• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future New 2024/25 kit - sponsored by c2c rail - officially released and available from club shop

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Pretty certain it wouldn’t have been Macron that decided the colours. Many, many people have wanted yellow on the home shirt for a long while and the club have listened.
Many didn't as well. We were never yellow on the home shirts until Vic Jobson put it on to advertise Laing Construction that he was involved with. Gibbo designed the shirts last season and he promoted the yellow that he loves. Now people think we are blue and yellow. This home shirt would have been cracking with blue and white, instead of reminding everyone of Wimbledon.

Many didn't as well. We were never yellow on the home shirts until Vic Jobson put it on to advertise Laing Construction that he was involved with. Gibbo designed the shirts last season and he promoted the yellow that he loves. Now people think we are blue and yellow. This home shirt would have been cracking with blue and white, instead of reminding everyone of Wimbledon.
The yellow was subtile last year. The majority love yellow and blue. This was discussed. We just wanted to move away from the Ron era. I think our blue should be a shade lighter. But, hey. You will always get people that love it and don't. That's life. You saying we clash with Wimbledon. But, u can say the same for West ham and Burnley.

I'm a fan of this seasons. Bravo to the club. The sizes are exactly the same as last season. If it's tight. U put on some timber.

I just wished the shorts are the same shade of blue as the shirt. The socks should of been like the away. main colour blue with yellow. Too much going on. But, im just being critical. Good effort. I do think the quality isn't the best with the shirts. They are the same as last year. If I'm honest, my DH Gate England shirts are a better quality of product.

I just hope we sell a load this season and get promoted in bespoke and quality terms.

It be good if 3 have different templates. Not, the same template with different colourway.

What would be a dream is to ditch Macron and go with Umbro! They are absolutely smashing it.

Is Yellow a Southend colour? Simply for some of us it is. If your of a certain vintage the yellow invokes great memories of the Dave Webb days. I first started watching the Blues when they were just that, obviously with the accompanying white. Yes the history of the introduction of the yellow has it orgins with Vic Jobson although I do recall some yellow with black trimmed away kits before Vics days. I suppose many like me don't think Wimbledon with the yellow but associate with good memories, not forgetting for some it would have been the first colour combination they saw us play in. Being honest I think I would have preferred a white pin strip but still incorporating a yellow trim. Our colours should always be predominantly Blue and White but Yellow has a place in the hearts of a number of the fanbase.

I personally love blue & yellow. But that has a lot to do with the Jobson era you talk of. I started going to the Hall in 1988 when the North bank bounced up and down singing David Webbs yellow blue army. That’s what got me hooked and they are the days I am fond of.
I get that the older generation will remember the original Blue & white colours and feel put off by the Jobson/laing era but I guess everyone’s different.
I think too many teams in blue & white. Blue & yellow is more unique for me. I kind of wish we played in yellow shorts again!

I personally love blue & yellow. But that has a lot to do with the Jobson era you talk of. I started going to the Hall in 1988 when the North bank bounced up and down singing David Webbs yellow blue army. That’s what got me hooked and they are the days I am fond of.
I get that the older generation will remember the original Blue & white colours and feel put off by the Jobson/laing era but I guess everyone’s different.
I think too many teams in blue & white. Blue & yellow is more unique for me. I kind of wish we played in yellow shorts again!
ditto that mate

1988…..North Bank…. blue and yellow Firholm shirt….David Crown….marvellous!

The yellow was subtile last year. The majority love yellow and blue. This was discussed. We just wanted to move away from the Ron era. I think our blue should be a shade lighter. But, hey. You will always get people that love it and don't. That's life. You saying we clash with Wimbledon. But, u can say the same for West ham and Burnley.

I'm a fan of this seasons. Bravo to the club. The sizes are exactly the same as last season. If it's tight. U put on some timber.

I just wished the shorts are the same shade of blue as the shirt. The socks should of been like the away. main colour blue with yellow. Too much going on. But, im just being critical. Good effort. I do think the quality isn't the best with the shirts. They are the same as last year. If I'm honest, my DH Gate England shirts are a better quality of product.

I just hope we sell a load this season and get promoted in bespoke and quality terms.

It be good if 3 have different templates. Not, the same template with different colourway.

What would be a dream is to ditch Macron and go with Umbro! They are absolutely smashing it.
He is not saying we clash with Wimbledon, the current kits just look like theirs from when they were in the Prem.

If the players have asked for a bigger size then the shirts are either smaller or are they put on some timber too?

I'm sorry, but the sizes are not the same as last year. I'm still wearing the shirts from last season and Large fits fine; but a Large this season is way too small

Umbro would be incredible, always been my favourite kit makers, do they do lower leagues though? I noticed Kappa do, they're good too.

I've noticed on Macron website it states:

We do not allow any returns from online or in-store purchases. Please use the size guide before purchasing.
If in-store, please try on garments before purchase.

There's nothing at all about exchanging... I bought my son a kit but although the shorts fit, he needs a size up on the shirt. Also, he pleaded with me to have the same as him so we match lol (I bought him home, and me away) so I'm wondering if I could exchange for the home, if the stock is there. All completely unworn, surely there shouldn't be an issue with that!? I'm going to buy him the socks too if they're in, so they will get more money out of me 💸

Do you not have a legal right to return?

No adult shirts available on the website at all now. Anyone know if there'll be a re-stock before the first match?

Umbro would be incredible, always been my favourite kit makers, do they do lower leagues though? I noticed Kappa do, they're good too.

We do not allow any returns from online or in-store purchases. Please use the size guide before purchasing.

There's nothing at all about exchanging... I bought my son a kit but although the shorts fit, he needs a size up on the shirt. Also, he pleaded with me to have the same as him so we match lol (I bought him home, and me away) so I'm wondering if I could exchange for the home, if the stock is there. All completely unworn, surely there shouldn't be an issue with that!? I'm going to buy him the socks too if they're in, so they will get more money out of me 💸
They have a legal right to refund you (or exchange) regardless of what their website says!

He is not saying we clash with Wimbledon, the current kits just look like theirs from when they were in the Prem.

If the players have asked for a bigger size then the shirts are either smaller or are they put on some timber too?
Correct

I'm sorry, but the sizes are not the same as last year. I'm still wearing the shirts from last season and Large fits fine; but a Large this season is way too small
I have disagree. Mine is identical. The plot thickins! Let's do a poll?

Yes mate. Check out Cambridge, Carlisle and bloody Boston United in our league.

Let's not forget Wimbledon too. Both sets of kits from last season and this. A* for Umbro

Just to update, I popped down the shop at lunch.

2/3 things sorted... they swapped my kids size over, no issue. Swapped my away for home, no issue. Unfortunately didn't have any socks in for my kids size, and didn't know when they were getting them. Not a massive problem, I'll check back on the 10th.

They had 4-5 huge boxes of shirts on the floor ready to put out, so I would say anyone going down there today or tomorrow should be in luck 👍

ditto the above - just got back and they do indeed have several boxes of shirts being unpacked and put out

Swapped my click n collect L for an XL (!!) no problem

Back