• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time Ron sold up. Getting fed up with this great club spiralling out of control.

Many thanks for all you've done Ron, but i'm afraid your dream of Championship football in a 20k seater stadium just isn't going to happen.

I think it's time Ron sold up. Getting fed up with this great club spiralling out of control.

Many thanks for all you've done Ron, but i'm afraid your dream of Championship football in a 20k seater stadium just isn't going to happen.
It’s very easy to say ‘It’s time for Ron to sell up’ in the fantasy land of consortiums of ex top European footballers queuing up to buy us and take us to the Premier League with their millions.

Back in the real world, who on earth do you think A) Wants to buy the club? And B) Is willing to endlessly pump money into it at a massive loss with no profit or gain likely to come from it in the foreseeable future.

If Ron walks and there is no suitable replacement to step in (which I’m not sure there would be), the club is finished.

This news will be attracting the so called new signings/loanees by the bucketload.

My take:

• If I have worked it correctly, since the 27th October we have had the grand total of 3 home games
  • By the weekend that will be 11 weeks with only 3 home games
  • Cashflow is seriously tight
  • When the players (and other staff) have been paid we will then have HMRC to deal with
  • We will technically be in a transfer embargo
  • We have (I think) 28 days to notify the Football League that we haven't paid HMRC
  • We therefore don't have to report ourselves to the Football League until around the time the transfer window shuts
  • An embargo will not be the reason we don't sign players
  • Availability and affordability will be the reasons we don't sign anyone (good)

Last edited:
Be interesting if the seven unpaid start Saturday, I will keep a close eye on line up
According to the Mail:

To compound the situation, it is understood Southend have withheld the wages of several players who are injured, as well as a number in the youth team, while the majority of first-team regulars and boss Sol Campbell were paid on time.

You clearly have some inside info so will know if that’s accurate or not, but if it’s injured players then I’d imagine that could include Hyam, Ralph, Shaughnessy. Can’t imagine the youth players are on big wages that it should be such an issue.

Whole situation is embarrassing, can’t be many clubs this poorly run in the EFL.

All extremely sad if I’m honest, I’m past anger it’s more just genuine sadness that we ( our generation) may never realistically see the club as a stable professional responsible asset to the borough of Southend, all due to one mans irrational dreams. This all sounds to much like Groundhog Day from 10 years ago or so when it all started to go wrong ... form horrendous, fans and players against each other ,big soleless signings ,players not being paid .. why oh who oh why did we never really learn ( not just Martin, but us as a unit) we are a small club and we should have stayed humble and together , we’ve tried to chase something without a genuine football man to drive or direct us, and now this is what’s left of Southend United, I genuinely think we are a million miles away from a new dream under Martin, and the demise of this great club will come sooner than any approval ... all very sad ☹️

According to the Mail:

To compound the situation, it is understood Southend have withheld the wages of several players who are injured, as well as a number in the youth team, while the majority of first-team regulars and boss Sol Campbell were paid on time.

You clearly have some inside info so will know if that’s accurate or not, but if it’s injured players then I’d imagine that could include Hyam, Ralph, Shaughnessy. Can’t imagine the youth players are on big wages that it should be such an issue.

Whole situation is embarrassing, can’t be many clubs this poorly run in the EFL.
Those players you mention have been paid in full

The PFA will step in to help the players, I'm more concerned about the other members of staff who, apparently, have not been paid.

We've not been helped at all here by the fixture changes either. Gillingham is usually a well supported match and now it won't achieve anywhere near as much financially.

Those players you mention have been paid in full
Really? Well, I am certainly surprised about one of those.

Its not just injured and youth. It includes a couple who will start on Saturday and a couple who will be on the bench......So no set pattern and not to do with who earns what.

So you lot had better get down to RH and get some Tranmere tickets becausee obviously there is no home game on the 24th v Bury.....Which makes it difficult to sign those 8 players that are good enough to win 12 games and keep us in L1.

Anyone changed their invest now vote?

Can anyone who thinks we have the slightest chance of staying in league 1 please pass me whatever they are smoking, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back