• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we actually know- the Daily Mail says seven not paid (so we can with near certainty rule out that it is seven that have not been paid). Beyond that not a lot.

Lets just hope like HMRC it's sorted quickly- but to be fair (and I know this is strictly verboten, completely unacceptable, if we were in charge it would be totally different etc.) the complete lack of home fixtures for an extended period will have been an unforecast cash flow nightmare. The flip side is those games still get played accepting some gates affected- so once we get to Feb matters should improve.

Ron as always cant win- slaughtered if he doesn't spend on players, slaughtered if he does. He has always supported managers financially- probably excessively for our income- because he wants success on the pitch- this at the same time is currently his downfall.

Hence, if I were him my focus would be getting as much deadwood as we can out in Jan rather than focus on new signings (other than a LB and loans that are financially modest). We may have to hope the players we have who got us into this mess get us out. There are signs Sol is starting to get more out of them.

It is exceptionally good news that so many are out of contract at the end of the season. A perfect opportunity to rebuild and reset.

It is, of course, disgraceful and selfish in the extreme that Ron fails to be a billionaire, and continues to only pump £1-2m of his own money into the club annually.

Thought this was the key paragragh in the Dail Fail article:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-time-SEVEN-players-awaiting-wages-week.html

Southend have reassured the PFA that salaries will be paid later this week, but there is concern at the players' union and the EFL about the way the club — facing relegation from League One after a miserable season — is being run.

They forgot amongst the supporters too. :Cry:

Not as much concern as there is amongst the clubs about how the EFL is being run I suspect..

Ron just gave a brief interview on TalkSport he admitted the club has cash flow problems and he has today paid players out of his own pocket.

Ron for all his faults has put a vast amount of his own money into the club. Can’t see that there would be anyone mad enough to buy the club. Options will be for Ron to carry on putting his own money into the club or administration.

It is, of course, disgraceful and selfish in the extreme that Ron fails to be a billionaire, and continues to only pump £1-2m of his own money into the club annually.

You think Ron is putting his own money into this club?

And people on here still defend the chairman and think he is the right man to run the club and take it forward. The man is a disgrace.

Ron just gave a brief interview on TalkSport he admitted the club has cash flow problems and he has today paid players out of his own pocket.

Ron for all his faults has put a vast amount of his own money into the club. Can’t see that there would be anyone mad enough to buy the club. Options will be for Ron to carry on putting his own money into the club or administration.

Ron has said all this tripe before.

Did TB ever get his money back @Cricko?

Just another episode in the long-running SUFC sitcom.

Sadly, I think the end is nigh though. Once you start repeating storylines, you’re effectively on your last legs.

Unfortunately I feel exactly the same, after my whole life of loving our Club, the end game is approaching. I hope and pray I am wrong.

Here we go again.

I think it's time Ron sold up. Getting fed up with this great club spiralling out of control.

Many thanks for all you've done Ron, but i'm afraid your dream of Championship football in a 20k seater stadium just isn't going to happen.

Who on earth do you suggest he sells to? Come on, provide one credible option.

My take:

• If I have worked it correctly, since the 27th October we have had the grand total of 3 home games
  • By the weekend that will be 11 weeks with only 3 home games
  • Cashflow is seriously tight
  • When the players (and other staff) have been paid we will then have HMRC to deal with
  • We will technically be in a transfer embargo
  • We have (I think) 28 days to notify the Football League that we haven't paid HMRC
  • We therefore don't have to report ourselves to the Football League until around the time the transfer window shuts
  • An embargo will not be the reason we don't sign players
  • Availability and affordability will be the reasons we don't sign anyone (good)

You can prove anything with facts. :)

Be interesting if the seven unpaid start Saturday, I will keep a close eye on line up

How do you know who they are?

How long before sol isnt paid and the winding up starts :Think:

Yawn. He will continue to be paid.

Can anyone who thinks we have the slightest chance of staying in league 1 please pass me whatever they are smoking, cheers.

2 games unbeaten. its worth a tenner at 25 to 1. I firmly believe we can stay up, Oh, i smoke Marlboro lights if thats ok with you?

Would Ridgewell notice if we didn't pay him?

Another asute,well ressoned and dare i say not funny post by your good self. Of course he ****ing would.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-time-SEVEN-players-awaiting-wages-week.html

Southend have reassured the PFA that salaries will be paid later this week, but there is concern at the players' union and the EFL about the way the club — facing relegation from League One after a miserable season — is being run.

The Daily Mail. The bastion of journalism.

Charlie Kelman is one of those not paid.

and i bet he loves you for broadcasting this on the internet.

You think Ron is putting his own money into this club?

Naturally.

And people on here still defend the chairman and think he is the right man to run the club and take it forward. The man is a disgrace.

We have had hardly any home games for weeks. Hes paid them out of his pocket im not sure what else he could have done?

Just another episode in the long-running SUFC sitcom.

Sadly, I think the end is nigh though. Once you start repeating storylines, you’re effectively on your last legs.

this is the game on of sitcoms. The best ever and will never die.

Stick to the Guardian.......Though i have always thought you could be a closet Mail reader

Instagram Darling.

And anyway why would any player be annoyed at the public sharing information that they haven't been paid. There is no shame in not being paid.. They probably want the public to know to shame their employer and raise pressure for them to pay their owed money? They won't do it obviously as they wouldn't want to pee off the employer but public sharing it is probably exactly what they would want to happen.

Now in the Daily Mail

The story here isn't that the wages are late - that seems to have been a regular occurrence over the last few years. The story here is that someone has leaked it to the national media. Previously when wages were late we'd hear mutterings, maybe Chris Phillips would run a story but instead someone has leaked it to the Mail, a newspaper not known for breaking stories about us in recent years.

Is that Sol's paper of choice? The last national interview I saw with him was with the Gruaniad but he's a known Tory who will have links to the national media from his playing days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back