• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
A HIGH percentage of Southend United stewards are threatening to go on strike if they are not paid before Saturday’s clash with Tranmere Rovers at Roots Hall.

More...

Guessing that Saturday might get a bit spikey.....if it goes ahead, we get the wrong result, and Ron's sat in attendance...…………….:Angry Mob:

In the unlikeley event that the game is called off on Saturday then that's another week with no income for the club, the very thing we need to pay said wages to club staff no?

But, but, but Ron paid them out of his own pocket, remember?

They’ve been paid, I don’t know why they’re lying about it.

Up the stewards. Please go on Strike. Please have to call the game off. Please get deducted points so we can finish the season on minus points. PLEASE

Oh and Ron said he paid the players yesterday turns out they are still not paid. Bloke is a compulsive liar.

As the saying goes with friends like you...:-)

How I wish I could delete this season from my memory! Absolutely dreadful on and off the pitch. Dark times again for us. If we still have a club then I fear for next season.

Apparently , and it may have been mentioned on here already, but here is the link, that some of the players have still NOT been paid for December and are seeking a meeting with the PFA over the issue tomorrow. Story put up on BBC website a little over half an hour ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51053076

I would suggest we must be under a transfer embargo as the latest HMRC winding up order has been adjourned until 22nd January.

The financial mess this club finds itself in has to look no further than Ron Martin!

But, but, but Ron paid them out of his own pocket, remember?

They’ve been paid, I don’t know why they’re lying about it.

That story run by the echo mentioned that he payed some of the playing squad out of his own pocket not club staff.

If things are as bad as they seem surely Sol Campbell will walk away. He's been through this sort of mess once already and if Ron Martin had given him any inclination of financial woes he'd never have signed up.
The infuriating thing is I believe things are (or were) about to get better on the pitch, starting with three points against Tranmere.

The item on the BBC red button says that RM says the case will be dismissed on 22nd January as HMRC have been paid, I still do not trust the man after the quote at the Shareholders meeting 9 or ten years back regarding a confirmed friendly with Wigan.

Agreed, every time Ron opens his mouth bull**** flies out. Saying he's paid all the players - blatant lie :Angry:. I kind of hope the stewards do go on strike, it's about time someone stood up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back