• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

How bout another laughable bull sh it statement from Ron about , make no mistake, this is a good talented set of players and we will not go down.....my sides are splitting and he sounds so convincing ?

I certainly wouldn’t buy a gold chain from Ron. “It’s top quality mate, honest” .. falls apart in your hands as soon as he’s swanned off

How bout another laughable bull sh it statement from Ron about , make no mistake, this is a good talented set of players and we will not go down.....my sides are splitting and he sounds so convincing ?

Yes but that is the correct thing to say in the situation? If you are in sales, for example, and you are way behind target the boss doesn't say "you're all completely useless, there is absolutely no way you are going to do the numbers, I have written of the month/year already"

You say "look you are all great salespeople and I am sure if we all pull together, up our workmate and stay positive we can make this happen? You have my support"

He is not going to give them the perfect excuse to fail?

I think Ron Martin will find the stewards money, and the game will go on, he can't afford this game to not go on. I think the players will not go on strike just yet. Players normally strike after quite a few weeks or months of not being paid. Shame on them if they're even thinking about it at this early stage. All we can do as fans is keep turning up, and give the players and staff our support and encouragement. We've been here before, and we might be here again. Staying away will not help our club survive.

from what I am hearing, the players do not like Campbell at all.. (my personal opinion is Good, the way they treated previous managers that they did like which was damn well disgusting, my days of caring whether the players like their manager or not have long gone)

They also didn't like the dismissive response from Campbell when approached by the senior players (nice to see a senior pro stepping up at last) hence the Powell comment, which I have heard did get a serious reaction out of Campbell

Which then makes me think this...

Ron has said to Sol, look we are ****ed, these lack of games have made things really difficult for us to carry out the plan of bringing in a new conveyor belt of players in as we had planned, we are going to need some serious movement from some of the squad members before i'll have some funds to offer signing on insensitive and the increase in monthly salaries, if you can get rid of keirnan Cox and Oxley you've then got room for 6 or 7 incomers alone, just off the back of their salaries.

Sol says to Ron, they are not budging, their agents aren't being proactive as they know they will get better deals at the end of the year, the players are happy to just see out their contracts as they know they wont get the same money again

Ron then says, ok Sol, leave it to me ... the 6-7 he doesn't want anymore, he uses his old tactic that suited him so well previously, Ill just knock em... lets see how long they want to stay at a club for that doesnt pay em (sure i'll have to pay them eventually, but they can join the queue of the long list of creditors I already have)

its a waiting game, who will break first, the players or Ron? (hence campbells change of heart in the press, saying his hands are tied he doesn't know if he will get 1, none or 6?? because he genuinely doesn't know, )

so the player now says, ok I will stick this out on no pay, big costly court case, and potentially never get it all back, or I will bit the hand off of any club that comes in for me and cut my losses. some money is better than no money...

or another scenario is the player says ok, mr Chairman, you are now in breach of contract Im off... and ron cries crocodile tears and says please don't go, ill resolve all this soon I promise...

My personal opinion is very genuine and I couldn't give two hoots whether you agree or not, and that its this
the players basically went on strike when they decided they didnt like Brown, then Powell and then Bond, I think they have a lot to answer for in relation to the dire position, no cup games no bigger attendances.. a lot sits with them and their mentality that they as a collective will play God with the club, I believe their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost right now. is that legally right? of course not.. morally is it right? of course not.... do I care how they feel? No i dont...

do I care for the local coaches, back of house staff, matchday staff etc? Absolutely of course I do, My personal opinion they are the real employees of Southend Unites , people who genuinely care, people who live in the town.. I would happily make a donation to their salaries if the trust considered this an avenue forward?

from what I am hearing, the players do not like Campbell at all.. (my personal opinion is Good, the way they treated previous managers that they did like which was damn well disgusting, my days of caring whether the players like their manager or not have long gone)

They also didn't like the dismissive response from Campbell when approached by the senior players (nice to see a senior pro stepping up at last) hence the Powell comment, which I have heard did get a serious reaction out of Campbell

Ron has said to Sol, look we are ****ed, these lack of games have made things really difficult for us to carry out the plan of bringing in a new conveyor belt of players in as we had planned, we are going to need some serious movement from some of the squad members before i'll have some funds to offer signing on insensitive and the increase in monthly salaries, if you can get rid of keirnan Cox and Oxley you've then got room for 6 or 7 incomers alone, just off the back of their salaries.

Sol says to Ron, they are not budging, their agents aren't being proactive as they know they will get better deals at the end of the year, the players are happy to just see out their contracts as they know they wont get the same money again

Ron then says, ok Sol, leave it to me ... the 6-7 he doesn't want anymore, he uses his old tactic that suited him so well previously, Ill just knock em... lets see how long they want to stay at a club for that doesnt pay em (sure i'll have to pay them eventually, but they can join the queue of the long list of creditors I already have)

its a waiting game, who will break first, the players or Ron? (hence campbells change of heart in the press, saying his hands are tied he doesn't know if he will get 1, none or 6?? because he genuinely doesn't know, )

so the player now says, ok I will stick this out on no pay, big costly court case, and potentially never get it all back, or I will bit the hand off of any club that comes in for me and cut my losses. some money is better than no money...

or another scenario is the player says ok, mr Chairman, you are now in breach of contract Im off... and ron cries crocodile tears and says please don't go, ill resolve all this soon I promise...

My personal opinion is very genuine and I couldn't give two hoots whether you agree or not, and that its this
the players basically went on strike when they decided they didnt like Brown, then Powell and then Bond, I think they have a lot to answer for in relation to the dire position, no cup games no bigger attendances.. a lot sits with them and their mentality that they as a collective will play God with the club, I believe their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost right now. is that legally right? of course not.. morally is it right? of course not.... do I care how they feel? No i dont...

do I care for the local coaches, back of house staff, matchday staff etc? Absolutely of course I do, My personal opinion they are the real employees of Southend Unites , people who genuinely care, people who live in the town.. I would happily make a donation to their salaries if the trust considered this an avenue forward?

Nail on head mate.

Why do you think the Trust has "amassed" funds in preparation over 10 years? That's not the purpose of the Trust. The "fighting funds" from the previous campaign are still earmarked within the accounts, but we've certainly not raised dedicated funds for it since.

Out of pure interest Kay, are The Trust trying to get a meeting with RM?

I'm not suggesting for 1 second it would gain anything as he would only tell you what he wants you to hear as per normal or the usual " I can't say due to sensitive information".

Yes- and Sol is the perfect manager to rebuild. And I suspect is more capable of those that came before of putting things right, Suspect we will see less marquee big time players and more good lower league player with potential, with the right attitude, who he believes he can take to the next level. he has also proved he is very will to give are own homegrown talent our support. If there is one person who deserves are loud and vocal support at this time it's Sol.

Yes- and Sol is the perfect manager to rebuild. And I suspect is more capable of those that came before of putting things right, Suspect we will see less marquee big time players and more good lower league player with potential, with the right attitude, who he believes he can take to the next level. he has also proved he is very will to give are own homegrown talent our support. If there is one person who deserves are loud and vocal support at this time it's Sol.

Yup absolutely - when a team is struggling for results, you normally call for the manager, but right now, I'd take Sol staying for next season over keeping pretty much any one of the rag-tag bunch of losers we have that take to the field each week.

I can't wait to see a change of direction for the club under Sol. Hopefully this summer will mark the end of the era of gambling on high-earning, ageing big names in a bid to reach the Championship (we are still paying dearly for 2016-18), and will see the dawn of signing more modest, younger players willing to play for the badge on their shirt and keen to advance in the game. Clear the decks, slash the wage bill and start living within our means (or as close as we can to that while still remaining competitive in League Two). We will be one of the bigger clubs at that level and there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to still put together a decent squad while not overpaying people.

We might have to put up with a couple of mid-table League Two finishes, and that will be a bit rubbish but it's better than having no club at all.

The good thing about this season is it puts virtually every other poor or mediocre season we have had into perspective. Surely we can't ever have a year like this again?

I'm not sure if I am guilty of blind optimism here but I do think the fact that this bunch of players are so disliked by the fans means Sol will get a lot of support next season if we field a hardworking side that work for each other, even if the ability of some isn't the best. If Sol can bring in the personnel to buy into his footballing philosophy then we should have a team better than the sum of its parts. We are relegated so even if we just off load a few players this window progress is being made

Having spoken to one of the players (who has been paid this morning). The comment about 'Chris Powell would of stuck up for us is a lie'.

Also Sol has zero man management skills. 3 x players (who I would say are influential in the squad, long term, senior members) have not had any form of direct chat with Sol.

There have been no 1 to 1 meetings, he has tried to put a regime in place that means there is no self policing in the squad and most of the players also don't get the Dieng being skipper and also playing centre back.

Its not just the 7 first team players (3 of whom have been playing week in week out) but also the U23s and the youth side.

RM will do his usual, pay at the last minute, go on TalkSport say there is no issue... etc.

I sadly don't think Sol is the guy for the job. I did not before hand. I personally felt we needed someone with passion for the club. Someone who would of felt the pain of what the fans are going through with what we watch week in week out.

Yup absolutely - when a team is struggling for results, you normally call for the manager, but right now, I'd take Sol staying for next season over keeping pretty much any one of the rag-tag bunch of losers we have that take to the field each week.

Absolutely. i think it is quite evident (or so it seems), that the players are quite used to having no respect for their own manager.
With a new set of players in, they would hopefully have some respect and listen to their boss from the outset and then the club as a whole can rebuild.

Just hope we can get to that point.

Having spoken to one of the players (who has been paid this morning). The comment about 'Chris Powell would of stuck up for us is a lie'.

Also Sol has zero man management skills. 3 x players (who I would say are influential in the squad, long term, senior members) have not had any form of direct chat with Sol.

There have been no 1 to 1 meetings, he has tried to put a regime in place that means there is no self policing in the squad and most of the players also don't get the Dieng being skipper and also playing centre back.

Its not just the 7 first team players (3 of whom have been playing week in week out) but also the U23s and the youth side.

RM will do his usual, pay at the last minute, go on TalkSport say there is no issue... etc.

I sadly don't think Sol is the guy for the job. I did not before hand. I personally felt we needed someone with passion for the club. Someone who would of felt the pain of what the fans are going through with what we watch week in week out.
CP had a passion for the club

I do hear your points completely but you would hope that Sol has some kind of idea how to run a squad/team. He was of course part of some very succesful teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back