• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

I think the timing was done in purpose by the NL. They will know that the consortium are considering paying £500k of Ron’s debt. If they go ahead and pay that and then issue this statement the consortium are in an even harder position. By timing it now they’re giving them advance warning that IF you choose to clear the WUP then you will also have to pay a £1 million bond.

I wouldn’t want to see anyone pay off Ron’s debt but we all want to see the club survive. The consortium have been brilliant so far so at least they know what they’re walking into.

We’ll have an answer by Wednesday, if they pay the £500k we’ll know they’re willing to pay the £1 million.

I feel the National League are very clear in their message to RM and Co "The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season" So, the consortium take over to the satisfactory requirements of the League, the bond is released back to the Club,
The release is drafted to the same standard as their rules- does it say when the bond has to be paid? Is it just before the season starts? In which case deal goes through by then and never paid. Or does it mean paid now? If that then it’s outrageous, if the former would almost be helpful if only the WUP didn’t exist. At best it poor timing.

This is probably the worse news we have had in this sorry saga.. and yet. Completely numb. I just hope if the club goes Ron and his family get what they deserve

I’ve always throughout the whole saga just about thought it would be ok, that we’d get through somehow.

But not now. We are done for, I’m certain of it.

And I totally understand the call for protests, if I were there and not the other side of the world I’d be marching on Benfleet as we speak. Ultimately though I think that’s just satisfying a need and desire to do SOMETHING but don’t think it will make any difference.

Just as importantly what advancements have been made with the 🐀 since Fridays update that he had moved closer to the red lines.
The million, the 500k all mean nothing if he’s reverted to type and started stalling again

If by some miracle the consortium have received security from the Martins then we have no issue. I can dream!

Last edited:
Back