• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Tamplin he seems to suffer from depression and therefore he will throw his toys out of the pram at the drop of a hat ,it has nothing to do with people seeing him fail, that is just an excuse on his part.
The cyber bullying will always hurt, especially aimed at the family and there are days he can ignore, but I would guess they are few and far

Classic sign I have given up football, a few weeks later buys out Romford and becomes manager, nice if you can indulge yourself that way, but many suffer along the way and after he has moved on
Once he faces the truth, then maybe he will be a success, but I hope his health comes first as any person who suffers from this horrendous illness

The operative word being 'seems'......

Well, being pedantic, in a few months time, we’ll be back in the same position we were in, before Ron took control.

Only now, we don’t own our own Stadium or training ground, are £17m in debt, and have an awful reputation in the world of lower league football.

Although and again being pedantic all of that £17m is owed intercompany to Ron and will be written off if the developments go ahead- now I know, I know...but we live in a World where millions believe in the "sunlit uplands" and what the Daily Mail prints and I see no reason why my blind optimism should be any less valid..

Last edited:
Well, being pedantic, in a few months time, we’ll be back in the same position we were in, before Ron took control.

Only now, we don’t own our own Stadium or training ground, are £17m in debt, and have an awful reputation in the world of lower league football.

So if we don't get planning then has it been worth it for Ron?

One thing I forgot to mention earlier about developers and maybe Ron would do this if he had known he would still be here 22 years later.

Some buy a site way below market value because the council will not allow you to develop it, historic or landmark building. Perhaps it is used by the local football team.

Then they run the business down and when it goes bust they apply for planing. The council still say no......So you have a number of fires on the premises, 3 in the Queens hotel, 2 in the Esplanade. Throw in some squatters and fly tipping and before you know it, the council cave in under pressure from angry residents and grant planning.

Ron should have done that 20 years ago. He would ave saved £17m, probably nearer £20m by now and could be on his yacht in the Caribbean instead of suffering Tranmere with the rest of us.

P.s....About 25 years back, I was offered £1000 to burn an empty building down by someone who couldn't get planning.... I declined the offer.

RM's problem has always been Ego and Greed. He wants this all for himself, had he of shared it out with others who were willing to join him in the whole development saga I am pretty sure we would not be in this position now. Many have put money in, in the hope of the joining the Holy Grail and many have left shaking their heads and fighting to get back any investments they had already put in.

We are in a sorry state once again, hardly for the first time and somehow we are still here.. Ron needs us as much as we need him if the convenant is to be believed, if so all hands are tied.

RBS were the first to be attached to the development, Then Sainsburys who stopped loaning RM money after HMRC were after us and capped it at 5.5 mill, then we had British Land who bailed.. The best we can ever hope for IMO is a 3 sided stadium and that ATM is still just a dream in RM's head as it has been for the past, what is it 20 years?

To maybe fill one or two slight gaps- Sainsbury did disappear but because of a change in corporate policy against opening any more new mega-supermarkets (the SUFC development along with a number of others went up in a puff of smoke). It is believed this is why the monies lent haven't been repaid because it was Sainsbury who walked from the agreement.

BL didn't bail- originally it was an attractive tie up but when finance rates dropped through the floor and funding became easier Ron could find other financing and retain far more of the cake (and before we have the argument again about why would the banks lend Ron money- he will borrow it/draw down once planning is in place, and once that happens RH and FF with planning is worth many £millions as security. And as each stage is completed the security is extended and more funds released.

RM's problem has always been Ego and Greed. He wants this all for himself, had he of shared it out with others who were willing to join him in the whole development saga I am pretty sure we would not be in this position now. Many have put money in, in the hope of the joining the Holy Grail and many have left shaking their heads and fighting to get back any investments they had already put in.

We are in a sorry state once again, hardly for the first time and somehow we are still here.. Ron needs us as much as we need him if the convenant is to be believed, if so all hands are tied.

See post 263

So if we don't get planning then has it been worth it for Ron?

One thing I forgot to mention earlier about developers and maybe Ron would do this if he had known he would still be here 22 years later.

Some buy a site way below market value because the council will not allow you to develop it, historic or landmark building. Perhaps it is used by the local football team.

Then they run the business down and when it goes bust they apply for planing. The council still say no......So you have a number of fires on the premises, 3 in the Queens hotel, 2 in the Esplanade. Throw in some squatters and fly tipping and before you know it, the council cave in under pressure from angry residents and grant planning.

Ron should have done that 20 years ago. He would ave saved £17m, probably nearer £20m by now and could be on his yacht in the Caribbean instead of suffering Tranmere with the rest of us.

P.s....About 25 years back, I was offered £1000 to burn an empty building down by someone who couldn't get planning.... I declined the offer.

You are not Keith Flint and I claim my £5

To maybe fill one or two slight gaps- Sainsbury did disappear but because of a change in corporate policy against opening any more new mega-supermarkets (the SUFC development along with a number of others went up in a puff of smoke). It is believed this is why the monies lent haven't been repaid because it was Sainsbury who walked from the agreement.

I think it was 50/50 https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jul/21/southend-united-sainsburys-roots-hall They were not happy about HMRC who told them we were insolvent. https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/8312868.sainsburys-puts-5m-cap-on-its-blues-bailout/ I agree they changed plans in the end.

BL didn't bail- originally it was an attractive tie up but when finance rates dropped through the floor and funding became easier Ron could find other financing and retain far more of the cake (and before we have the argument again about why would the banks lend Ron money- he will borrow it/draw down once planning is in place, and once that happens RH and FF with planning is worth many £millions as security. And as each stage is completed the security is extended and more funds released.

I am not totally sure of all the BL details , but it RM once more wanting the big slice of the cake at any cost.

Although and again being pedantic all of that £17m is owed intercompany to Ron and will be written off if the developments go ahead- now I know, I know...but we live in a World where millions believe in the "sunlit uplands" and what the Daily Mail prints and I see no reason why my blind optimism should be any less valid..

And the 17M debts are not causing crippling repayments . When RM took over the debts were owed to banks and finance houses and were costing a lot of money to repay, causing cashflow problems ., which VJ had no means to assist with

Its the wages against lack of income which are causing the cash flow issues of late , and we have , albeit reaching the end of its abilities, a route to loans at seemingly low cost.

I was told recently that back in the late 60's and early 70's when Billy Best lived in Eastwood he use to make, fix and install kitchen unit's as a sideline to supplement his wages as a professional footballer. "Just can't ever imagine Alexis Sanchez having to do that part-time"

I can certainly recall seeing Billy Best,John Mckinven,Sammy Macmillan and also John Kurila and Peter Watson round our family house in Westcliff talking with my late father (who was a builder and property developer) about doing some summer work with him.

Last edited:
See post 263

I get all of that, but you missed off , knocking the building down and just sitting on it or gaining planning and doing some little work on it just before the planning runs out.

The Councils I am sure (Joke) have their own fire department to know in advance when the next one is starting.

You are not Keith Flint and I claim my £5

The building did mysteriously burn down one November 5th....An overworked local fire station said it was probably a stray rocket.....I had a good look round....No school boy mistakes like that house on the corner of Chalkwell avenue and Kings road

So it was either as they say an accident or a deliberate act by someone who knew what they were doing

I am not totally sure of all the BL details , but it RM once more wanting the big slice of the cake at any cost.

I am sure Sainsbury weren't happy to be forwarding monies to Ron upfront but did so precisely because they were committed to the venture. Sainsbury aren't complete idiots and know HMRC could point out the majority of clubs outside the Prem are technically insolvent and reliant on owners. In the end it was change of policy not a desire to write of £5m.

On BL it was good business- why would you continue with a partner you were giving a big slice of the development to due to borrowing being difficult and finance costs high, when suddenly borrowing was much much easier and cheaper?

And the 17M debts are not causing crippling repayments . When RM took over the debts were owed to banks and finance houses and were costing a lot of money to repay, causing cashflow problems ., which VJ had no means to assist with

I am not surprised baring in mind RM owns everything,, it would be like paying himself something that isnt there.

Its the wages against lack of income which are causing the cash flow issues of late , and we have , albeit reaching the end of its abilities, a route to loans at seemingly low cost.

That I agree with 100%, there is no money anywhere.

I get all of that, but you missed off , knocking the building down and just sitting on it or gaining planning and doing some little work on it just before the planning runs out.

The Councils I am sure (Joke) have their own fire department to know in advance when the next one is starting.

Yes the old Access building next to the gas works comes to mind. Half demolished so you don't pay rates but a big enough eyesore to nudge the council into action.

I am sure Sainsbury weren't happy to be forwarding monies to Ron upfront but did so precisely because they were committed to the venture. Sainsbury aren't complete idiots and know HMRC could point out the majority of clubs outside the Prem are technically insolvent and reliant on owners. In the end it was change of policy not a desire to write of £5m.

On BL it was good business- why would you continue with a partner you were giving a big slice of the development to due to borrowing being difficult and finance costs high, when suddenly borrowing was much much easier and cheaper?

We will await our future on that with baited breath,

I was told recently that back in the late 60's and early 70's when Billy Best lived in Eastwood he use to make, fix and install kitchen unit's as a sideline to supplement his wages as a professional footballer. "Just can't ever imagine Alexis Sanchez having to do that part-time"

Brian Hardie, John Lever and Keith Pont used to work at the same place I was at during ths winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back