• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

Any comment on the Lloyds thingy about holding back income and only paying it on a match by match basis , previously Ron bigged this up as a major problem but also inferred a new mateship with the bloke at Lloyds and he was confident of fixing this quickly?

Confirmed that Charlie Kelman downed tools, refused to play and refused to go to the gym.

Gee, if that's true then what pathetic immature actions and what disrespect for the club, the manager.....and the fans.
I’m really surprised Ron has come out and said this, was it an answer to a direct question? I stuck up quite a bit for Charlie on here as last season, he was one of few who seemed to give a **** whilst many of the players who got us relegated by going through the motions and even laughing at our club got away with what I saw as limited criticism. He’s also (just) 19 and the first team - to be fair - has hardly been a great place for young players to develop recently due to the huge pressures and expectations (which will hopefully change). We should’ve learnt with Cox not to keep players against their will. It never works. In my view Charlie built up enough credit and the ‘unique’ circumstances at the club meant he didn’t deserve the pelters that he’ll now probably get. I mean look at Lennon last season..people take things too far and this maybe should’ve been just left. Just my humble opinion.

On the recruitment front we're a bit screwed.

Yes, I think January will be too late. But if we brought in unattached players that haven't played since March (or longer if they weren't playing for their previous club... which is likely if they were let go of), and haven't had proper training for more than half a year, they'll need until January to be fit. This would be minimum. They could pick up injuries like Akinola and take even longer.

It’s this bit that I find fascinating

Not too much to add to this really. He remains convinced that he has the right management team in and that he will continue to back them, and believes things will turn around eventually. Continued to say that MM hasn't got anywhere near the right ingredients on the pitch and intimated that a lot of contracts and loans have been until January because many of those players were necessities as opposed to being necessarily the types of player that MM wanted or inside his top 2 or 3 options. 6 month contracts and loans means the club can replace them with players higher up MM's shortlist in January.

Why you may ask. Well you can you offer short term contracts that end say in January?

Here’s the FA rules on the length of players contracts

Form G(1) – Registration for One Calendar Month

A registration for a period of one calendar month is effected when The Association receives Form
“G(1)” (in such form as shall be published by The Association from time to time), signed by the Player.

C1.5 Form G(2) – Registration Exceeding One Calendar Month
A registration for a period in excess of one calendar month is effected when The Association receives Form “G(2)” (in such form as shall be published by The Association from time to time), signed by the Player. Such a registration must terminate on the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last league or knock-out Competition match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, or on 30th June in any calendar year.

As others have said, it was a surprisingly upbeat meeting - Ron clearly can't speak highly enough of Mark and his team.

Thought Paul Fitz did an excellent job.

Very little to add except I wasn't sure why we had to wait for "low" temperatures on the way in - there's not a minimum temperature requirement is there?!

Any comment on the Lloyds thingy about holding back income and only paying it on a match by match basis , previously Ron bigged this up as a major problem but also inferred a new mateship with the bloke at Lloyds and he was confident of fixing this quickly?

There was quite a bit on this actually, Ron said he's actually quite glad they are holding it because if people start wanting refunds, then it's effectively not money he's got to find!

Pretty sure the Trust will now be taking up the away ticket refunds which are still outstanding from Rotherham and Ipswich.

Sounds like a very positive meeting to me. So well done to all concerned. Ron and MM for allowing it and for you guys who asked the right question. Special mention to those that have posted on here with facts rather than opinion. In these dark times for all of us its important to start with facts.....Opinions can come later.

The big plus point for me is its sounds like we can survive financially. Which is more important this season than how many points you have.

Rather than baseless, repetitive slagging by a small group on every thread, this is what the Zone should be about. Its a nice winters morning out there but this has just made it better for me....Enjoy your last 48hrs of freedom because anything can happen between now and Christmas.

Sounds like a very positive meeting to me. So well done to all concerned. Ron and MM for allowing it and for you guys who asked the right question. Special mention to those that have posted on here with facts rather than opinion. In these dark times for all of us its important to start with facts.....Opinions can come later.

The big plus point for me is its sounds like we can survive financially. Which is more important this season than how many points you have.

Rather than baseless, repetitive slagging by a small group on every thread, this is what the Zone should be about. Its a nice winters morning out there but this has just made it better for me....Enjoy your last 48hrs of freedom because anything can happen between now and Christmas.

IYO and If you are a duck.

Well done Paul Fitz.

No surprise re Kelman (it showed).

Who bailed Ron out by firing another question when he was on the ropes - the customary plant?

He does talk a load of bollocks at times.

IIRC, during the summer transfer window we were told that it doesn't matter that we're under an embargo because it will be lifted and we'll be able to sign lots of players outside of the window because there will be a large number of free agents. Now he's saying that free agents aren't fit and are prone to injury and we need to wait until January. How long does he want to keep kicking the can down the road?

Moreover, how will we be able to afford to buy non-free agents in January? That will mean potentially having to pay a fee for a player who is under contract. How are we going to afford that? Can he even guarantee that we'll be embargo-free by then?

IYO and If you are a duck.

Apologies Cricko. At the time I was looking East, down the Estuary, when i had that thought. Even the mud looks great with bright winter sun on it. 20mins later and just when I hit the send button, the rain starting lashing against the windows.

Sort of reflects most of the games i've watched this season......Have a good day.

Paul F pushed him hard on the exact source of the money used to pay off HMRC. He got s bit shaky, looked at his feet, 'ummed' and seemed like he was about to answer

Ron has been dropping a few 3-2-1 style cryptic clues in his comments recently.

I wonder if the money came from Hi-Tec

Not too much to add to this really. He remains convinced that he has the right management team in and that he will continue to back them, and believes things will turn around eventually. Continued to say that MM hasn't got anywhere near the right ingredients on the pitch and intimated that a lot of contracts and loans have been until January because many of those players were necessities as opposed to being necessarily the types of player that MM wanted or inside his top 2 or 3 options. 6 month contracts and loans means the club can replace them with players higher up MM's shortlist in January.

Also remains convinced that things are looking great off the pitch and that this month's meeting with the council followed by an exchange of contracts in December will lead to full planning permission in the new year.

The Redknapp thing was interesting. Referred to Bond's tenure as "the Harry Redknapp" show.

Confirmed that Charlie Kelman downed tools, refused to play and refused to go to the gym.

Offered an interesting viewpoint on Ben Clarkson. Said nobody disputes what a good physio he is but that he was almost too friendly with the players to the point where a lot of them preferred being in the treatment room. Says he feels Ben is more of an 'Academy physio' and that the first team requires somebody who will push players more through rehabilitation. Wasn't sure what to make of that to be honest.

Paul F pushed him hard on the exact source of the money used to pay off HMRC. He got s bit shaky, looked at his feet, 'ummed' and seemed like he was about to answer at last when somebody else cut across with a different question and gave him the opportunity to get sidetracked. So frustrating! Would love to know where that money (and the money keeping the club afloat) is coming from and he seemed very reluctant to say.
Shocking to hear that about Kelman. I know he’s only 18, but that is truly unprofessional.

Gee, if that's true then what pathetic immature actions and what disrespect for the club, the manager.....and the fans.

He was so sulky against Morecambe, when we was 1-0 up and he cost us the game, that he didn’t stop their defender from starting a move lead to first goal and did an brilliant pass to their winner ???‍♂️

He does talk a load of bollocks at times.

IIRC, during the summer transfer window we were told that it doesn't matter that we're under an embargo because it will be lifted and we'll be able to sign lots of players outside of the window because there will be a large number of free agents. Now he's saying that free agents aren't fit and are prone to injury and we need to wait until January. How long does he want to keep kicking the can down the road?

Moreover, how will we be able to afford to buy non-free agents in January? That will mean potentially having to pay a fee for a player who is under contract. How are we going to afford that? Can he even guarantee that we'll be embargo-free by then?

These free agents would take any money to get back into pro side, we would help them by putting them in shop window, they would help us on the pitch.

Back