• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've got no idea how easy it is to get a new sponsor on board. Do you?

At a pro club no.

At a grassroots club with 30 teams yes.

A pro club should have zero difficulty getting a sponsor on board. It begs the question then, what exactly is the problem here?

Are we demanding too much money for the privilege?

Has our reputation sunk so low that we cant even attract a shirt sponsor anymore?

Whatever way you slice it, it is a bit mickey mouse if we cannot even get the shirts sorted before the season starts (Presuming the post above claiming it wont be ready till the first game is correct)

yeah leaving it late but hopefully at meet the blues day on 27th they will reveal a home and away shirt along with a new sponser if they have got one

yeah leaving it late but hopefully at meet the blues day on 27th they will reveal a home and away shirt along with a new sponser if they have got one

And maybe they won't. We might have to accept that a sponsor is not going to happen just yet, if at all. I really hope I'm wrong.

Random curiosity (no I am not interested in putting my name on the front of the shirts ....) what do we reckon the going rate for a league two kit sponsor is?

Posts 303, 304 and 305 reckon between 50k and 250k

When we were sponsored by Rebus, I believe that the 2 year deal was in exchange for some cabling work which Rebus did around Roots Hall - that was worth around £90k I believe. It leaves me confident that the sponsor for the next 100 years will be HMRC

A good friend informs me the kits are Nike and look very nice...

Back