• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

Serious question - is that really any of our business?
As importantly it is probably quite confidential financial information. In the end I think we could all hazard a guess it's from our rather wealthy partners in the grand development. I seem to remember some sort of intercompany arrangement/guarantee being put in place a while ago that would facilitate such a transfer. And its almost certainly where the £800k will come from.

It doesn't pay however to share such information in the public domain when you then have to have discussions with various creditors and potential creditors, not to mention other clubs, agents etc. All entirely normal.

Indeed, it depends on what he was promised last January. Stay, give it a go and try and save us. We will not stand in your way come May. He ends up suffering because of the Sol/Ron factor, whilst seeing well paid senior pros take the complete p***. He also sees them downing tools and getting exactly what they want.

Then you end up not being paid, cant even train let alone play whilst other young lads of your age are protected by the PL and Championship.......You don't always get a second chance in football and your being told you aren't going anywhere.

As I know from personal experience, industrial action is sometime your last and only option. You become a victim of your own professionalism and certain people will take advantage of that. They are safe in the knowledge that Joe public will never know the full facts and are to quick to blame those at the coal face.

Its safe to say the CK drama has a lot if script we will never see. So I for one wish him well....Its still in our interest.

as I see it CK was highly impressed by Sol and when he saw the whole of the Zone turn against me because I murmured a few words in his defence he said "Sod it - I am with Rayleigh boy on this " and walked.

Of course I nearly drowned in tears of pride.

Yes, clearly more steathily involvement than we realised!

It did also cross my mind that he might have been the candidate for CEO that RM mentioned but wouldn't name.

I thought that, but for some reason I doubt he would be CEO. Maybe DoF, but what is the real difference thinking about it?

well I reckon RM is happy cos the big deal with all the flats/houses is coming off and he

reckons he will be awash with cash and buy us out of the hole we are in ...

Serious question - is that really any of our business?

I think we're entitled to know whether the club we support owes this money back to Ron (personally), or one of his other co.s (and which one). Where he, or they, obtain the funds from would probably be classed as confidential. In which case, he should explain it's confidential, when asked.

well I reckon RM is happy cos the big deal with all the flats/houses is coming off and he

Was you at the meeting ? Did he say the flats/houses is coming off ? Did he say, that when he's awash with cash he will buy us out of the hole we are in ?

I reckon you posted this because you got no reaction 2hrs ago.

P.s be careful with your style of writing because some on here might think your also Shrimpet.

I reckon you posted this because you got no reaction 2hrs ago.

P.s be careful with your style of writing because some on here might think your also Shrimpet.

mate - I waste enough of my time on here without doing two accounts or three ..

also it is very true I was gutted that my witty and quite subtly expressive post got no reaction - but I can't remember if you are dyed in the wool "MM is the greatest ever" or one of the agenda to get "Sol out" people ...

either way we share a miserable existence at 92nd in a league of 92 so I will focus on that for a few minutes and stop worrying about WTF soldiers are being sent to Liverpool ..

BTW - I was also right about Sainsburys ;-)

Indeed, it depends on what he was promised last January. Stay, give it a go and try and save us. We will not stand in your way come May. He ends up suffering because of the Sol/Ron factor, whilst seeing well paid senior pros take the complete p***. He also sees them downing tools and getting exactly what they want.

Then you end up not being paid, cant even train let alone play whilst other young lads of your age are protected by the PL and Championship.......You don't always get a second chance in football and your being told you aren't going anywhere.

As I know from personal experience, industrial action is sometime your last and only option. You become a victim of your own professionalism and certain people will take advantage of that. They are safe in the knowledge that Joe public will never know the full facts and are to quick to blame those at the coal face.

Its safe to say the CK drama has a lot if script we will never see. So I for one wish him well....Its still in our interest.
Oh dear...footballers acting in a selfish and unprofessional manner....who would have thought it?
CK is not the first and will not be the last. As the man said about politics...' if you are looking for loyalty get a dog'!
Managing, and, managing properly, is one tough gig!

Kelman downing tools is very interesting. Quite surprising too! Regardless I still want him to go on to be a success because we benefit from his success.

Kelman downing tools is very interesting. Quite surprising too! Regardless I still want him to go on to be a success because we benefit from his success.

Didn't Ron also claim that Barnard downed tools? Which Barnard denied.

We are getting one side of the story, which is Ron's side.

Back