• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much even- its that a professional footballer doesn't get how a CB- yes a CB- can be captain? surely he didn't say that. Surely its not as petty as they are not a defender and it should be someone in their position (i.e. them)? Surely not.

I took @SWF-Blue statement to mean that they weren’t happy with Dieng being Captain, OR playing CB.

Which IMO, highlights the problems within this squad. Too much player-power, and it’s gone on for too long.

I took @SWF-Blue statement to mean that they weren’t happy with Dieng being Captain, OR playing CB.

Which IMO, highlights the problems within this squad. Too much player-power, and it’s gone on for too long.
Player power, its ridiculous these days, ever since the Bosman case, power has all been with the players and getting worse every year

I did find convenient that Cox wasn't in the squad for New Years Day and then we find out that 'some' players haven't been paid. Has the club been selective as to who hasn't been paid? Are they the players that they don't want around the club?
Although I don't want to see it that way , I can't help but think the same.
Hmm yes, could it be the players not paid are the ones they are trying to force out the door !

Guy's, you're late to the party on that one... see my post earlier in this thread

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/not-being-paid.102058/page-2

The only thing with this theory is that it's been reported that some youth team players (presumably u23s - the academy players aren't on pro contracts are they?) haven't been paid. That won't be who Ron is trying to force out. Initial reports suggested there wasn't any correlation between who had been paid and who was out in the cold.

I think Ron's just short of cashflow. He has a tax bill to settle (someone said court hearing is 22nd Jan I think) and HMRC takes priority over employees. I think the unpaid tax bill means an automatic transfer embargo so although that has apparently now been settled presumably nothing is going to happen transfer wise until that has been dismissed.

Otherwise that looks pretty much spot on.

ps Spot on with the back office/matchday staff. I'll be joining you with a donation to those

yep, thats noted, the non payment of Kelman is an odd one, thats for sure

Well maybe if one of the other CBs could bring themselves to be fit and perform we wouldn't be in the position where Sol and most supporters see that Dieng has been the best CB option we have. You're are completely right - too many players thinking they are the manager when they just need to focus on their own performance. If they want to be a manager do your badges and apply for jobs- and hope you don't get to have to manage people like yourself..

Last edited:
the point is this ....

Sol - PAID

Heiraderson - PAID

Colbert - I hope PAID

players - some PAID - some NOT PAID

The most interesting point I take from that, is the idea that the players don’t get the idea of Dieng being captain, or playing CB.

It’s not a democracy, where they have a group vote on it. Sol decides, and he lives and dies by that decision. That’s what he gets paid for.

These areshole players can either accept it, or **** off. Preferably the latter.

Absolutely no surprise that the main person accused of self-policing, is the same one who’s bird has thrown her toys out of the pram on Twitter.

****ing disgraceful, the lot of them.

I hadn't seen this on twitter but had a look after I saw your post here.

Embarrassing behaviour, I really hope we can offload Cox and soon.

yep, thats noted, the non payment of Kelman is an odd one, thats for sure

Would he still be on the U23 payroll? Yes seems odd- but don't assume there was necessarily a great deal of logic regarding who got paid and who didn't. Its tempting to assume Ron instructing the FD dont pay him, him and him. It fits a narrative. But its just possible that Ron was told that not all the payroll could be met (FD are others managing that) and can I have more money please. They might have had the wherewithal themselves to know to pay Sol and his team first, then players, then.. who knows. It is even entirely possible that Sol was not paid- he just kept quiet. We simply do not know how it was handled, by who and the sequence of events.

the point is this ....

Sol - PAID

Heiraderson - PAID

Colbert - I hope PAID

players - some PAID - some NOT PAID

We think..less than seven players and more than seven players and staff originally not paid, we think..one of the players not paid paid this morning, we think. However, likely you are right.

Would he still be on the U23 payroll? Yes seems odd- but don't assume there was necessarily a great deal of logic regarding who got paid and who didn't. Its tempting to assume Ron instructing the FD dont pay him, him and him. It fits a narrative. But its just possible that Ron was told that not all the payroll could be met (FD are others managing that) and can I have more money please. They might have had the wherewithal themselves to know to pay Sol and his team first, then players, then.. who knows. It is even entirely possible that Sol was not paid- he just kept quiet. We simply do not know how it was handled, by who and the sequence of events.

Who is this FD you keep mentioning? I have never heard we had one.

Just possibly we should think "Poor Simon".. and he is getting slaughtered on here.. yet there is no evidence he is necessarily to blame for very much. There is so much said that turns out not to be true that we should not be latching onto individuals and giving them grief on the basis of hearsay. It is very embarrassing for the player to have their partner do this but we can't just assume they are behind it. He might be sat there with his phone thinking "no, why did you do that, its not helping". I suspect Simon Cox just wants to be playing football at this point of his career and whilst he may have some issues/axes to grind really that post doesn't help him one little tiny bit (assuming by the way it is his partner- I am taking that as read, very dangerous thing to do currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back