• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s fairly clear that many fans see a chairman as someone whose job it is to bankroll their dreams and face torrents of abuse when times are tough.

It’s worth remembering that times are tough, because the chairman has green lit all those wonderfully lucrative contracts.

Let’s not forget here, Ron isn’t green or wet behind the ears when it comes to running businesses.

Are we supposed to believe that a man who has accounts in the Cayman Islands, can’t forecast his cashflow?

Last edited:
I don't know if its been mentioned but I know for a fact that staff have not been paid again today. There is a lot of talk of certain staff not turning up on Saturday.

I think a few of the players who were missed off have been paid but not all.

RM spouting rubbish yet again and his echo interview was a joke. Acting like he's doing us a favour.

I don't know if its been mentioned but I know for a fact that staff have not been paid again today. There is a lot of talk of certain staff not turning up on Saturday.

I think a few of the players who were missed off have been paid but not all.

RM spouting rubbish yet again and his echo interview was a joke. Acting like he's doing us a favour.
confused, what staff not paid? they are on a monthly payroll are they not? which has now been settled. Until the end of this month when it is due again

from one of the hardcore fans from twitter.
Ron has made us dependent on him by never engaging with potential investors. We have gone from a club with modest debt issues but owning a stadium and training ground to one with huge debts and no assets plus a severely tarnished professional and public image.

thats my point they get montly pay dont they and apparentyl its cleared.

I cant speak for everyone but I know a family member of mine that has been paid and he is one of those you just mentioned

Interesting, I've been told by someone also within those that I've mentioned who still hasn't been paid and apparently there are many others all also haven't and are taking about not turning up.

If stewards don't turn up will the match be postponed due to safety reasons? I would have though that they're contracted in?

think Southend employ them and are not contracted in, but they could contracted in for the game if the club knew they were not turning up

did Macclesfield get docked points i think for their game being cancelled

whilst i would understand why they wouldn't turn up, it would also adversely affect the chances of being paid if they are still owed the money. If they cannot sell tickets on match day, sell merch or get the game on then their would be even less cash flow. Catch 22 i guess

It’s worth remembering that times are tough, because the chairman has green lit all those wonderfully lucrative contracts.

Let’s not forget here, Ron isn’t green or wet behind the ears when it comes to running businesses.

Are we supposed to believe that a man who has accounts in the Cayman Islands, can’t forecast his cashflow?

I don't really think that's the issue. I'm sure he can forecast cashflow. The issue is that the club simply don't have the money, or the ability to save for a rainy day. It lives hand to mouth, day to day. If we had had a glut of home matches before this barren period the club would have been able to save for this period, but it didn't and therefore couldn't.

I'm also sure then when all these matches are eventually played (let's face it, at the end of the season all matches - minus Bury - will have been) RM will pay himself back, or the club will have a bit of a surplus that can be used to bankroll part of the summer period.

The issue for me is that RM should have tried to play some of the re-arranged games during this period to help alleviate the problem. What we don't know is if he did try that, and the other club refused.

The issues for me are twofold. Firstly, we need a Chief Exec (Ok, cost would be an issue) that would allow Ron to delegate the operational functions so that he can concentrate on the strategic issues, i.e. the stadium.

Secondly, after 20 years (or if you go back to Vic Jobson, after 35 years) we still don't have that new stadium to generate the off-field income we need, and that is mostly (if not completely) down to Ron.

)
1) Gently applause for keeping the club going and managing to pay the players in these hard times.

2) Gratitude that we are not one the 24? league clubs that have gone out of the 92 at some stage since Ron took over at RH.....Some of them never to return.

3) Perhaps we will shout vile abuse about his family like some idiot did to one of our subs recently.

We could have a poll, it will be fun.

So good to hear someone speaking sense on this subject. Be careful what you wish for!!

re arranged game dates have to be approved by both clubs and the EFL, They could not be scheduled between the 20th Dec and the 5th of January due to christmas fixtures and then maybe teams being in the 3rd round of the cup.

The Gillingham game is now home in February I think, I did think it would be this month but there must be an objection somewhere from one side.

Anyone know our actual wage budget per week by any chance? Would be interesting to know whilst taking into consideration the 200k per month. We could probably half that once the crap leave in the summer

3 times what it was under Tilly in the Championship....Which was on a par with the Wembley winning squad in 2015.

Last edited:
Few genuine questions mate;

1 - IIRC, Ron has said that the funds are in place to begin the building work. Where has this money come from?

2 - Why have at least 2 (possibly 3?) different groups backed away from working with Ron?

3 - Aside from running a football club, Ron is meant to be a property developer, so what other property has he actually developed?

According to Ron, he binned BL because they wanted to much money.....So no different to what any of us have done when getting a quote from a builder.

Developer takes a risk buying land, comes up with the plan and then hopefully gets it agreed by the council or government if necessary.......Then either sell it on.... Get a builder to do the building.....Or project manage it yourself with sub contractors and mange the sales yourself

I don't really think that's the issue. I'm sure he can forecast cashflow. The issue is that the club simply don't have the money, or the ability to save for a rainy day. It lives hand to mouth, day to day. If we had had a glut of home matches before this barren period the club would have been able to save for this period, but it didn't and therefore couldn't.

The problem of having rearranged games, as you mention, aren’t exactly an Act of God which unpredictably came out of the blue.

It’s football. Games get called off, or resecheduled every winter due to the weather and FA Cup. Everyone knows this, from the Chairman down to the tea lady.

But for a man who seems to know enough about business, to have offshore interests and holdings, it seems a little counterintuitive for that same man to be unable to forecast cashflow across a season, and certainly odd that he hasn’t taken the notoriously bad months into consideration.

If you’re suggesting that the day-to-day expenditure of the club is too high, then I’d have to refer you to the fact that we’re not the only business of Ron’s, which operates at a loss. In fact, I think you’d be hard pushed to find a business that he owns, that actually does make profit.

All I can say is that he was lucky to be able to afford that month-long Caribbean holiday last year, on top of his shiny Bentley & small mansion on the Benfleet Road. It’s a wonder he’s got any money left to personally pay the last months wages.

But sure, it’s a few games being rearranged, that have crippled us :ROFL:

According to Ron, he binned BL because they wanted to much money.....So no different to what any of us have done when getting a quote from a builder.

Developer takes a risk buying land, comes up with the plan and then hopefully gets it agreed by the council or government if necessary.......Then either sell it on.... Get a builder to do the building.....Or project manage it yourself with sub contractors and mange the sales yourself

Sure, we’d all have down the same... if indeed that is the case. Ron has always had a knack of being economical with the truth.

Has Ron bought any land recently? Or even been in the market for anything?

theres nothing snowflakery about being ****ed off for how the club is dying a slow death with no positives in sight.

its also not snowflakery to question a man who has put a wage budget 3x times what our championship squad cost in a bunch of mediocre players on long contracts which is crippling our club.

Are we supposed to believe that a man who has accounts in the Canvey Islands, can’t forecast his cashflow?

Edited to fit club cash flow :Smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back