• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the club confirmed that all wages have been paid, like the have done in the past, when we’ve had these issues?

No. Should tell you all you need to know.
Not being contentious, but Ron said (take it as you will) that all players have now been paid, so that is a club statement of sorts.

It is all very frustrating thats for sure. I Only ask and offer my verse as like 99.9% others on here we have no real club insight just our own opinions, so was seeking some form of clarity

Not being contentious, but Ron said (take it as you will) that all players have now been paid, so that is a club statement of sorts.

Going by rumour, as of this morning, they have not.

Someone’s telling porkies. But who :Think:

Going by rumour, as of this morning, they have not.

Someone’s telling porkies. But who :Think:
I know who your getitng at, im just trying to keep an open mind. But if just rumour then it isnt a fact so maybe (and its still bad) just the matchday and ticket office staff.

Good to see you posting mate. Hope you and the family are well

All good mate. You?

Thought id pop my head in. Same old **** going on. Nothing changes and ever will under this "leadership"

Who's up for a protest?...happy to come out of retirement... :Angry Mob::Zipped:

All good mate. You?

Thought id pop my head in. Same old **** going on. Nothing changes and ever will under this "leadership"

Who's up for a protest? :Angry Mob::Zipped:

All good mate.

Yep, we’ve jumped into a time machine, and gone back to the year 2010.

At least we get to look forward to that day out at Wembley again, in five years time.

Ticket office staff won’t get paid until Tuesday apparently according to the finance department, as of this morning. All looks to me like they’re just hoping people actually turn up at the weekend for work.

And the question of sustainability within a new ground, has often been discussed, and never actually proven that we will be.

We’re basing that hope on what Ron says, and frankly, I take every single thing that comes out of that man’s mouth, with justified scepticism.

From the moment he mentioned the new ground could host World Title fights, I knew he was off his head.

We’re beholden to Ron’s word on those points.

Again, see above.

It really isn’t a moot point at all. The money seems to keep appearing from somewhere, and SUFC are liable for it.

I’m not sure I can answer that, without writing something that could be seen as libellous. I’ll have to check with a certain owner.

For now though, I’ll just say that Ron told the world two days ago, that the players were going to be paid that day, and he was doing it out of his own pocket - you know, ‘cos we’re so dependant on him.

As of today, they haven’t been paid.

Make of it, what you will.

As I say my view is no more valid than yours, and you will believe whatever you want to and nothing I can present to you will ever change it. You state as fact that they have not been paid. So I guess an unnamed player must have told you today that they still hadn't been paid. Otherwise we are in the world of "alternative facts" and rumour I guess.

Indeed. And I am sure someone could point to all the previous discussions on finances, the recent tidying up of debts, and satisfaction of securities/charges. But in simple terms we should all be in a position to agree on reviewing the detail that the statement that the club is "£17m in debt" is in isolation at best misleading. Other than the £17m intracompany debt the finances are pretty clean. The real issue is cash flow and the fact that Ron needs to keep putting £1-2m per year in. And when that proves to be not enough (like now) and the FD says I can't pay this or that he then has to find more (which he does- the issue appears to be the ability to find it quickly. Probably because the cash requested has to be leveraged against securities elsewhere in the business- hence lawyers).

It all comes back to the fact that Ron is wealthy by our standards, but not necessary by football chairmen standards- and hence finding £100k in cash at short notice because of cash flow issues, beyond the initial expectation of £1-2m per year of support to the club, not surprisingly, to me at least, causes issues.

BTW having run businesses myself whilst you can say Ron should be intimately aware of impending cash flow issues he will 1. be reliant on the FD correctly forecasting cash flow requirements and availability to meet liabilities 2. unexpected "stuff happens" particularly around timing of flows 3. Ron anyway is probably sailing pretty close to the wind without much in the way of a buffer because until he gets planning cash is very tight across his busineses.

The moment he gets planning (if I know) then the value of RH/FF spirals to many £m and this would change the situation significantly.

Great analysis, I have no idea how the all the companies with so much debt stay afloat, but guess like you everything is leveraged against land, planning etc. But you have to remember this is all 1 mans debt (real or not) wherever it sits in this montage as he owns everything, the fact that SUFC are the one loaded the most on paper is a tail of 2 possible outcomes. It's all sailing on a wing and a pray atm and the worse (hopefully not) could be yet to come.

Last edited:
As I say my view is no more valid than yours, and you will believe whatever you want to and nothing I can present to you will ever change it. You state as fact that they have not been paid. So I guess an unnamed player must have told you today that they still hadn't been paid. Otherwise we are in the world of "alternative facts" and rumour I guess.

Ron told me himself last night, whilst we were playing poker.

His exact words were; “please GBJ, please, I’ve got to have this money, it’s for the staff”.

I said “Sorry Ron, firstly you shouldn’t be betting the company payroll and secondly, you shouldn’t try bluffing with 6 high”.

It was me, him, Marlon Brando, the yellow M&M and that actress who got cut. The one from Legally blonde, Reese something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back