• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

These free agents would take any money to get back into pro side, we would help them by putting them in shop window, they would help us on the pitch.

No, apparently there is a huge draw to playing abroad at the moment. We know Jermaine McGlashan has just gone out to play in Cyprus, and I believe Turkey was also talked about as a place for out of contract players.

Sounds like a very positive meeting to me. So well done to all concerned. Ron and MM for allowing it and for you guys who asked the right question. Special mention to those that have posted on here with facts rather than opinion. In these dark times for all of us its important to start with facts.....Opinions can come later.

The big plus point for me is its sounds like we can survive financially. Which is more important this season than how many points you have.

Rather than baseless, repetitive slagging by a small group on every thread, this is what the Zone should be about. Its a nice winters morning out there but this has just made it better for me....Enjoy your last 48hrs of freedom because anything can happen between now and Christmas.

Ron is always very impressive when I have heard him speak, he definitely has a talent for it. I am not surprised that the people in attendance have come on here generally positive. You are right that facts are important and that works both for and against Ron. There are parallels between this and last season in the promise of a shake up in January and new improved players coming in. I believe Ron touted up to 7 last January and it didn't happen. So the fact is that he has made this promise before and not delivered. There are many instances of Ron saying things that do not come to fruition so the fact he says it does not make it fact. Not having a pop at you Rigsby but I can understand why some of the fan base scoff at what Ron says.

Would like to hear Charlies view, before we hang him out

Easy to get first shot in

Indeed, it depends on what he was promised last January. Stay, give it a go and try and save us. We will not stand in your way come May. He ends up suffering because of the Sol/Ron factor, whilst seeing well paid senior pros take the complete p***. He also sees them downing tools and getting exactly what they want.

Then you end up not being paid, cant even train let alone play whilst other young lads of your age are protected by the PL and Championship.......You don't always get a second chance in football and your being told you aren't going anywhere.

As I know from personal experience, industrial action is sometime your last and only option. You become a victim of your own professionalism and certain people will take advantage of that. They are safe in the knowledge that Joe public will never know the full facts and are to quick to blame those at the coal face.

Its safe to say the CK drama has a lot if script we will never see. So I for one wish him well....Its still in our interest.

Something I recall reading in the match reports with some regularity after the rumours of a possible CK move started was how his general demeanour/attitude totally changed virtually overnight - he was getting thoroughly slated from the get-go of him coming on the pitch for showing little to no effort.

So regarding the CK statement from RM, I wonder if they stopped paying him after refusing to well, do anything, for the club. And whether this would - or should - apply to any player who takes a similar stance...... I only ask this as I'm sure we all recall RM's call for all and sundry to give 100% effort at all times or get off the bus.......

I should add, I'm not having a dig at CK - he's just a kid and acted like one - but if RM's after changing the culture within the club......

With regards to January recruitment I raised the point that it is usually a market for the seller and the desperate and how did we propose to sign players who are under contract elsewhere.

He said this will be a very different year (I don't disagree) and that many clubs will be keen to allow players to leave to get them off the wage bill. He reckons we will be able to offer players better deals.

We shall see.

Ron is always very impressive when I have heard him speak, he definitely has a talent for it. I am not surprised that the people in attendance have come on here generally positive. You are right that facts are important and that works both for and against Ron. There are parallels between this and last season in the promise of a shake up in January and new improved players coming in. I believe Ron touted up to 7 last January and it didn't happen. So the fact is that he has made this promise before and not delivered. There are many instances of Ron saying things that do not come to fruition so the fact he says it does not make it fact. Not having a pop at you Rigsby but I can understand why some of the fan base scoff at what Ron says.

I'm not bothered by January signings, as I wasn't last year. As I said its finances and planning permission that will save us.

Something I recall reading in the match reports with some regularity after the rumours of a possible CK move started was how his general demeanour/attitude totally changed virtually overnight - he was getting thoroughly slated from the get-go of him coming on the pitch for showing little to no effort.

So regarding the CK statement from RM, I wonder if they stopped paying him after refusing to well, do anything, for the club. And whether this would - or should - apply to any player who takes a similar stance...... I only ask this as I'm sure we all recall RM's call for all and sundry to give 100% effort at all times or get off the bus.......

I should add, I'm not having a dig at CK - he's just a kid and acted like one - but if RM's after changing the culture within the club......
I'm afraid the fact the MM, TP & RM have said it, and as important what we could see on the pitch with our own eyes, plus his mysterious absence from the team, make this very very likely the case. On one hand he is young, on the other there isn't a rule that says it compulsory to act badly based on age. And don't as always discount the role of agents in all this.

However, and a big however, he is an ex-player so in a way I don't care. If he was still here no doubt he would get a world of flak but he isn't. Which should save us from many a post.

One of the best things to come out of this was the acknowledgment by MM that we need big players at either end of the pitch. Presume a big striker and similar central defender.
I am strangely pleased to hear this- yes its obvious- but its none the less good to hear

So was the important question answered. How long can he afford to keep the club running without any external investment outside of his companies?

Confirmed that Charlie Kelman downed tools, refused to play and refused to go to the gym.

Gee, if that's true then what pathetic immature actions and what disrespect for the club, the manager.....and the fans.

When the chairman treats staff with no respect should we expect those employees to treat the employer the same way. This is one of the core reasons for the toxic environment SUFC have.

Not making excuses for Kelman, i dont agree with it. However he isnt the root cause.

Indeed, it depends on what he was promised last January. Stay, give it a go and try and save us. We will not stand in your way come May. He ends up suffering because of the Sol/Ron factor, whilst seeing well paid senior pros take the complete p***. He also sees them downing tools and getting exactly what they want.

Then you end up not being paid, cant even train let alone play whilst other young lads of your age are protected by the PL and Championship.......You don't always get a second chance in football and your being told you aren't going anywhere.

As I know from personal experience, industrial action is sometime your last and only option. You become a victim of your own professionalism and certain people will take advantage of that. They are safe in the knowledge that Joe public will never know the full facts and are to quick to blame those at the coal face.

Its safe to say the CK drama has a lot if script we will never see. So I for one wish him well....Its still in our interest.
Agree with much of this- however, the danger is whilst a player can become a victim of his own professionalism if ultimately that very professionalism becomes the victim this is what gets remembered. I know he will want it to be a one off, the best managers put great store by a players character and there are only so many free passes.

He is an ex-player now so hopefully the number of posts will as result minimised and the reaction muted.

I'm afraid the fact the MM, TP & RM have said it, and as important what we could see on the pitch with our own eyes, plus his mysterious absence from the team, make this very very likely the case. On one hand he is young, on the other there isn't a rule that says it compulsory to act badly based on age. And don't as always discount the role of agents in all this.
Yeah, very very high chance that he was told to do this by his agent, unfortunately.

When the chairman treats staff with no respect should we expect those employees to treat the employer the same way. This is one of the core reasons for the toxic environment SUFC have.

Not making excuses for Kelman, i dont agree with it. However he isnt the root cause.
I guess a question that could be asked is do the fans who pay to watch deserve any respect? We demand it from Ron quite rightly? But is it not us who ultimately pay the wages as much as Ron? So when a player downs tools on the pitch are they not disrespecting us just as much?

He's gone - so hopefully we can save ourselves a thousand posts on who is most to blame..

Back