• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
..which in part reflect the outcome of prior loan applications for example.
Okay so we're agreeing that applications for Credit are based on actual finances rather than Newspaper stories... So why wouldn't a player tell the press? Whether so&so told the press or not he still hasn't been paid.. Telling the press allows the player to stay anomynous (don't bite the hand that feeds you) whilst applying pressure for the owner to pay.

Don't know why people would doubt its Ron putting the money in- the clubs loans are all with Ron's companies- no external debt. Not sure who else we imagine is giving the club any money.

A third or more of league clubs have had winding up orders or gone into administration- football clubs do not make money whatever people may fantasize...

Don't know why people would doubt its Ron putting the money in- the clubs loans are all with Ron's companies- no external debt. Not sure who else we imagine is giving the club any money.

A third or more of league clubs have had winding up orders or gone into administration- football clubs do not make money whatever people may fantasize...

Who are all also millions in debt, it must be a magic money tree,

Okay so we're agreeing that applications for Credit are based on actual finances rather than Newspaper stories... So why wouldn't a player tell the press? Whether so&so told the press or not he still hasn't been paid.. Telling the press allows the player to stay anomynous (don't bite the hand that feeds you) whilst applying pressure for the owner to pay.

Footballers are a "high risk" profession. If you think lenders for any significant amount wouldn't do Those words are banned and notice the reported issues (including chairman admitting some cash flow issues on national radio) and it potentially resulting in an application being rejected that's fine. I just somewhat doubt it.

Anyhow personally I wouldn't want the whole world know I wasn't getting paid- that's just me.

Who are all also millions in debt, it must be a magic money tree,

Very true- although I think much of it secured on assets, much of it inter company. Point is the only source of "loans" the club has is Ron and his companies so there is no other benefactor (not saying that's not a worrying thing by the way- just that it is as it is)

Footballers are a "high risk" profession. If you think lenders for any significant amount wouldn't do Those words are banned and notice the reported issues (including chairman admitting some cash flow issues on national radio) and it potentially resulting in an application being rejected that fine. I just somewhat doubt it.

Anyhow personally I wouldn't want the whole world know I wasn't getting paid- that's just me.
That's fine. I don't think there is any shame in not being paid it's not the players fault and Ron should be held accountable. He cannot expect to not pay people on time and word not to get out.

I don't buy this. Prudent companies with a risk-based approach to cash flow should recognise when income can vary, and how to ensure the basics are paid. The club should have known at the start of the season/financial year what the worst case scenario is, how revenue should be split and how to ensure the season ticket sales are used effectively. There was money in the pot to sack Waddock/Bond/Todorov and appoint Sol/Cole/Hreidar. Why now are we in this mess? Because there's a lack of accountability at the top.

Easier said than done. It's bad luck that Bury were thrown out the league, and that that game was scheduled for the this time. However, we have had some games re-arranged for mid-week in Feb or March. Assuming we could get agreement, this should have been re-arranged for this time.

Like KB i wouldn't want people to know, But I agree with JL there is no shame as it isnt my fault. However I do think it is poor that (or so it seems0 it was leaked to the press, if it was just mix up with the system or whatever it is easily rectifiable. if it wasn't then saying who has been paid and who hasn't is simply not right, could cause more disharmony.

ANyway, none of us know the whole facts so its just opinion and some saying how the feel they would react in that situation.

No point getting too riled up about it

That's fine. I don't think there is any shame in not being paid it's not the players fault and Ron should be held accountable. He cannot expect to not pay people on time and word not to get out.

As to fault that's an interesting one (generally I very much agree with you)- if I were to be argumentative for the sake it, I could point out that if the performance of the players had not been so abject then perhaps the finances would be in a better state

That's an incredibly misleading stat without the context of within what timescale. Within 10 years perhaps, within last year absolutely nowhere near 33% - It looks a little like you are trying to imply Southend's position isn't that unusual, whereas in reality is very much is with so many winding-up orders and non-payment issues within the last couple of years

If his other companies don’t make a profit, then where does he get this money from, to put into the club? Ron isn’t wealthy.

I mean, it must be coming from somewhere. It doesn’t just appear in his bank account, right?

I know for a fact that he’s had bailouts in the past, although I don’t know if they ever ended up on any books?

HAHAH RON's statement.

'Just goes to show the club is totally reliant on me'

YES MATE THIS IS YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB YOUR DECISIONS YOUR MESS

HAHAH RON's statement.

'Just goes to show the club is totally reliant on me'

YES MATE THIS IS YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB YOUR DECISIONS YOUR MESS

I like this bit....

“I think it’s five or six (players).

“I’m not sure how many but it’s not an issue”

I think it is an issue for those players who have bills, mortgages or families that rely on that money.

That 'statement' is absolutely ridiculous.

No member of staff (including players) wants to hear how their salary is completely at the mercy of our chairman. No matter how true it might actually be.

No member of staff (including players) want to hear that non-payment of their wages (which has dragged on by over a week, during the most expensive period of the year for many) is 'not an issue'

I think often Ron gets some unfair flack, but he really doesn't help himself at times. I hope Sol makes it clear about the damage this could cause, as it seems that Ron will only really listen to Sol about this.

Really ****ed off about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back