• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future New 2024/25 kit - sponsored by c2c rail - officially released and available from club shop

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Popped down - only really Medium adult shirts in both kits, some kids sizes so managed to get my sons.

Store advised remaining stock from the first order placed with Macron due in Wed/Thurs - could be limited in sizes, they were not sure what's coming size wise.

And from what they said it sounds like once that's gone a new order will need to be placed with Macron which would probably be an expected restock for Xmas and not before then.
Not before christmas? Are these hand woven by artisans?

Its 2024 press a button on a machine and make some more shirts.

Popped down - only really Medium adult shirts in both kits, some kids sizes so managed to get my sons.

Store advised remaining stock from the first order placed with Macron due in Wed/Thurs - could be limited in sizes, they were not sure what's coming size wise.

And from what they said it sounds like once that's gone a new order will need to be placed with Macron which would probably be an expected restock for Xmas and not before then.
If that's true that sounds like last year again which is disappointing.

Not before christmas? Are these hand woven by artisans?

Its 2024 press a button on a machine and make some more shirts.
Its 2024 so these shirts aren't made by Taylor & Sons up in London or Manchester. They are no doubt manufactured in Bangladesh / India.

And as its 2024 people want them as cheap as possible and the cheapest method is via boat and that can take 5-6 weeks. Macron may well request all clubs submit re-orders by the end of September and then they may book a shipping container to hold all of the stock that is ordered within this order.

Once in the UK they will then be distributed out to the various clubs for them to place in their club shop.

This all helps to keep the cost down so that the shirt manufacturers make a decent profit on the merchandise.

Its 2024 so these shirts aren't made by Taylor & Sons up in London or Manchester. They are no doubt manufactured in Bangladesh / India.

And as its 2024 people want them as cheap as possible and the cheapest method is via boat and that can take 5-6 weeks. Macron may well request all clubs submit re-orders by the end of September and then they may book a shipping container to hold all of the stock that is ordered within this order.

Once in the UK they will then be distributed out to the various clubs for them to place in their club shop.

This all helps to keep the cost down so that the shirt manufacturers make a decent profit on the merchandise.
Im pretty sure getting a t shirt from anywhere in the world these days should not take 4 months and a hefty profit can still be made.

Their website claims they are made in Italy.

Excellent. Back to the Micky Mouse ways of running a retail outlet we’re all used to. There was me thinking I’ll wait for the rush to die down then wander down to the shop to get shirts for myself and my granddaughter. Sounds like it’s going to have to be a Christmas present then! We have a big enough fan base for there to be a steady demand throughout the season. If that’s true that they’ll only restock twice a year, then it’s yet another revenue opportunity lost. I was at the Col U v Wrexham game last season, and like it or not their shop was impressive and well stocked with home / away / training / goalkeeper kits etc in all sizes, and was doing a roaring trade. It seems with some things we’ll never learn..

We ordered more than 800, that’s how many we sold on the first day. Surely the fact we had some on sale Saturday tells you we ordered more than 800? That’s basic maths.

I’m sure someone said there is another delivery on Monday too. I’m hoping there is already a few in store as I plan on popping down there then.
@BoyWonder2, how did you get on? My intel on new kit coming in looks like it came up short.

@BoyWonder2, how did you get on? My intel on new kit coming in looks like it came up short.

Hardly any adult sizes of either shirt. Few kid sizes, but my eldest son had zero interest in trying one on, and absolutely nothing in the shop for a almost one year old.

Did take a walk around Roots Hall and a couple of people were cleaning out the programme hut, and we got a load of few programmes that needed chucking.

Hardly any adult sizes of either shirt. Few kid sizes, but my eldest son had zero interest in trying one on, and absolutely nothing in the shop for a almost one year old.

Did take a walk around Roots Hall and a couple of people were cleaning out the programme hut, and we got a load of few programmes that needed chucking.
Sorry mate, I genuinely believed new stuff was arriving.

Excellent. Back to the Micky Mouse ways of running a retail outlet we’re all used to. There was me thinking I’ll wait for the rush to die down then wander down to the shop to get shirts for myself and my granddaughter. Sounds like it’s going to have to be a Christmas present then! We have a big enough fan base for there to be a steady demand throughout the season. If that’s true that they’ll only restock twice a year, then it’s yet another revenue opportunity lost. I was at the Col U v Wrexham game last season, and like it or not their shop was impressive and well stocked with home / away / training / goalkeeper kits etc in all sizes, and was doing a roaring trade. It seems with some things we’ll never learn..
That's one way of looking at it.

Of course, you could always give the new owners a chance to sort things out. They've only been in control of the club for a couple of weeks and done loads already. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the club shop still franchised out to Macron? I believe Justin mentioned it at the night at the Cliffs and said there isn't a great deal of changes they can make until the contract ends.

Sorry mate, I genuinely believed new stuff was arriving.

No worries. Was waiting to shell out £140 on three new tops before we go away this weekend. Don’t think they do anything at all for almost 1 year olds. That’s something that needs to be looked at going forward.

The guy said later in the week, but didn’t know exactly what day.

Back