• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like us losing to Dover has really had a huge affect on things, certainly cash flow.

It's hard not to say these players don't deserve it really but ultimately its only the fans that suffer. Managers/Players etc just move on but we're here for the long haul and actually give a damn.

Looks like us losing to Dover has really had a huge affect on things, certainly cash flow.

It's hard not to say these players don't deserve it really but ultimately its only the fans that suffer. Managers/Players etc just move on but we're here for the long haul and actually give a damn.
That and the fact we have only had 3 home league games since the beginning of November

That and the fact we have only had 3 home league games since the beginning of November

I don't buy this. Prudent companies with a risk-based approach to cash flow should recognise when income can vary, and how to ensure the basics are paid. The club should have known at the start of the season/financial year what the worst case scenario is, how revenue should be split and how to ensure the season ticket sales are used effectively. There was money in the pot to sack Waddock/Bond/Todorov and appoint Sol/Cole/Hreidar. Why now are we in this mess? Because there's a lack of accountability at the top.

I don't buy this. Prudent companies with a risk-based approach to cash flow should recognise when income can vary, and how to ensure the basics are paid. The club should have known at the start of the season/financial year what the worst case scenario is, how revenue should be split and how to ensure the season ticket sales are used effectively. There was money in the pot to sack Waddock/Bond/Todorov and appoint Sol/Cole/Hreidar. Why now are we in this mess? Because there's a lack of accountability at the top.

I agree but the fact remains what I have said would impact cash flow, thats all I was pointing out.

Napster you hit the nail on the head with sacking of Powell, Bond, Waddock and in RM words the appointment of Campbell and his crew at a pretty price not hard to guess why we are in a crisis

Also any business let alone Football Club that doesn’t have contingency plans to save guard their income/cash flow are asking for trouble.

Yes not going beyond 1st round is unfortunate but isn’t that par for the course ( and there was also the TV money). Actually given we are in deep mid Winter we are fortunate that we have not had bad weather postponements - again this should be prepared for. We can’t blame lack of home games, we can though blame lack of contingency planning.

I'm starting to wonder now if we should've stuck with Waddock, how worse off would we be? After all .. he's overseen our only league win so far this season. If this was to be a season of transition and clearing out the deadwood, Waddock ticked all the boxes for 'experienced lower league manager'. Yes, we'd have gone down but it looks like we are going down anyway and what price Ron's pursuit of Larsson and then Campbell? It'll all have to be looked at when the dust settles surely - it's beyond belief really, that we took on the likes of Milligan and Ridgewell in the summer - signings that should never have been rubber stamped by Martin in the first place. On top of the shambles of the training methods, lack of team spirit, poor fitness, lack of long term planning ..... it really is no wonder we are in the s**t

There was money in the pot to sack Waddock/Bond/Todorov and appoint Sol/Cole/Hreidar. Why now are we in this mess? Because there's a lack of accountability at the top.

Excellent point, and one that’s been largely overlooked so far.

Two points I wanted to make in addition;

1 - Ron should have had his house in order, by the end of May last year. He didn’t.

Unfortunately he had been blagged by Harry Redknapp, into giving good ol’ Bondy the job part-time, and - I believe - acted on emotion, rather than logic, in rewarding him with the job, full-time.

That was always going to end in disaster.

**** me, even the geezer who comes on here once a year, solely to masturbate over the new kits, predicted that Bond was on a hiding to nothing, and we’d be firm relegation favourites.

2 - Some people have already started to draw their swords, and point them in Campbell’s direction. As if sacking him will suddenly change everything. Like we don’t have serious internal, aswell as external, problems.

Nah, forget all that, just sack him, Cole & HH, and get in Adam Barratt, or someone else. Anyone else.

What financial problems? We can afford it.

How could SUFC plan for a financial year or even a season with total safety. Every club right down to the essex intermediate level are always taking risk because that is the nature of football.

We have had 5 mangers since March. Even when things started to go wrong the fans still wanted Bond then Wad and Tod sacked. Ron was slagged for not acting fast enough and spending the dollar. Some have called for 20 + players to be paid off or even Sol to be sacked.

Cup games and no Bury etc means we would always have to plan for relegation to be safe. Which after our finish last season maybe thats what Ron should have done......I can just imagine the melt down on here if that was Ron's "mission' statement.

You need to go back further mate, the pitchfork brigade who wanted Brown out, that’s our downfall

Respectfully, that’s a little disingenuous.

It was a case of Brown out, or 6-7 players, out.

Forget the fans and their opinions, as they’re irrelevant in the grand scheme of what actually happened back then.

Ron knew the score at the time, and did the only thing he could do.

And let’s face it, no chairman is sacking 6-7 players (fans favourites, no less) midway through a season, when they’ve all got several years running on their lucrative contracts.

It's too late to sack Campbell and we can't afford to. I actually think Campbell is/will be a decent manager but he's inherited an absolute crock of s**t .. you're right GBJ (and Blueronron) above with the fact that this pre-dates Bond and even goes as far back as Brown - I don't want to keep banging on about that though as we are here and now. I do think Brown should've gone but should Ron also have given him more backing? Yes. Were there problems then that Ron should've fully dealt with? Yes.

There have been a succession of errors that have all led to where we are and Ron must be booting himself in the nuts with some of the decisions that have been made in the last 2 years. Recruitment of players and discipline has been shocking. Don't even get me started on the appointment of Bond, Ron's statements or the FF fiasco and the rubbish he expects us to lap up on a weekly basis.

Napster you hit the nail on the head with sacking of Powell, Bond, Waddock and in RM words the appointment of Campbell and his crew at a pretty price not hard to guess why we are in a crisis

How can sacking managers be affecting our cash flow if we aren’t actually paying them the money they are owed? Last I heard (admittedly in October), Chris Powell was still fighting for his severance pay.

Campbell is the last person anyone should be calling for to be sacked. He's only been here 5 minutes and he's walked into a total mess both on and off the field. I suspect it's far worse than he expected, hence why the '5 or 6 new players in January' has turned into 'my hands are tied, I'll see if I can get one or two in via loans.' The person to blame for all this is Ron Martin. he never replaced the last CEO, he employed Roger Cross ('head of recruitment' or whatever he's called), he's sanctioned all the buys & sells over the past couple of years, he made the disastrous appointment of Bond/Waddock he pulls all the strings financially, plays brinkmanship with HMRC every month, can't pay players/staff/suppliers on time, has bet the farm on Fossetts and taken 15+ years on it . Buck stops with him. I'm really surprised we don't hear more criticism of him from fans at games, he's not the messiah, he's the big part of the problem.

You need to go back further mate, the pitchfork brigade who wanted Brown out, that’s our downfall

Sorry but the time was right for Brown to go. The toxic atmosphere in the camp dates back to his tenure. I was on here back then saying what I’d heard about the split in the dressing room and the clique that had formed but I just got shouted down. What we see now, 3 years later, is the result of the failure/inability to address the root of the issues over 3 years ago. Brown has to shoulder some of the blame for that after assembling a bad mix of characters and personalities but he also did what he could considering the difficulty in getting targets to come here given the Chairman’s shocking reputation in the game. Ultimately, he lost the dressing room (not entirely his own fault) and as others have said. the choice was sack him or sack 6-7 players. Ron had little choice.

Instagram Darling.

And anyway why would any player be annoyed at the public sharing information that they haven't been paid. There is no shame in not being paid.. They probably want the public to know to shame their employer and raise pressure for them to pay their owed money? They won't do it obviously as they wouldn't want to pee off the employer but public sharing it is probably exactly what they would want to happen.

Players are real people who take out and want to take loans, mortgages, have credit ratings etc- so at L1level I suspect most with something between their ears would NOT want it public and want it sorted through the PFA & Club.

Players are real people who take out and want to take loans, mortgages, have credit ratings etc- so at L1level I suspect most with something between their ears would NOT want it public and want it sorted through the PFA & Club.
I don't work in credit rating agencies but I'm sure Credit Files are not built upon what is read in the Newspapers more their actual finances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back