• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No I haven't mate, as mentioned I'm only 20 so missed out on a lot of good blues players. When I started following Southend we had the likes of Broughton and Dudfield so I'm sure you can understand my love of Gower!

I don't think a lot of people truly appreciated Gower until we had left, but in that Championship season I thought he was immense. His range of passing at times was phenomenal and a really nice change to Jamal Campbell-Ryce and his head down running on the opposite flank.

Totally expected to be honest.

Massive fan of Gower when he was here but Premiership was a league to far and not getting any younger.

A lot of Southend fans spent a lot of their time having a go at him while he was here, which just goes to show that they know the sum total of zero.
He was always Mahers out ball and was a great player for us, good luck to him wherever he goes, a class act.[/
he used to drive me mad when he was here, but how much of a fool I felt when you realised what he brought to the team when he was gone!!

their were times when good old gower was the only player in the side that made us any chances and i used to dread the days when he was out injured.

A lot of Southend fans spent a lot of their time having a go at him while he was here, which just goes to show that they know the sum total of zero.
He was always Mahers out ball and was a great player for us, good luck to him wherever he goes, a class act.

Spot on - they were a great combination.

Gower fell out with Brenden Rodgers in the new year. Despite being a fans favourite, after the falling out he never got another look in.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. Gower is contracted through to the end of next season.

Mark Gower signs Swansea City contract extension

I was listening to Talksport and they had the Swansea skipper or vice skipper on there talking about Brendan Rogers saying how he called him and Mark Gower amongst others to explain why he was leaving.

So doesnt sound like he has left, nor that he was on bad terms with the manager.

I can't believe people haven't spotted the obvious reason. Gower to Liverpool !

I was listening to Talksport and they had the Swansea skipper or vice skipper on there talking about Brendan Rogers saying how he called him and Mark Gower amongst others to explain why he was leaving.

So doesnt sound like he has left, nor that he was on bad terms with the manager.

What I have heard is from a good friend of a family member of Gower. Apparently he is considered a v influential player in the dressing room there. I guess that's why he was called in but he swears they had a bit of a falling out when Gower spoke out about tactics to the squad going against Rodgers wishes. After he was dropped and barely played a game since.

Seems to tie in as Gower was having a good season up until that point and v regularly started.

Gower started getting substituted off at the 60 minute mark every game once Joe Allen returned from injury, and eventually just stopped featuring, my guess would be the manager realised having a midfield with both Allen and Gower in it wasn't working, and so decided to drop Gower as Allen is one of the better players at Swansea. No need for any conspiracy theories, if Gower did fall out with Rogers it was probably over Roger's choice of Allen over himself.

Swansea strengthened at Christmas and Gower started getting fewer starts accordingly. Allen, Britton and Sigurdsson were all quality in the second half of the seaosn and had those places nailed down.

Gower started getting substituted off at the 60 minute mark every game once Joe Allen returned from injury, and eventually just stopped featuring, my guess would be the manager realised having a midfield with both Allen and Gower in it wasn't working, and so decided to drop Gower as Allen is one of the better players at Swansea. No need for any conspiracy theories, if Gower did fall out with Rogers it was probably over Roger's choice of Allen over himself.

This isn't a conspiracy theory. I have been told and see no reason for my friend to lie about it. I'd certainly say it was a far more viable truth than a guess from yourself.

id be happy with gower back, but where would u play him.... with hall and martin on the wings (i hope) grant and timlin in the middle.... he would get less games here than swansea....:'(

I liked Mark Gower and his three odd years with us were brilliant but he is 31/32 maybe and as played at a higher level for the last 4 years so any talk of us signing him are completely off the mark. We could not afford him and will allways be linked with old players who did well for us but we don't have to resign everyone......only freddy!.

This isn't a conspiracy theory. I have been told and see no reason for my friend to lie about it. I'd certainly say it was a far more viable truth than a guess from yourself.

Your friend wasn't Napster was it ? :nope:

:happy:

Back