terrorised the citizens of Greece with their fighting and general don't give a damn attitude.

Many have admitted on camera they want either a good job or to go to any country who give nice financial hand outs.

They could have gone to tent city but oh no that's not good enough is it,how about remaining in Greece,they are safe there but oh no Greece ain't good enough,Look at Calais,they are safe in France and can claim asylum but oh no they want England.

Your mad leader showed his true colours today which had his own party pulling their hair out ,but hey no matter what anyone says you will ask for forensic evidence which you will then refute claiming it's false,open your eyes and see the real world brother.
Too late to start wading through this but I'll end on a smile due to the line about Syrian refugees 'throwing good food away'. That has amused me.

That's exactly what people like you and Merkel have done. Forget about terrorists hiding amongst the migrants. 95% of those arriving via Greece are not from a war zone. That means the ones that are in most need of our help, the women and children who can barely walk over the border. The genuine refugees who are waiting to be processed and are playing by the rules because they never had any money to be 'smuggled' are the ones we have really let down.

Weak politicians pandering to the left for votes, have created a system were young single men from Africa, Asia and the Middle East will now exploit at others expense. The numbers will be higher next year and those that are desperate will be even further down the queue.

Good job your not in charge of a casualty department. Single men with minor injuries can jump ahead of more serious cases because they will cause a seen and families won't.[/QUOTE]

erm, what???

as for the rest, I go back to the same point - travel was not invented a few months ago with the increase in migration from Syria. Travel has existed for a long time and terrorists have often used travel to get from one place to another.

Ridiculous. Based off that logic France shouldn't worried about terrorism since 99.9998% of people in the country haven't been killed by ISIS.

Oh dear lord ,

France is not a war zone ,it was attacked by terrorists.
Syria is a war zone which sadly has around 100,000 civilian deaths with a further 150,000 fighters killed,the civilian death toll equates to around 0.5% casualties,very sad I know but they are the facts.

We can go backward and forward all day representing our own political point of view.

One thing is sure over 100 people lay dead, it doesn't really matter what religion they are or where they come from they are dead....and for what?

We can fight amongst selves as to solutions or even argue do nothing.

One thing for me is our world is changing, do we feel the need to protect what we have or do we embrace change?

Whatever your point of view we are at a crossroads, now so more than 9/11 because this time whatever is happening is amongst us, its an internal threat as much as external.

I don't have the answers as to what is right or wrong but I do have faith that as humans we will make the right the choices.

Good job your not in charge of a casualty department. Single men with minor injuries can jump ahead of more serious cases because they will cause a seen and families won't.[/QUOTE]

erm, what???

as for the rest, I go back to the same point - travel was not invented a few months ago with the increase in migration from Syria. Travel has existed for a long time and terrorists have often used travel to get from one place to another.

Nice to see your back to your old tricks..... If you can't answer a difficult point, avoid it with bull****

We can go backward and forward all day representing our own political point of view.

One thing is sure over 100 people lay dead, it doesn't really matter what religion they are or where they come from they are dead....and for what?

We can fight amongst selves as to solutions or even argue do nothing.

One thing for me is our world is changing, do we feel the need to protect what we have or do we embrace change?

Whatever your point of view we are at a crossroads, now so more than 9/11 because this time whatever is happening is amongst us, its an internal threat as much as external.

I don't have the answers as to what is right or wrong but I do have faith that as humans we will make the right the choices.

I've just read all 19 pages of posts and this is probably the most sensible. 130 people are dead and that is what people should be focussed on.

There has to be a sensible and reasoned conversation about migration and the causes of the sort of international terrorism that we've seen in recent years. That means no name calling (looney left vs kippers for example). This isn't a left vs right issue, it is a complex issue which impacts the whole of society and is one which needs to be discussed rationally.

We also need to keep things in context. In eight of the last ten years more innocent British people have been killed by dogs than by terrorists. There are fundamental rights and freedoms at stake and these shouldn't be sacrificed because of a knee-jerk reaction.

Last edited:
I'll only speak once.

I watched the carnage unveil itself on friday night in stunned silence. The death toll slowly rising as the night went on. On Saturday morning, over 100 and still raising, the whole grusome story becoming more horrific by the hour. Becoming clear that once more, a European city has had to pay the price.

First the shock on Shrimperzone but only for a page. Then the blame in the name of futile debate, it's the refugee's, they were home grown as more die of their wounds. It's incompetant police, the muslims, watch list and boat people, a few more die.

Then we infight, accusations of disinformation, bile and vile words while surgeons operate on the real victims and families hunt the streets of Paris hoping against hope of finding the loved ones who they can't make contact with. One asks to mourn, to mourn strangers he neither knows or names but checked the fridge to toast the death of an old woman.

Divert to border controls, immigration and free movement on a thread about innocent people watching a band, eating a meal or having drink and never being able to do such a thing again. While our so called leaders pat each other on the back in Turkey but not too hard as litle backbone tends to snap.

So we will observe a minutes silence and I will put my faith in a man who might rather the one who wont, and I'll watch those families bury sons and daughters,mothers and fathers and the left and right blame each other and await the next time.

I'll say no more.

This is easily the most dignified post on this thread (and I've read all 19 pages of it too).

You clearly haven't lost your essential humanity,GHG.chapeau.

Unfortunately this sort of humanity has not always been displayed by some others.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this sort of humanity has not often been displayed by some others.[/QUOTE]

Including your fine self i would say.

More arrests last night and another passport has come to light the same as the refugee one,hoping all involed get whats due to them

This is easily the most dignified post on this thread (and I've read all 19 pages of it too).

You clearly haven't lost your essential humanity,GHG.chapeau.

Unfortunately this sort of humanity has not often been displayed by some others.

Why can't you just end your post after the second line? Why do you need to have a dig at 'some others'?

I do hope this debate isn't going to degenerate further and get locked. I sense we are not far from that which would be a shame.

Back