• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news. Any insight as to what positions/areas of the club?

I've been told several have been affected but the only one I know for sure was following seeing a post for someone called Nick Bailey on Facebook where he said he'd been layed off from his job as the part time coach driver for the team.

I've been told several have been affected but the only one I know for sure was following seeing a post for someone called Nick Bailey on Facebook where he said he'd been layed off from his job as the part time coach driver for the team.
Ahh the days when Nicky Bailey fought Alan McCormack on the pitch coincidentally against Tranmere who we face this weekend. Imagine this side just showing 1 third of that amount of passion.

From what I can see , he wasn't employed by the club but by the coach company ,

I guess it filters from Ron not having the cash available to pay them.

What a sorry State of affairs

You are probably right. Some clubs may eventually find a buyer but so many of these are the Glenn Tamplins of the world. The future for lower league football does not look good at the moment.

Thats the problem right there. Billericay had lots of money pumped into improving the ground etc and are in a much better position now. But people bitched all the way and still do. People who have no connection are desperate for him to fail.

Theres a reason the likes of Sugar, Hearn and Paphitis didn't last in football and its obviously not because they are bad businessmen......You just can't win with football....financially or with fans.

Theres a reason the likes of Sugar, Hearn and Paphitis didn't last in football and its obviously not because they are bad businessmen......You just can't win with football....financially or with fans.

I don’t think those three are comparable. In the interest of balance, it’s worth remembering that they had other (profitable) multi-million pound businesses to focus their time and energy on.

Thats the problem right there. Billericay had lots of money pumped into improving the ground etc and are in a much better position now. But people bitched all the way and still do. People who have no connection are desperate for him to fail.

The problem with Tamplin he seems to suffer from depression and therefore he will throw his toys out of the pram at the drop of a hat ,it has nothing to do with people seeing him fail, that is just an excuse on his part.
The cyber bullying will always hurt, especially aimed at the family and there are days he can ignore, but I would guess they are few and far

Classic sign I have given up football, a few weeks later buys out Romford and becomes manager, nice if you can indulge yourself that way, but many suffer along the way and after he has moved on
Once he faces the truth, then maybe he will be a success, but I hope his health comes first as any person who suffers from this horrendous illness

Tampin is not comparable to any other football owner.
With the utmost respect the bloke is a ****.

You clearly know nearly enough about him to be almost able to spell his name.

Clearly he is a very strange personality, with some character traits that are not appealing, but I think he went into football with good intentions and not for his personal benefit.

He also left Billericay in a far better position than they were when he joined them.

Will Ron ever be able to make either of those claims in respect of Southend.

I don’t think those three are comparable. In the interest of balance, it’s worth remembering that they had other (profitable) multi-million pound businesses to focus their time and energy on.

What about the 24+ clubs who have gone out of the 92 since Ron became our chairman. When he arrived we were mid 4th tier.

What about the 24+ clubs who have gone out of the 92 since Ron became our chairman. When he arrived we were mid 4th tier.

Oh that's ok then= Bury fans could have said something along those lines too 6 months ago

I do find it odd how you refuse to countenance that Ron has (through incompetence, bad luck, a combination of the two or other reasons) put the club in a perilous position which now genuinely means it's very future is at risk in the next couple of months. Just how close is your relationship with him?

He has and no one wants to buy the club......So what would you do?

Seeing as RH is now worth a tidy sum, rather than a football person perhaps a developer would buy the club. They could make money whilst we ground shared at one of those sort of stadiums you mention......Col U for home games anyone?

Yes please!

Well, being pedantic, in a few months time, we’ll be back in the same position we were in, before Ron took control.

Only now, we don’t own our own Stadium or training ground, are £17m in debt, and have an awful reputation in the world of lower league football.

He has and no one wants to buy the club......So what would you do?

Seeing as RH is now worth a tidy sum, rather than a football person perhaps a developer would buy the club. They could make money whilst we ground shared at one of those sort of stadiums you mention......Col U for home games anyone?

There are some things I could not sink to, that is one of them.

Because, in his 20 years of tenure, it has become difficult, almost impossible, to separate facts from, let's say, "non-facts".

Yes I agree with you. Plus I have not the slightest doubt he entered into the world of football thinking he would earn from it and far quicker than he thought.

95% of any discussion or posts about Ron is speculation because no one really knows including Ron.

Thats why i said we should start with just the basic few facts....
Sainsbury's were involved
They did cause a long delay and were quite devious in their actions.
99% of people likely to have bought out club would have continued with the Sainsburys plan
99% of people who may now buy our club will continue with the RH/FF development.

So now we can all slag Ron but lets at the same time remind ourselves...
The Larsson saga point to Ron actually trying to do what most want...Sell the club
What would we really gain as fans, when he does.

Even as recently as the 80s, players were doing other odd jobs to make ends meet.
I was told recently that back in the late 60's and early 70's when Billy Best lived in Eastwood he use to make, fix and install kitchen unit's as a sideline to supplement his wages as a professional footballer. "Just can't ever imagine Alexis Sanchez having to do that part-time"

Yes I agree with you. Plus I have not the slightest doubt he entered into the world of football thinking he would earn from it and far quicker than he thought.

95% of any discussion or posts about Ron is speculation because no one really knows including Ron.

Thats why i said we should start with just the basic few facts....
Sainsbury's were involved
They did cause a long delay and were quite devious in their actions.
99% of people likely to have bought out club would have continued with the Sainsburys plan
99% of people who may now buy our club will continue with the RH/FF development.

So now we can all slag Ron but lets at the same time remind ourselves...
The Larsson saga point to Ron actually trying to do what most want...Sell the club
What would we really gain as fans, when he does.

RBS were the first to be attached to the development, Then Sainsburys who stopped loaning RM money after HMRC were after us and capped it at 5.5 mill, then we had British Land who bailed.. The best we can ever hope for IMO is a 3 sided stadium and that ATM is still just a dream in RM's head as it has been for the past, what is it 20 years?

I'm not sure if cricketers still have winter jobs? I know David Masters the Essex bowler used to work as a labourer in the winter and that is where his nickname "Hod" came from. He only retired 3 seasons ago so if county cricketers aren't holding down "normal" jobs in the winter now they were very recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back