• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

It’s a hell of a lot better than a year ago. There was no concrete buyers at the start of last season. We had just enough players to field a team, had to have players on non contract terms and staff and players missing wages.
It's only better on the surface because COSU are propping up the club. With his discussions went last Friday, there was/is a change they could walk away. With that threat looming, the NL were always going to act. It's awful, there's no getting away from it. It's heartbreaking.

Saw Kev and john still arriving at the training ground around 6:30 this evening, didn’t expect to see them walking from waitrose to the training ground, must be drawing up plans for the new season🤷🏻‍♂️

It's only better on the surface because COSU are propping up the club. With his discussions went last Friday, there was/is a change they could walk away. With that threat looming, the NL were always going to act. It's awful, there's no getting away from it. It's heartbreaking.
Why could they not have waited until after Wednesday though? If there is another adjournment I would understand it. But two days before the court hearing with COSU and the council working behind the scenes to try and sort this.

This diverts their attention elsewhere and if I’m honest, I wouldn’t blame COSU for walking away.

I feel the National League are very clear in their message to RM and Co "The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season" So, the consortium take over to the satisfactory requirements of the League, the bond is released back to the Club,

Something doesn't smell quite right about this, particularly with no mention of a deadline or any penalty for non-compliance.

I wonder if the consortium have got the NL onside and have requested they give the rats a bit of a hurry-up.
I actually thought this myself reading it.

As in why would it mention the consortium at all - it would just say it needs to be paid by the club.

Added pressure which is great, and also the final note saying it can be appealed.

The only thing Ron is actually good at is delaying things, so I wouldn't stress to be honest about this affecting things before Wednesday.

I also note there wasn't a deadline either for it to be paid by.

I feel the National League are very clear in their message to RM and Co "The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season" So, the consortium take over to the satisfactory requirements of the League, the bond is released back to the Club,
But where exactly are we going to get the £1million from in the first place?

Well done Ron you have shown what you are all about there is not one decent bone in your body you have killed a club that people love and live for
Hopefully the consortium know something we don’t yet that’s all we have left to hope for now

Wednesday's High Court outcome becomes even more important now, if that was at all possible!

I didn't think I could feel any more animosity towards Jack and Ron Martin, turns out I was so wrong. I wish them both total financial ruin and bad luck and health for the remainder of their miserable lives.

Why could they not have waited until after Wednesday though? If there is another adjournment I would understand it. But two days before the court hearing with COSU and the council working behind the scenes to try and sort this.

This diverts their attention elsewhere and if I’m honest, I wouldn’t blame COSU for walking away.
Agreed, the timing is weird. The only thing I can think of, is they are pressuring Ron. Obviously he won't care, but like the council, it seems everyone has had enough. COSU, the council and now the NL have all given ultimatums in the last few weeks. If that doesn't make him budge, nothing will.

Reactions: jnl
Why do i get the feeling , that Wednesday is gonna become irrelevant with this announcement, we havent heard anything from the council or COSU today and then this appears?
Got a bad feeling we have administration coming tomorrow. :-( :-(

• Sad
Reactions: jnl
This is an important part:

The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season.
But when does the bond need to be paid? If it’s just before the season starts it’s one thing, if it’s now it’s another? In fact how can they release the statement with no attaching dates/timelines- clearly drafted by the same people who drafted the league rules…

Back