• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

If the new stadium does get built will the club own the freehold of the stadium?
I ask this as I want a long term viable future for the club when Ron eventually sells the club to new owner/s, who wouldn’t want to find themselves having to lease the stadium off one of Ron’s companies.

Good question. I would imagine the answer is yes. My belief is that the ground and training facilities will be owned by the club. The residential will be owned by RM. He'll make millions, but SUFC will be debt free and have an asset they can use all year round. The asset is the stadium which will have conference facilities, and flat built into it. I think also the dome that can be hired out.

However, if you ask any of the board members, my understanding is that they can't answer your question since RM refuses to answer the same questions when even they ask.

My belief is purely speculation on my side.

Could the club sell family tickets for the executive boxes?

Could raise a grand or so each home game and every little helps.

Middlesbrough did this, but you aren't allowed to watch the game live , you have to watch it on a TV in the box with blinds up so you can't see the pitch ....

No idea why

Good question. I would imagine the answer is yes. My belief is that the ground and training facilities will be owned by the club. The residential will be owned by RM. He'll make millions, but SUFC will be debt free and have an asset they can use all year round. The asset is the stadium which will have conference facilities, and flat built into it. I think also the dome that can be hired out.

However, if you ask any of the board members, my understanding is that they can't answer your question since RM refuses to answer the same questions when even they ask.

My belief is purely speculation on my side.
I hope the answer is yes too. However all he has said is that the club will be debt free and have the benefit of the new stadium. As Ron is famous for being evasive and economic with the truth, this could well mean the club can benefit from the stadium facilities but have to pay rent to one of his companies. While he owns everything this seems a mute point, but he is 67 and will probably want to sell the club shortly after the new stadium is built. I just want to make sure his legacy ends when he sells the club rather than being our landlord and millstone round our neck for the long term.

Genuine question to him

Does he understand that fans have little belief it what he tells them or media, as nothing seems to materialise, and without fans he willnot have a club to own
People may have believed his words at the beginning of his tenure, but now its just seem waffle.

He needs to up his game if he wants people on his side

The latest statement on iFollow refers just to Tuesday's ****show. Can you please ask what is being done about all issues that fans have experienced with iFollow for other games and confirmation that Tuesday isn't being treated as an one off.

Can you ask whether the rent at Fossetts Farm will be a peppercorn or market rent?
Can you ask what income the club will get from any supporting developments and whether any rights to such income are to be legally binding and so would survive Ron being hit by a bus and our next chairman not being so benevolent.

When can we reasonably expect to see diggers on Fossetts? (Please tie him down to a year)

The latest statement on iFollow refers just to Tuesday's ****show. Can you please ask what is being done about all issues that fans have experienced with iFollow for other games and confirmation that Tuesday isn't being treated as an one off.

Can you ask whether the rent at Fossetts Farm will be a peppercorn or market rent?
Can you ask what income the club will get from any supporting developments and whether any rights to such income are to be legally binding and so would survive Ron being hit by a bus and our next chairman not being so benevolent.

When can we reasonably expect to see diggers on Fossetts? (Please tie him down to a year)

Let's start with decade...small steps...

This is great news that this had been arranged just what is needed.Who ever chairs the meeting please make sure we all get clear answers from RM and no waffle.The supporters need to know clearly we will be in business long term

I intend to ask a few questions, if you have any you would like me to ask, drop me a message

and no I won’t be asking him for a steak meal!

Though the proposed protests were disparaged on here by some posters, I wonder if it is a coincidence that these meetings have been proposed since the threat of that protest and that they also will include three of the main people behind the protest group for whom it will be their third Q&A with RM?

This is great news that this had been arranged just what is needed.Who ever chairs the meeting please make sure we all get clear answers from RM and no waffle.The supporters need to know clearly we will be in business long term

This meeting has been arranged by the Trust with invites going to the various other supporter groups.
Not 100% certain but assume the Trust Chairman will chair the meeting.

He'd give the same answer as his statement a few days ago (I paraphrase): the club will continue to be supported, financially until supporters return or a rescue package comes along.

I’d be surprised if you actually get the actual answers to the questions you put to him.

Like a every politician you’re more likely to get the answers he wants to give to the questions he wants you to ask.

And I doubt anyone will come out of the meeting with any clearer idea of what the future holds than when they went in..

If I want illusions, smoke & mirrors I’ll go & see a magician..

I would like an undertaking from Ron that he will not in future spend money we haven't got in chasing an improbable dream.

I would like Ron to promise that we will now live within our means.

In my opinion the best approach would be to ask questions which require factual answers not opinions and are focused on finances not the teams fortunes:

What is the total of debt SUFC is owed to companies outside of Ron Martin's involvement?

If current circumstances continue, how long can you continue to keep SUFC running without the need of additional investment outside of your own businesses?

Are you willing to offer a share in the future development for investors if they come forward?

Have you considered a plan 'B' for the stadium development not going through. If not then why?

Do the club have any form of risk management? Do board members approve strategy?

What would be your sale price of SUFC?

Bonus Question/Statement
Are you aware that your recent statement claiming to care more about the club than 'supporters' a toxic remark! It strongly indicates you are totally out of touch with supporters affinity to their clubs and they are your customer base.

Back