• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

Looks like the only way out of this is to lodge an appeal, ask for an adjournment and pray to God that both are accepted and that this buys enough time for the deal to be concluded. COSU were willing to pay to get rid of the WUP (well at least some of them were) but they aren’t paying this.
Adjournment under the circumstances has to be the way out of this. And maybe this is the NL’s way of applying yet more pressure to getting this sorted out. If they don’t allow an adjournment in the current situation then the NL will have some blood on their hands if (and I hope it’s if) this club goes under.

Looks like the only way out of this is to lodge an appeal, ask for an adjournment and pray to God that both are accepted and that this buys enough time for the deal to be concluded. COSU were willing to pay to get rid of the WUP (well at least some of them were) but they aren’t paying this.
This is the only way forward that I see. The issue I think will be proving to the judge that tangible progress has (yet again, but really this time, honest 🙄) been made. The difficulty I see is that the requirement to post 1m bond which we clearly don't have if you take a glance at the latest accounts changes the picture significantly.

No surprise that NL have made this statement although timing is odd as I thought it might happen after the court hearing.However more pressure on the Martin's to agree to get this done.The council have made there position clear will the Martins respond or continue to drag there feet if they do I dread to think what will happen
I actually disagree, for COSU this is very good timing. Tribal Chief has just said the majority of consortium were happy to pay WUP but no way would they fund this extra £million.
This allows them to reflect on the way forwards knowing all cards are on the table. Imagine if they paid the £500k only to find out about the million bond a day or two later

@CllrDanielCowan Ron Martin, Julie Martin, Jack Martin and Tom Martin will pay for this. Thanks to them I’m in tears!!!! TIME TO RIOT AT THEIR OWN HOUSE GUYS!
No no no that not as per ShrimpersTrust Board protocol. At a time like this we need to sit on our hands and just make sure that we continue working with all parties and make sure we keep it between board members only

I actually disagree, for COSU this is very good timing. Tribal Chief has just said the majority of consortium were happy to pay WUP but no way would they fund this extra £million.
This allows them to reflect on the way forwards knowing all cards are on the table. Imagine if they paid the £500k only to find out about the million bond a day or two later

If they paid the winding up petition it would meet the requirement of the bond ie the club can meet it's obligations.

There would therefore be no need for a bond. It's not paying the WUP that has created a need for a bond in the first place.

If The Consortium are handed the Club and can prove they have the funds to get through the season then the Bond won't be required. It had been reported many posts ago, that we were in dialogue with the League, so COSU might have been aware of the League's intention.

If they paid the winding up petition it would meet the requirement of the bond ie the club can meet it's obligations.

There would therefore be no need for a bond. It's not paying the WUP that has created a need for a bond in the first place.
I think you have that wrong, the conditions are ssle of club to consortium is completed or club can prove it has the funds, verified independently to complete the season.
Paying the WUP on its own won’t nullify the bond

I think you have that wrong, the conditions are ssle of club to consortium is completed or club can prove it has the funds, verified independently to complete the season.
Paying the WUP on its own won’t nullify the bond

Of course not but continuing to pay all bills, wages and WUP will.

We are currently at 2 out of 3

Of course not but continuing to pay all bills, wages and WUP will.

We are currently at 2 out of 3
The league are asking for proof funds are there to pay wages and bills every week of the season, hence the bond as they don’t think the club can, the fact that bills are being paid at the moment is irrelevant as they know it’s not club paying them at this moment in time

We don't need to pay anything - we can take the other punishment instead!

Not much to add from other posters, seems a really odd move from the NL. Why £1m, why now, why not other loss making clubs? What did they see in the accounts that alarmed them versus season before accounts?

Back