• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im probably being completely naive and also a bit stupid, but does the fact that Sol has been discussing to various sources ( echo, bbc essex ) their pursuing of new signings not show that it cant be quite as bad as it seems. I realise staff have not been paid but this has happened before with Rons shady financing.
Or is it a case of Sol just giving the generic cliche answers when he is being asked about new signings ?
What I am getting at is, if it really is as bad as it seems then Sol literally cant be looking at getting new players in.
Hope you know what i mean !
Cox's other half has replied to Chris Phillips tweeting this story
'Exposes himself as more and more clueless with every quote'

If this doesn't back the Daily Mail story of a fallout between players and Sol yesterday I don't know what does.
Bad times

son always gets a burger.

how much do they make on programs?

do we think the game will be on

Personally I think it will as I don't think the players would be naive enough to strike when:

a) the match is a tribute to Chris Barker
b) if the match doesn't go ahead, nobody will get any money they are owed
c) the chairman is currently taking the brunt of the fans' ire - if they play, they will probably get more support than usual, but if they don't, it will bring the stick back on them.

Of course, whether matchday staff turn up is another matter.

Im probably being completely naive and also a bit stupid, but does the fact that Sol has been discussing to various sources ( echo, bbc essex ) their pursuing of new signings not show that it cant be quite as bad as it seems. I realise staff have not been paid but this has happened before with Rons shady financing.
Or is it a case of Sol just giving the generic cliche answers when he is being asked about new signings ?
What I am getting at is, if it really is as bad as it seems then Sol literally cant be looking at getting new players in.
Hope you know what i mean !

I did find convenient that Cox wasn't in the squad for New Years Day and then we find out that 'some' players haven't been paid. Has the club been selective as to who hasn't been paid? Are they the players that they don't want around the club?

I did find convenient that Cox wasn't in the squad for New Years Day and then we find out that 'some' players haven't been paid. Has the club been selective as to who hasn't been paid? Are they the players that they don't want around the club?

Although I don't want to see it that way , I can't help but think the same.

Hmm yes, could it be the players not paid are the ones they are trying to force out the door !

If this doesn't back the Daily Mail story of a fallout between players and Sol yesterday I don't know what does.
Bad times

Lost me completely why would Simon Cox's wife involving herself by calling CPs quotes clueless support the Mail story? I guess what she is saying is the Sol's quotes show he is useless.

If so this is all pretty pathetic.

First Sol is a professional. His job as a professional manager of the club is focus on being positive, focussing on Sat and delivering on the playing side. Part of that is to continue to work on ways on improving the team and not give up whether that is in the press or behind the scenes.

If its this rubbish about allegedly "oh Chris Powell would have supported us" well if he hadn't been the players best friend all the time, and insisted on fitness, diet, attitude, discipline, professionalism then maybe we wouldn't be in this mess (although unfair to lay the blame at CPs door- we were already on the slippery slope!).

I would suggest (or hope) this is a great embarrassment to Simon Cox if true. To have a situation where your wife is allegedly slagging off your boss to the Daily Mail is, or should be, humiliating. Add to the fact he has been out the side none of it looks good.

You can imagine once Sat is out the way the meeting between Cox and Sol on Monday. "Ah Simon how nice of you to come- where's your wife, didn't you bring her to speak for you?"

No I suspect he didn't know his wife was going to comment in this way if she did. And the fact that if she did say this she is talking complete nonsense might make it more news worthy to the Mail but not to me.

Let hope it moved on positively today. Its doing all our heads in I am sure.

My boss was away over Xmas and didn't approve my timesheets.

As a consequence I have not been paid as well.

Bad times

Or to balance it out, the girlfriend of a player who is being forced out of the club, is taking a cheap shot, (probably based on emotion) at the man who is facilitating the aformentioned player’s exit.

So whilst I’ve got no doubt that some of them are rebelling against Sol, I’d be surprised if it was all of them.

What they’ve got to rebel against, I don’t know. Because Sol has made them train harder? Because there’s no more ketchup in the canteen? It’s all cobblers.

Let’s not forget that this group of players - again lead by a small, but influential number - have already seen off Phil Brown, Chris Powell, Kevin Bond and Gary Waddock.

**** the lot of ‘em.

If they want to strike this weekend, they should strap on a pair of bollocks, and stand in front of the fans in the Roots Hall car park, and be made to explain themselves.

Not being paid their wages, simply isn’t good enough reason IMO.

Think that really does tell us all we need to know about SC

What, exactly?

This mob rebelled against the last 4 management teams, what did we learn from that? Well, aside from the fact that this bunch aren’t willing to be managed by anyone.

Personally I think it will as I don't think the players would be naive enough to strike when:

a) the match is a tribute to Chris Barker
b) if the match doesn't go ahead, nobody will get any money they are owed
c) the chairman is currently taking the brunt of the fans' ire - if they play, they will probably get more support than usual, but if they don't, it will bring the stick back on them.

Of course, whether matchday staff turn up is another matter.
thats my view if it doesn't then less chance of anything. I was more thinking of the stewards though

If feathers are being ruffled then good! Cox has got the hump, of course he has .. he’s not been playing for weeks. If he’s not been paid he’s the first that’s going to kick off. Cox going to the newspapers?? No. That’s nonsense. If there’s a leak anywhere it ain’t a player. A club employee maybe or an agent. Fact is Campbell is getting resistance from players who don’t like what he’s doing. Tough s**t really.

Or to balance it out, the girlfriend of a player who is being forced out of the club, is taking a cheap shot, (probably based on emotion) at the man who is facilitating the aformentioned player’s exit.

So whilst I’ve got no doubt that some of them are rebelling against Sol, I’d be surprised if it was all of them.

What they’ve got to rebel against, I don’t know. Because Sol has made them train harder? Because there’s no more ketchup in the canteen? It’s all cobblers.

Let’s not forget that this group of players - again lead by a small, but influential number - have already seen off Phil Brown, Chris Powell, Kevin Bond and Gary Waddock.

**** the lot of ‘em.

If they want to strike this weekend, they should strap on a pair of bollocks, and stand in front of the fans in the Roots Hall car park, and be made to explain themselves.

Not being paid their wages, simply isn’t good enough reason IMO.

And if you want out you need another Club- which won't happen if you're playing like a drain, not putting the effort in, or not being professional. I agree its likely one or two making the noise and I strongly suspect they have found in Sol they have met their match. Good- tbh for the first time in a long time I think we have a manger who just won't tolerate it or pander to them.

Not to say there aren't genuine grievances but there are ways of doing things if you are a professional.

If feathers are being ruffled then good! Cox has got the hump, of course he has .. he’s not been playing for weeks. If he’s not been paid he’s the first that’s going to kick off. Cox going to the newspapers?? No. That’s nonsense. If there’s a leak anywhere it ain’t a player. A club employee maybe or an agent. Fact is Campbell is getting resistance from players who don’t like what he’s doing. Tough s**t really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back