• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've not been paid, it's for me to decide how to deal with that, not for you.

Fair point, but if you didn’t want it to be public knowledge, you probably wouldn’t post it on your social media account.

The story here isn't that the wages are late - that seems to have been a regular occurrence over the last few years. The story here is that someone has leaked it to the national media. Previously when wages were late we'd hear mutterings, maybe Chris Phillips would run a story but instead someone has leaked it to the Mail, a newspaper not known for breaking stories about us in recent years.

Is that Sol's paper of choice? The last national interview I saw with him was with the Gruaniad but he's a known Tory who will have links to the national media from his playing days.

Matt Hughes as well, the chief sports reporter, not some lower league journo.

Fair point, but if you didn’t want it to be public knowledge, you probably wouldn’t post it on your social media account.
I think you both have fair points.

My only question is why would you put it on social media, if I were the employer I wouldn't want in brandished around, even if it had been leaked into the press. I as the employer would be apologising to those affected and making right (rumours are Ron has made right, doesn't make it right in the first place, hopefully it was just an admin blip). Then afterr that I would be trying to find out who leaked the information, and speaking to anyone (not disciplining) who had then given further details on Social media or other media.

If it was an admin blip, why would Ron dig into his wallet? Sounds a bit suss to me.
thats why i said hopefully, and maybe hopefully it was for the others and the remaining players the cash flow issues Ron mentioned on TS today meant he covered those himself.

Im just hoping all is ok obviously lol

I think you both have fair points.

My only question is why would you put it on social media, if I were the employer I wouldn't want in brandished around, even if it had been leaked into the press. I as the employer would be apologising to those affected and making right (rumours are Ron has made right, doesn't make it right in the first place, hopefully it was just an admin blip). Then afterr that I would be trying to find out who leaked the information, and speaking to anyone (not disciplining) who had then given further details on Social media or other media.

Agree. If I put something out on social media, which could be classed as disparaging about my employer, I’d certainly wind in the firing line.

More to it perhaps?

A come-and-get-me plea, or a farewell & **** you, to Ron, perhaps?

More tension than an episode of Hollyoaks around here atm.

The story here isn't that the wages are late - that seems to have been a regular occurrence over the last few years. The story here is that someone has leaked it to the national media. Previously when wages were late we'd hear mutterings, maybe Chris Phillips would run a story but instead someone has leaked it to the Mail, a newspaper not known for breaking stories about us in recent years.

Is that Sol's paper of choice? The last national interview I saw with him was with the Gruaniad but he's a known Tory who will have links to the national media from his playing days.

Obviously Guilty then. Only a Tory would leak information to the mail. Lets start an anti Sol campaign immediately.

Someone in the club has a contact at the Daily Mail.

They were first to report Ethan Hamilton interest ..(before Sol arrived)

They was ITK about Larsson

They broke news of our interest in Macc player Osunlade

Now they know about this.

It’s... Rebekah Vardy’s account

If it predates Sol that seems to rule him out as the mole. It won't be the Chief Executive as we don't have one. I can't imagine Ron would be leaking that he hadn't paid the wages. We need a full Gareth Keenan investigates!

If it predates Sol that seems to rule him out as the mole. It won't be the Chief Executive as we don't have one. I can't imagine Ron would be leaking that he hadn't paid the wages. We need a full Gareth Keenan investigates!

Removed.

Last edited:
2 games unbeaten. its worth a tenner at 25 to 1. I firmly believe we can stay up, Oh, i smoke Marlboro lights if thats ok with you?

I put a fair bit on "Southend to stay up" in November; it's a small market with only three betting firms offering a price as far as I can see, two of which are the same company. I got between 9/2 and 13/2. I haven't been tempted since as I fear it's proving a very tough task but I've not given up hope. I don't smoke but I like a few Irish whiskeys of an evening.
In Sol I trust.

Obvious caveat about it being the Daily Mail but if the media didn't run this story, would anything get done about it and also our wider fan base would be none the wiser.

Personally I welcome media involvement in this. Ron needs to be held to account.

Obvious caveat about it being the Daily Mail but if the media didn't run this story, would anything get done about it and also our wider fan base would be none the wiser.

Personally I welcome media involvement in this. Ron needs to be held to account.

It’s obvious the Mail follow Shrimperzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back