• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Either way it is a shambles.

How can we not have a sponsor on board and a kit ready a little over 3 weeks from kick off.

Loads of teams have started the season without a new kit or sponsor , Port Vale did it 2 seasons ago and got promoted , its not all doom and gloom , as long as we have the players

How do we know we havent got a sponsor ??

Personally, I feel that all will be revealed on Meet the Blues day, ie the new kit (as it normally always is) which will also show the new sponsor !!

Personally, I feel that all will be revealed on Meet the Blues day, ie the new kit (as it normally always is) which will also show the new sponsor !!

All good then. :thumbsup:

Went into the clubshop yesterday and the lady serving there said as
far as she knows the new kit won't be out till the first day of
the season!
:thumbdown:

Because they would announce it.

It is all a bit farcical, we had the chap who works at Insure & Go on here months ago saying it wouldnt be renewed, you would think the club would have had wheels in motion, unless Insure and Go didnt tell the club.

It is all a bit farcical, we had the chap who works at Insure & Go on here months ago saying it wouldnt be renewed, you would think the club would have had wheels in motion, unless Insure and Go didnt tell the club.

True, especially as Ron had to go to Spain to speak to Mapfre about extending the sponsorship last year (http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/310513-insure-and-go-850669.aspx). It should have been clear that a back-up sponsor would need to be scouted in case I&G didn't renew this year.

So would you rather the club released the new shirt at meet the blues day without any sponsorship on it, then released a newer version with the sponsors logo on it a few weeks later?

Now that would be a shambles......

At least we'd have a kit.

And having one without a sponsor would look good and be a nice change but obviously a club our sizes needs a sponsor.

So would you rather the club released the new shirt at meet the blues day without any sponsorship on it, then released a newer version with the sponsors logo on it a few weeks later?

Now that would be a shambles......

No, I would rather the club get their **** together and get a sponsor on board in plenty of time to get the kit ready for launch, before the season begins...

It's not too much to ask is it?

As Jam said above, it was said several months ago that Insure & Go would not be renewing, why has it taken so long to get another sponsor on board?...or not as the case may be....

Back