• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

This is an important part:

The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season.
I read that as - if Ron sells to the JR et al, then we won’t have the pay for £1m bond and we all can move on. I read it as forcing the Rats hand?

It amazes me that Southend United FC is allowed to be dragged through the mud and penalised because we have an owner that doesn`t give a toss about the club and financially has ruined it.

It doesn`t rain it pours.

How is accepting a club that may not fulfil it's fixtures or be able to pay their staff safeguarding their league? We are all annoyed but I really don't think they have a choice. On the outside the position is awful.

Of course we are the ones that suffer and we are all feeling it but clubs can't just get away with things because corrupt, cretinous owners will/have taken advantage.
Last season we were in that position, outside of the WUP what evidence is there that we wouldn’t be able to fulfil fixtures and pay staff? Correct me if I am wrong but all wages are currently up to date!

So if an ownership agreement with the Consortium is made to the satisfaction of the league, then no Bond required. In someways this pushes Martin to get the deal done, it’s clear the league don’t want him involved any longer
And the NL statement fails to mention a date..so probably as I say sale must conclude before start of next season- so no point SCC suggesting 8 weeks for DD- they have may 5-6 for everything DD, external audit and signing contracts.

So our Club does not have a pot to p*ss in and the National F*cking League want £1,000,000 as financial insurance so we can start the season. If you wrote a novel using our clubs history people just would not believe it.

Back