• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paris terrorist attacks

Seaports are Our weakest link which need tight security,airports already have x ray so don't understand your point in bringing airports into the debate,espicially when I was clearly referring to seaports.

Cargo and passengers come into this country by air and sea. The seaports in this country have far more industrial level sophisticated X-ray capability than airports because of the vast volume of containers that are shifted. That said, a lot of cargo travels by air and therefore the opportunity to bring weapons and bodies in via containers is also a major threat.
I'm sure you though you were only talking ports, but it wasn't clear to me.

Yet you're more than happy to spend all of your days peddling your own nonsense on the Political threads when it suits your fancy or needs.....Total hypocrite.

At least closing the borders to immigrants/refugees would act as some kind of worthwhile step to keeping the people of our nations safe, it might put an extra hurdle which might buy invaluable time for intelligence to spot a terrorist plan evolving, even if it's an extra day. The issue is of course far deeper and needs to be addressed over generations, but what choice do we have in the short term? To carry on putting innocent lives at risk by letting anyone through the gates?

I don't know, maybe the solution is to up the whole Big Brother surveillance on a worldwide scale. After all, if you're innocent, what do you have to hide? People have abused the right to privacy, so maybe the only way to ensure peoples safety is to monitor everyone. Computers can be trained these days to flag suspicious activity, so in the long run it might not be all that expensive/man hour intensive to deploy.

I think you'll find that GB has never signed up to Schengen.So there's nothing for you and your Kipper mates to worry about is there?

According to BBC the fingerprints of the dead terrorist found with / near the syrian passport match those taken by Greece on registration.
Identity however uncorfimed.

Why on earth are you saying this? I was asking whether you wanted x-rays at all ports and airports. What has that to do with dirty bombs???

Let's be fair here. How often do you think the cleaning lady attacks a bomb with a spot of elbow grease? They're probably all dirty, especially if they've been concealed somewhere.

We have been searched 3 times,they looked into the boot twice but a more thorough search lasting 2 minutes was carried out in Dover,all 3 events lasted no more than 3 minutes at most.

Million quid is nothing but loose change within Britain's economy ,even if it cost 50 million each year that is the price of attacking Arab States whilst promoting multi cultural society.

Intelligent led information hopefully will pinpoint those motors which require vigorous searching.

So that's 3 minutes of getting searched. What about the process of getting out of your car, search, get back in and drive away? 5 minutes.

OK - so we've got the ports covered, with a solution. We now need to install the same equipment in every port in the country no matter how big or small. How much do you think this is going to cost and you don't think this is going to cripple business and therefore the economy?

Likewise, if drug dealers can bring all they want over using rubber dinghies, light aircraft etc what's to say that well funded terrorist organisations can't do the same? You close off one channel with the most convoluted security measure there will be another back door exposed.

If you're that motivated to cause havoc you'll find a way. Even if we just put a huge dome over the UK they'll try tunnelling in.

Cargo and passengers come into this country by air and sea. The seaports in this country have far more industrial level sophisticated X-ray capability than airports because of the vast volume of containers that are shifted. That said, a lot of cargo travels by air and therefore the opportunity to bring weapons and bodies in via containers is also a major threat.
I'm sure you though you were only talking ports, but it wasn't clear to me.

Cargo at British airports is checked and then double checked and then checked again,I was fascinated to watch the airport loading staff carry out their duties,every ounce of baggage and freight is x rayed thoroughly .

Seaports are totally different as thousands of cars and vans and lorries go through unchecked every single day,this requires urgent remedies in the hope it will help in stopping maniacs from carrying out their hatred toward us all.

So that's 3 minutes of getting searched. What about the process of getting out of your car, search, get back in and drive away? 5 minutes.

OK - so we've got the ports covered, with a solution. We now need to install the same equipment in every port in the country no matter how big or small. How much do you think this is going to cost and you don't think this is going to cripple business and therefore the economy?

Likewise, if drug dealers can bring all they want over using rubber dinghies, light aircraft etc what's to say that well funded terrorist organisations can't do the same? You close off one channel with the most convoluted security measure there will be another back door exposed.

If you're that motivated to cause havoc you'll find a way. Even if we just put a huge dome over the UK they'll try tunnelling in.

The government can either try to beef up security or not,whatever you or I say doesn't have any bearing or say on the matter.

I think you'll find that GB has never signed up to Schengen.So there's nothing for you and your Kipper mates to worry about is there?

Schengen is virtually finished as countries close their borders,even Germany briefly closed their own entry point,The very idea of open borders in the madness from all sides in today's world is laughable.

The government can either try to beef up security or not,whatever you or I say doesn't have any bearing or say on the matter.

But we know the answer. This country supposedly does not have a pot to **** in. We (the British public) are worth £0 to the government so we may as well just let things play out as they are.

Or just up sticks and live in North Korea.

And what I resent is your continued self seeking posts citing your inability to mourn etc.

You now seem to have recovered sufficiently to have the debate you wanted stopped earlier.

It seems to me that your only interest in the Paris terrorists attacks, is to use them as a platform to propogate your profoundly anti-European views.

That's not a "debate" that should be allowed to take over this thread,IMO.

It's a shame the country's security and terrorism experts are too busy posting in this thread.

Well he's spot on. There is none - it looks similar to the scum that carried out the 7/7 attacks - home grown, radicalised Muslims youths.

I could have picked a few but this is an intelligent point I've overlooked. Thanks MK

Schengen is virtually finished as countries close their borders,even Germany briefly closed their own entry point,The very idea of open borders in the madness from all sides in today's world is laughable.

What you say may be true in the short term.I sincerely hope though -as a committed European-that this won't be the long-term consequence of the Paris attacks.

But we know the answer. This country supposedly does not have a pot to **** in. We (the British public) are worth £0 to the government so we may as well just let things play out as they are.

Or just up sticks and live in North Korea.

Only last week this government were willing to put up 200 million to pay African nations in order to stem the flow of refugees,even though we all know there are two slight problems with the idea,
A,the refugees are reportedly fleeing from war or dictatorships
B,any money used will only line the pockets of the very few

Why not use 1% of the ridiculous overseas aid budget to secure our ports.

What you say may be true in the short term.I sincerely hope though -as a committed European-that this won't be the long-term consequence of the Paris attacks.

Every time the West bomb/invade Arab/African/Middle Eastern countries ,then the free movement becomes null and void as we have all witnessed in the past few months.Europe has itself in a complete muddle and none of it's leaders have a clue to solve it,last night French warplanes bombed merrily away whilst acting as the recruiting sergeant for IS.

The West will never ever stop the madness by using bombs guns and whatever else,the world is strinking as many countries are now off limits to the hordes.

Shame.

It seems to me that your only interest in the Paris terrorists attacks, is to use them as a platform to propogate your profoundly anti-European views.

I have only said that by improving and having proper border controls it will lessen risk.
How is that anti European?

Your desperate attempts to try and make this thread something it's not are absolutely abhorrent even by your own low standards.
If you don't like what I or anyone posts barna, there's an ignore button you may wish to use it.

And how about you stop using this thread for your pro euopean views
100 PLUS DEAD AND MORE TO COME SO TAKE YOUR POLITICS AND DO ONE.

Only last week this government were willing to put up 200 million to pay African nations in order to stem the flow of refugees,even though we all know there are two slight problems with the idea,
A,the refugees are reportedly fleeing from war or dictatorships
B,any money used will only line the pockets of the very few

Why not use 1% of the ridiculous overseas aid budget to secure our ports.

OK - Gotcha now.

STN2616PIC1_346586k.jpg

Back