• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron told me himself last night, whilst we were playing poker.

His exact words were; “please GBJ, please, I’ve got to have this money, it’s for the staff”.

I said “Sorry Ron, firstly you shouldn’t be betting the company payroll and secondly, you shouldn’t try bluffing with 6 high”.

It was me, him, Marlon Brando, the yellow M&M and that actress who got cut. The one from Legally blonde, Reese something...

Oh her you mean..
ba374a964af6eb523373081692fb1644.png

wha
I bet i'm owed more than you Wivs
what actually is your role, you seem to bask in some sort of glory having that little bit more information than others...
are you a director
contractor
fan
mates with someone whos mates with someone

what hat do you actually were? i'm interested to know

We all know the answer to that...
I remember you, you only seem to come out of the wood work when the clubs in its darkest days, its as though you kind of get a buzz from the disaster that we are?
do you go to games? do you pay £20 odd every other week? do you play your part in the upkeep or the down fall, thats what I am trying to understand

wha

what actually is your role, you seem to bask in some sort of glory having that little bit more information than others...
are you a director
contractor
fan
mates with someone whos mates with someone

what hat do you actually were? i'm interested to know

It was just a little in joke with Wivs.

I'm just a fan who finds it funny how grown men can get so upset over who knows what. Or get so angry if I defend someone rather than join the lynching party.

Ron told me himself last night, whilst we were playing poker.

His exact words were; “please GBJ, please, I’ve got to have this money, it’s for the staff”.

I said “Sorry Ron, firstly you shouldn’t be betting the company payroll and secondly, you shouldn’t try bluffing with 6 high”.

It was me, him, Marlon Brando, the yellow M&M and that actress who got cut. The one from Legally blonde, Reese something...

Good one....sums things up perfectly in many ways :-)

This forum really does get me laughing at times :ROFL: We're in an awful state but we can always take the **** out of ourselves.

Keep the faith
UTB

The thing I find most unbelievable in all this is the number of fans who seem to believe that we should be solvent with a positive cash flow despite having just 3 games at home in nearly 10 weeks, that Ron shouldn't take anything out of the club at all and at the same time continue to fund its every liability quickly and without getting into further debt, should have built the new stadium by now, should happily pay off contracts in full of under performing players regardless of length and bring in new ones regardless of wages, should have an insight into every player wanted and be able to know exactly whether they will work out or not at RH, should know not only precisely which non league gems will transform our on pitch fortunes but also which international or higher league players won't make the transition from being good on paper to good on grass and anything that deviates from the above constitutes gross financial mismanagement and he is therefore the devil.

The thing I find most unbelievable in all this is the number of fans who seem to believe that we should be solvent with a positive cash flow despite having just 3 games at home in nearly 10 weeks, that Ron shouldn't take anything out of the club at all and at the same time continue to fund its every liability quickly and without getting into further debt, should have built the new stadium by now, should happily pay off contracts in full of under performing players regardless of length and bring in new ones regardless of wages, should have an insight into every player wanted and be able to know exactly whether they will work out or not at RH, should know not only precisely which non league gems will transform our on pitch fortunes but also which international or higher league players won't make the transition from being good on paper to good on grass and anything that deviates from the above constitutes gross financial mismanagement and he is therefore the devil.

Welcome to the world of football fandom in general and SUFC fans in particular. :Winking:

A lot of that is the job of a CEO, which we had but didn't replace. Ron took that burden himself to save cash and its backfired.

After 20 years he is of course not the devil; he is simply the proverbial man of straw.

I offer you two definitions and you can choose either, or both.

man of straw
a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.

a person undertaking a financial commitment without adequate means.

I think most of us would just settle for being a 'normal' club at this level - ie not fudging up every single transfer window for the last three and a half years, paying our staff and players on time (particularly the lowest paid and most vulnerable ones), not ****ing off every single agent working in the game so we're back of the queue for transfers, not handing out long-term contracts to deeply average players, and yes not taking 22 years to deliver a stadium when he owns two massive tracts of land of huge value within the borough and has planning precedent for both.

I do get that Ron is not the devil, he single handedly keeps us afloat and he is trying his best for the club. I genuinely believe that. The problem is his best isn't good enough, and if he would just swallow his pride and appoint a competent CEO a lot of these problems would disappear. It is so frustrating to support this club at the moment, watching other clubs making signings to improve their squad, and here we are with NINE points not able to make any improvements because our manager is working with both hands tied behind his back. And why is Ron above scrutiny anyway? I don't want to live in a world where our fans cannot scrutinise the actions of our chairman/owner.

I am sure a lot of managers over the years have tried their best and not been up to scratch. They are given short shrift by fans and get the sack. We're stuck with Ron, I accept that but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Up the stewards. Please go on Strike. Please have to call the game off. Please get deducted points so we can finish the season on minus points. PLEASE

Oh and Ron said he paid the players yesterday turns out they are still not paid. Bloke is a compulsive liar.

Up the stewards. Please go on Strike. Please have to call the game off. Please get deducted points so we can finish the season on minus points. PLEASE

Oh and Ron said he paid the players yesterday turns out they are still not paid. Bloke is a compulsive liar.
That's pretty positive. I, on the other hand, would like to watch Southend play on Saturday, so I hope none of your wishes come true.

If stewards went on strike RM would just hire a security firm to take the one off game, they wouldn’t get paid b4 hand but might afterwards.

In the unlikeley event that the game is called off on Saturday then that's another week with no income for the club, the very thing we need to pay said wages to club staff no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back