• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League statement - 24 June 2024

Anyone in this thread who has (or will subsequently) call out the NL for this need to give their head a wobble. Same as when we got points off, embargo's etc.

Its OUR fault. Not theirs.
They’ve had ages to do this. Months. Years even. Dumping it on us now at this crucial point is ****ing criminal. I think it’s your head that needs wobbling.

They’ve had ages to do this. Months. Years even. Dumping it on us now at this crucial point is ****ing criminal. I think it’s your head that needs wobbling.
Nope - its all got to be drawn to a head at some point. Too many parties have been lenient for too long and its why we are here. Martin laughing his **** off as he continues to string people along giving him another chance or more time.

Times up.

I get you're hugely frustrated and annoyed, as we all are, but we can't blame the NL. They have to safeguard their league. The only 'joke' is us as a club thanks to Ron. We've been a laughing stock for years. Since being in the NL, we've not paid staff, players or our bills. This kind of thing was always going to happen. In their eyes, why would they take the risk of letting us enter their league when there is no solid foundation that this hell will finish? Like COSU, they want a guarantee that we can fulfill our obligations as a member of their league. Only one person/family to blame here.
Bollocks!

You can blame the league! This new development could be the icing on the cake to make COSU walk away! They have done nothing put try and kill us off. It’s the actions of 2 ****s, yet it’s the fans who suffer. How is killing off the club safeguarding their league?

So if an ownership agreement with the Consortium is made to the satisfaction of the league, then no Bond required. In someways this pushes Martin to get the deal done, it’s clear the league don’t want him involved any longer
There is already a sale agreement- so that matters one jot it appears. Only completion. I can’t see a deadline for the bond to be paid? Presumably before the season starts which then provides an absolute deadline for the sale to complete?
Which would in a way be almost helpful except given the WUP it’s precisely the opposite?

Anyone in this thread who has (or will subsequently) call out the NL for this need to give their head a wobble. Same as when we got points off, embargo's etc.

How about you give your head a wobble! This could effectively make the consortium walk away. They could’ve at least waited until after Wednesday!

Nope - its all got to be drawn to a head at some point. Too many parties have been lenient for too long and its why we are here. Martin laughing his **** off as he continues to string people along giving him another chance or more time.

Times up.
That time was ages ago.

This is an important part:

The bond shall remain in place until the sooner of (i) an ownership agreement with the consortium currently in talks with the Club being successfully concluded, to the satisfaction of the National League and the FA; or (ii) the Club demonstrating, to the satisfaction of the National League, that is has sufficient financial resources within its own means to meet its financial obligations for the forthcoming Season.

I will call them out.

They make their own rules as they go along.

Have you ever heard of or seen this issued to any other club?

Bollocks!

You can blame the league! This new development could be the icing on the cake to make COSU walk away! They have done nothing put try and kill us off. It’s the actions of 2 ****s, yet it’s the fans who suffer. How is killing off the club safeguarding their league?
How is accepting a club that may not fulfil it's fixtures or be able to pay their staff safeguarding their league? We are all annoyed but I really don't think they have a choice. On the outside the position is awful.

Of course we are the ones that suffer and we are all feeling it but clubs can't just get away with things because corrupt, cretinous owners will/have taken advantage.

Back