• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

The NL are idiots. This really doesn't help. But, we've (and I include rat in that) known they're idiots for ages. So why give them the opportunity to prove it again? Why take that risk?

Why should rat expect everyone else to play nicely when he doesn't?

You might be one of the 7 who protested last time, but there are consistently more people who moan about lack of protests on SZ and Twitter than ever turn up to the protests which happen. Why is that?
I think many supporters are spread wide apart, many don’t live in Essex. Just a take on the subject.
It would be interesting to know how many supporters actually live in the county.

Ron martin only know one way of playing .Thats dirty .Like a lot of kids Its my ball and if you dont play by my rules .I will take my ball home .Ron Martin your just like a spoilt bratAnd even that statment is to good for the likes of you .

I think the bottom line is that the National League's ancestry as the old Southern League and Northern Premier League, made up of higher-end amateur and semi-professional clubs, never really prepared it for an annual influx of long-established professional clubs from the Football League and it still has not adapted sufficiently to the world of fully professional football. In the old days before automatic promotion and relegation with the bottom division of the Football League, they would only get the odd club not re-elected to the Football League (e.g. Gateshead, Accrington, Bradford Park Avenue etc) dropping down every once in a while. To draw an analogy, you might have a very good Parish Council that does a great job at maintaining local village facilities on a small budget but would struggle to run a more complex higher tier of government with bigger responsibilities and a bigger budget, such as a County Council.

The Football Association should be playing a far more proactive role in ensuring that an almost entirely professional National League is administered by an appropriately professional governing body with a crystal-clear set of rules, regulations and sanctions.

Which is why i guess they want it, i am guessing as am shocked too. I was assuming thats what they take into account when setting it, squad salaries etc, policing et al.
That was for year ending July 23. Squad was much smaller last season, one would hope losses were also smaller

That was for year ending July 23. Squad was much smaller last season, one would hope losses were also smaller
I do not disagree, i am just speculating as to why so Hugh and what is taking into account. I would assume (as much as it is laughable at times) they are trying to protect the integrity of the league

Is it time for a ‘Just stop oil’ type protest?

We need national press coverage, right now

Blocking roads (A127 / A13)
Blue paint - EVERYWHERE
Mass March to RM house (similar to numbers in the high street)
Take over Southend Pier

Personally I cannot see a way out right now. Best case is we get a massive points deduction, embargo continues, players leave and we will be in the the same
position in the NLS this time next year.

Worst case we know
A fair question , but sinking to the level of “just stop oil” may backfire. Blocking roads and blue paint antics will deservedly get us a lot of negative feedback. We don’t need to antagonise the average working guy/gal by stopping them getting to places, or vandalising their environment**. We need their support. I was coming round to a much greener attitude, and was on the point of selling all my BP and Shell shares. Then JSO started their criminal vandalism and disruption. So I doubled my shareholding in response….. and felt all the better for it.

** I’m all for blue paint being chucked at one particular location in Essex …that shall remain nameless! 😂😂

Back