• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having spoken to one of the players (who has been paid this morning). The comment about 'Chris Powell would of stuck up for us is a lie'.

Also Sol has zero man management skills. 3 x players (who I would say are influential in the squad, long term, senior members) have not had any form of direct chat with Sol.

There have been no 1 to 1 meetings, he has tried to put a regime in place that means there is no self policing in the squad and most of the players also don't get the Dieng being skipper and also playing centre back.

Its not just the 7 first team players (3 of whom have been playing week in week out) but also the U23s and the youth side.

RM will do his usual, pay at the last minute, go on TalkSport say there is no issue... etc.

I sadly don't think Sol is the guy for the job. I did not before hand. I personally felt we needed someone with passion for the club. Someone who would of felt the pain of what the fans are going through with what we watch week in week out.

who did you speak to? and who are the 3 players?

Absolutely. i think it is quite evident (or so it seems), that the players are quite used to having no respect for their own manager.
With a new set of players in, they would hopefully have some respect and listen to their boss from the outset and then the club as a whole can rebuild.

Just hope we can get to that point.

It works both ways respect on and off the pitch

from what I am hearing, the players do not like Campbell at all.. (my personal opinion is Good, the way they treated previous managers that they did like which was damn well disgusting, my days of caring whether the players like their manager or not have long gone)

They also didn't like the dismissive response from Campbell when approached by the senior players (nice to see a senior pro stepping up at last) hence the Powell comment, which I have heard did get a serious reaction out of Campbell

Which then makes me think this...

Ron has said to Sol, look we are ****ed, these lack of games have made things really difficult for us to carry out the plan of bringing in a new conveyor belt of players in as we had planned, we are going to need some serious movement from some of the squad members before i'll have some funds to offer signing on insensitive and the increase in monthly salaries, if you can get rid of keirnan Cox and Oxley you've then got room for 6 or 7 incomers alone, just off the back of their salaries.

Sol says to Ron, they are not budging, their agents aren't being proactive as they know they will get better deals at the end of the year, the players are happy to just see out their contracts as they know they wont get the same money again

Ron then says, ok Sol, leave it to me ... the 6-7 he doesn't want anymore, he uses his old tactic that suited him so well previously, Ill just knock em... lets see how long they want to stay at a club for that doesnt pay em (sure i'll have to pay them eventually, but they can join the queue of the long list of creditors I already have)

its a waiting game, who will break first, the players or Ron? (hence campbells change of heart in the press, saying his hands are tied he doesn't know if he will get 1, none or 6?? because he genuinely doesn't know, )

so the player now says, ok I will stick this out on no pay, big costly court case, and potentially never get it all back, or I will bit the hand off of any club that comes in for me and cut my losses. some money is better than no money...

or another scenario is the player says ok, mr Chairman, you are now in breach of contract Im off... and ron cries crocodile tears and says please don't go, ill resolve all this soon I promise...

My personal opinion is very genuine and I couldn't give two hoots whether you agree or not, and that its this
the players basically went on strike when they decided they didnt like Brown, then Powell and then Bond, I think they have a lot to answer for in relation to the dire position, no cup games no bigger attendances.. a lot sits with them and their mentality that they as a collective will play God with the club, I believe their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost right now. is that legally right? of course not.. morally is it right? of course not.... do I care how they feel? No i dont...

do I care for the local coaches, back of house staff, matchday staff etc? Absolutely of course I do, My personal opinion they are the real employees of Southend Unites , people who genuinely care, people who live in the town.. I would happily make a donation to their salaries if the trust considered this an avenue forward?

The only thing with this theory is that it's been reported that some youth team players (presumably u23s - the academy players aren't on pro contracts are they?) haven't been paid. That won't be who Ron is trying to force out. Initial reports suggested there wasn't any correlation between who had been paid and who was out in the cold.

I think Ron's just short of cashflow. He has a tax bill to settle (someone said court hearing is 22nd Jan I think) and HMRC takes priority over employees. I think the unpaid tax bill means an automatic transfer embargo so although that has apparently now been settled presumably nothing is going to happen transfer wise until that has been dismissed.

Otherwise that looks pretty much spot on.

ps Spot on with the back office/matchday staff. I'll be joining you with a donation to those

The only thing with this theory is that it's been reported that some youth team players (presumably u23s - the academy players aren't on pro contracts are they?) haven't been paid. That won't be who Ron is trying to force out. Initial reports suggested there wasn't any correlation between who had been paid and who was out in the cold.

I think Ron's just short of cashflow. He has a tax bill to settle (someone said court hearing is 22nd Jan I think) and HMRC takes priority over employees. I think the unpaid tax bill means an automatic transfer embargo so although that has apparently now been settled presumably nothing is going to happen transfer wise until that has been dismissed.

Otherwise that looks pretty much spot on.

ps Spot on with the back office/matchday staff. I'll be joining you with a donation to those
if an unpaid tax bill means an embargo we would be better of signing them before hand in case we cant pay it, at least we have the players then ;)

It is all a shambles, Ron will probably pay late today and then settle the tax bill just before the hearing.

Doesnt help with preparation, morale and confidence in whats going on for anyone though, players, other staff and fans alike.

Out of pure interest Kay, are The Trust trying to get a meeting with RM?

I'm not suggesting for 1 second it would gain anything as he would only tell you what he wants you to hear as per normal or the usual " I can't say due to sensitive information".

I don't think they will be too keen after the ones before. Ron hates them. Didn't he send the CEO out to one he was meant to attend? When questioned, Ron answers in typical politician mode, of rallying speech, without answering the blooming questions. If pushed, then it's sensitive information that he's not allowed to share. He will also put a positive spin on things, as the ship is sinking. So it's just a waste of time for everybody.

Having spoken to one of the players (who has been paid this morning). The comment about 'Chris Powell would of stuck up for us is a lie'.

Also Sol has zero man management skills. 3 x players (who I would say are influential in the squad, long term, senior members) have not had any form of direct chat with Sol.

There have been no 1 to 1 meetings, he has tried to put a regime in place that means there is no self policing in the squad and most of the players also don't get the Dieng being skipper and also playing centre back.

Its not just the 7 first team players (3 of whom have been playing week in week out) but also the U23s and the youth side.

RM will do his usual, pay at the last minute, go on TalkSport say there is no issue... etc.

I sadly don't think Sol is the guy for the job. I did not before hand. I personally felt we needed someone with passion for the club. Someone who would of felt the pain of what the fans are going through with what we watch week in week out.

WTF should Sol make time for "influential players". He runs the team and "influential players"
have achieved a bottom of the league position. Sol has been forced to rely on youth team players while some players phone in hamstrings.

No-one can dispute the players are now fitter and leaner - thats cos they were NOT fit enough before - which is an effing disgrace.

Anyway - good to hear they got their money .

I've seen how my club has tumbled down to its lowest ever point. The root cause was an owner who listened to his whinging players instead of his manager who was trying to instil some discipline into the squad.
Back Sol Campbell and get rid of any player who doesn't like having to earn his living.

The Times

Think Buzz.ie took the story as well....

https://www.buzz.ie/football/simon-cox-interview-324884

could be a different one though

Means Simon Cox is unlikely to be the mole, although I think it was unlikely to be a player as they wouldn't have known about Larsson.

Can you expand on the trying to put a regime in place with no self policing point - is this banning the players from fining each other?

Have players asked for 1 to 1 meetings and been refused?

I don't think they will be too keen after the ones before. Ron hates them. Didn't he send the CEO out to one he was meant to attend? When questioned, Ron answers in typical politician mode, of rallying speech, without answering the blooming questions. If pushed, then it's sensitive information that he's not allowed to share. He will also put a positive spin on things, as the ship is sinking. So it's just a waste of time for everybody.

That was kind of my thoughts on it to, but I had to ask...:Tumbleweed:

Lots of disinformation and agendas. We can't take anything it seems at face value however it seems.

Senior players don't like the way Sol does his business and deals with them. He and we probably don't appreciate much the senior players contribution at what they are paid to do (eventually) to do at the moment. They would be very wise to focus on their own failings until the end of their contracts. They haven't exactly supported any of the previous managers either have they?

This is where I worry about who you have been talking to- a CB shouldn't be captain- really? wow..just wow. And he is putting some discipline in place and he feels they are being treated like children? Hmm. You EARN the right to self police (be trusted). The boss does not have to earn that from the players, but the players have to earn it from the boss.

Quite possibly.

Very likely- and wouldn't expect anything else- he willl be as positive as he can be- with everything else going on he would be an idiot to do much else from a business perspective

I suspect you are in a minority but very much entitled to your opinion. Good input though- pieces in a puzzle maybe. Certainly livening up an otherwise slow day :-)

Means Simon Cox is unlikely to be the mole, although I think it was unlikely to be a player as they wouldn't have known about Larsson.

The Mail's Larsson story didn't come from anybody at SUFC, it came indirectly from Larsson.

I do hear your points completely but you would hope that Sol has some kind of idea how to run a squad/team. He was of course part of some very succesful teams.

And I suspect at Macclesfield he had a bunch of limited but willing L2 pros who knew that they didn't know it all. Listened, worked hard, signed on and delivered.

He will look at some of our big time Charlies and think God knows what - it will be blindingly obvious to him that they are nowhere near as good as they think they are- but it will all come down to attitude. If he has made a mistake it was initially the same one Bond made in believing the players own hype and therefore they could play football the Championship/Prem way- he has learned its not much different to Macclesfield with a little more talent and a lot less application.

The most interesting point I take from that, is the idea that the players don’t get the idea of Dieng being captain, or playing CB.

It’s not a democracy, where they have a group vote on it. Sol decides, and he lives and dies by that decision. That’s what he gets paid for.

These areshole players can either accept it, or **** off. Preferably the latter.

Absolutely no surprise that the main person accused of self-policing, is the same one who’s bird has thrown her toys out of the pram on Twitter.

****ing disgraceful, the lot of them.

if an unpaid tax bill means an embargo we would be better of signing them before hand in case we cant pay it, at least we have the players then ;)

It is all a shambles, Ron will probably pay late today and then settle the tax bill just before the hearing.

Doesnt help with preparation, morale and confidence in whats going on for anyone though, players, other staff and fans alike.

The tax bill is paid I think- took priority over everything else including wages- we were in the horrible situation of either or I think.

The most interesting point I take from that, is the idea that the players don’t get the idea of Dieng being captain, or playing CB.

It’s not a democracy, where they have a group vote on it. Sol decides, and he lives and dies by that decision. That’s what he gets paid for.

These areshole players can either accept it, or **** off. Preferably the latter.

Absolutely no surprise that the main person accused of self-policing, is the same one who’s bird has thrown her toys out of the pram on Twitter.

****ing disgraceful, the lot of them.

It's not so much that even- its that a professional footballer doesn't get how a CB- yes a CB- can be captain? surely he didn't say that. Surely its not as petty as they are not a defender and it should be someone in their position (i.e. them)? Surely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back