• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the summer of 2017 (so in the past 2-and-a-half years) 16 clubs in the EFL have faced a winding-up petition (roughly 20%):
Bolton Wanderers, Bury, Carlisle United, Crawley Town, Gillingham, Ipswich Town, Leyton Orient, Macclesfield Town, Middlesbrough, Morecambe, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Southend United and Tranmere Rovers

Of those, 11 have been served with multiple winding-up petitions (so roughly 14% of all EFL clubs).

16 out of 92 clubs is 17% but I take the point
11 clubs with multiple orders at 12% (11/92) is higher than I thought it would be in fairness and some names on your list are a surprise to me as don’t recall them being in press (or at least I don’t recall reading about it).

What I would say though is recent court appearance and non-payment of wages is not the full extent of financial issues and unfortunately things are potentially close to getting a fair bit worse. Hopefully for you guys it won’t happen and Mr Martin will do some skilful juggling but even the best will eventually drop a ball or two

So what exactly was the chain here? The person in charge of paying wages went to pay them and noticed there wasnt enough in the account so reluctantly sent ron a text message, ron then logged in to his natwest account and transferred 10k from one of his overdrafts to pay it?

Mickey mouse club :(

After all its only 5 or 6 of the lesser earners eh. Who gives a toss. Bloody annoying these people asking for a salary.

Are they genuinely going to find another club that pays them what they are on now....I think not!

They managed to find us Ok.

Next summer there will be another 24 clubs in L1.....Many of them with recent new managers. All under the same unrealistic 'fan pressure'. The same pressure that cost the previous manger his job.

They will know they have no time to develop young players so will go for quick fix so called experienced players. Otherwise they may not have a job by September. Its because of that environment that agents and their players can push wages up and up.

A lot of ours fans can't accept reality, They want us to ruin any chance we have next season in L2 and even risk going bust by buying players this January.......We have to ask ourselves, What would be a players motive for even signing for us and how much would his agent really want?

So what exactly was the chain here? The person in charge of paying wages went to pay them and noticed there wasnt enough in the account so reluctantly sent ron a text message, ron then logged in to his natwest account and transferred 10k from one of his overdrafts to pay it?

Mickey mouse club :(

After all its only 5 or 6 of the lesser earners eh. Who gives a toss. Bloody annoying these people asking for a salary.
Who said it was the lesser earners ?
You would be surprised

It is, of course, disgraceful and selfish in the extreme that Ron fails to be a billionaire, and continues to only pump £1-2m of his own money into the club annually.

Then be honest like Simon Jordan did and say my pockets are just not deep enough and put the club up for sale? No he has to turn us into something that it fast becoming unsalable.
I'm fed up with hearing his bull**** schemes and his sycophantic obsession with us becoming the next Leicester City. 15 years ago we should have aimed for a small tidy workable ground on the Roots Hall site something in line with Dean Court or The Keepmoat. But oh no we have to go macro. We are all caught up in this megalomaniacs distorted dream and it ain't going to have a happy ending!

Then be honest like Simon Jordan did and say my pockets are just not deep enough and put the club up for sale? No he has to turn us into something that it fast becoming unsalable.
I'm fed up with hearing his bull**** schemes and his sycophantic obsession with us becoming the next Leicester City. 15 years ago we should have aimed for a small tidy workable ground on the Roots Hall site something in line with Dean Court or The Keepmoat. But oh no we have to go macro. We are all caught up in this megalomaniacs distorted dream and it ain't going to have a happy ending!

Regrettably the only way Ron gets his investment back is not to sell the club but complete the project. Has always been so and wishing it different won't change anything. You may say it will have an unhappy ending but that puts you in the happy position that if you are proved wrong you won't care one tiny bit :-)

I think if he thought keeping quiet about non payment was the right decision, then its back fired big time, I agree we "Rely" on RM, but let him not forget he relies on supporters to pay through the gates to keep his payments to a minimum, not much to wards it but end of the day better than none

Sadly missing Saturday game as in London for wife big 60 bash,love to hear and see crowd reaction as he takes his seat

UTS

He has and no one wants to buy the club......So what would you do?

Seeing as RH is now worth a tidy sum, rather than a football person perhaps a developer would buy the club. They could make money whilst we ground shared at one of those sort of stadiums you mention......Col U for home games anyone?

Seeing as RH is now worth a tidy sum, rather than a football person perhaps a developer would buy the club. They could make money whilst we ground shared at one of those sort of stadiums you mention......Col U for home games anyone?

It would be handy having a property developer as an owner - you know, one who actually builds things from time-to-time

:Whistling::Winking:

I think if he thought keeping quiet about non payment was the right decision, then its back fired big time, I agree we "Rely" on RM, but let him not forget he relies on supporters to pay through the gates to keep his payments to a minimum, not much to wards it but end of the day better than none

Sadly missing Saturday game as in London for wife big 60 bash,love to hear and see crowd reaction as he takes his seat

UTS
)
1) Gently applause for keeping the club going and managing to pay the players in these hard times.

2) Gratitude that we are not one the 24? league clubs that have gone out of the 92 at some stage since Ron took over at RH.....Some of them never to return.

3) Perhaps we will shout vile abuse about his family like some idiot did to one of our subs recently.

We could have a poll, it will be fun.

Well that's news to me? When has Ron Martin ever said Southend United is up for sale lock stock and Barrel? Maybe that was part of the Larson deal who knows? Everything about SUFC is so cloak and dagger. Ron had a history long before he became involved with us, his passion is this FF development that has a massive question mark hanging over it. We the paying fan have to swallow the few crumbs that we are dealt, and expected to turn up and be passionate!

Well that's news to me? When has Ron Martin ever said Southend United is up for sale lock stock and Barrel? Maybe that was part of the Larson deal who knows? Everything about SUFC is so cloak and dagger. Ron had a history long before he became involved with us, his passion is this FF development that has a massive question mark hanging over it. We the paying fan have to swallow the few crumbs that we are dealt, and expected to turn up and be passionate!

Ron took over with the Sainsburys plan already in place. They were going to own RH, they would fund the stadium....They pulled out......Why do so many of you have such difficulty with those facts?

Unless we admit that, then it makes any threads or the 1000's of Ron posts pointless.

)
1) Gently applause for keeping the club going and managing to pay the players in these hard times.

Not all as you well know, as you picked up on Ricey, many had loans to pay on Jan 1st so not all players paid

2) Gratitude that we are not one the 24? league clubs that have gone out of the 92 at some stage since Ron took over at RH.....Some of them never to return.

Yes I agree, but at what cost in the future, only one person knows that, hence his comments "The club relies on me "

3) Perhaps we will shout vile abuse about his family like some idiot did to one of our subs recently.

If you heard it, then you must have known where it came from, did you report it or wait till you come on the site to say you heard it

We could have a poll, it will be fun.

Ron took over with the Sainsburys plan already in place. They were going to own RH, they would fund the stadium....They pulled out......Why do so many of you have such difficulty with those facts?

Unless we admit that, then it makes any threads or the 1000's of Ron posts pointless.

Because, in his 20 years of tenure, it has become difficult, almost impossible, to separate facts from, let's say, "non-facts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back