• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think we should start a fresh.

Put the whole team up for transfer bar maybe a couple of the longer contracted and younger players, which we could invite offers for.

The club is struggling financially. We are going down regardless and it makes sense to bring in players on lesser wages that won't break the bank in league 2. Sol knows that league and can bring in players he actually wants instead of these overpaid mercenaries.

What did he say.

We will stay up
No monies owed
Stadium making progress
Bla bla bla

“I couldn’t get the paperwork together in time to get it transferred until the lawyers returned yesterday.

“They’re being paid today.

“I think it’s five or six (players).

“I’m not sure how many but it’s not an issue.

“It just goes to show the club are totally reliant on me.

"If I’d had earlier notice I’d have been able to deal with it sooner."

Accountant not involved in payments then ??? Most lawyers were back on the 2nd but Teflon manages to find one that has a extended holiday - wasn't holiday the reason that SUFC didn't sort the manager problem earlier in the season ??

Putting pressure on certain players so they leave maybe?

That had occurred to me.... but as far as I’m aware, the senior players have beeen paid.
No real value in withholding money from those members of staff who will be on low wages*

I say low wages, obviously in the context of football. They probably still outearn us normal folk, by a country mile, but you get the gist of it

That is the biggest load of horse**** I have read from RM in ages.

So he knows nothing about the wages and when they are paid/due and its no big deal. It's all somebody else's fault even though he stated he was now doing the CEO's job as we didn't need one.

Obvious caveat about it being the Daily Mail but if the media didn't run this story, would anything get done about it and also our wider fan base would be none the wiser.

Personally I welcome media involvement in this. Ron needs to be held to account.

I think it would probably be more productive for the club if the media involvement wasn't during the January transfer window when we are trying to attract new players in.

We're cashstrapped because we're not selling enough tickets. The way to sell some more tickets would be (a) sign some new players or (b) win some games and to do (b) we'll probably need to sign some new players.

I don't believe this story being run will hold Ron to account and I don't think it will have made any difference to the timing of the wages being paid whatsoever. At most it provides an excuse for underperforming players.

That's an incredibly misleading stat without the context of within what timescale. Within 10 years perhaps, within last year absolutely nowhere near 33% - It looks a little like you are trying to imply Southend's position isn't that unusual, whereas in reality is very much is with so many winding-up orders and non-payment issues within the last couple of years

Since the summer of 2017 (so in the past 2-and-a-half years) 16 clubs in the EFL have faced a winding-up petition (roughly 20%):
Bolton Wanderers, Bury, Carlisle United, Crawley Town, Gillingham, Ipswich Town, Leyton Orient, Macclesfield Town, Middlesbrough, Morecambe, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Southend United and Tranmere Rovers

Of those, 11 have been served with multiple winding-up petitions (so roughly 14% of all EFL clubs).

Since the summer of 2017 (so in the past 2-and-a-half years) 16 clubs in the EFL have faced a winding-up petition (roughly 20%):
Bolton Wanderers, Bury, Carlisle United, Crawley Town, Gillingham, Ipswich Town, Leyton Orient, Macclesfield Town, Middlesbrough, Morecambe, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Southend United and Tranmere Rovers

Of those, 11 have been served with multiple winding-up petitions (so roughly 14% of all EFL clubs).

Quite- and further some historical context a total of 18 clubs from the 87 to play in the Football League between 2007-08 and 2011-12 faced either a winding-up petition (12) or went into administration (12). Five faced both. So its getting worse and not better.

If we added the clubs that are serially and seriously losing money but have Chairmen with bigger pockets than Ron the picture looks bleaker still.

Personally think we should start a fresh.

Put the whole team up for transfer bar maybe a couple of the longer contracted and younger players, which we could invite offers for.

The club is struggling financially. We are going down regardless and it makes sense to bring in players on lesser wages that won't break the bank in league 2. Sol knows that league and can bring in players he actually wants instead of these overpaid mercenaries.

End of season most we would want rid of are out of contract anyway I think- so the opportunity presents itself in 5 months or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back