• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would defo have him at the club, could play the David Beckham / Frank Lampard role easily. I know he has bought a property in Upminster.

Was on loan at Charlton end of last season so he's back down this way and as was reported last season, he bought a property in Upminster.

Come home G

Would probably go to Charlton as he was on loan there. Would love to have him back here as long as he isn't a high earner, although you can't blame him for wanting to make the highest wage as possible as he is the wrong side of 30.

Its such a danger bringing back old players for a last hurrah. Sometimes it works (Spinner) sometimes it doesn't (Freddie, so far at least). They usually want more money as they've been playing at a higher level (Harris, not ex-Southend but still with a tie to the club) and you can never be sure if the old desire is still there until they get on the pitch. I think most would agree for the alleged wages spent on them, we've hardly had value for money from the two I've mentioned. If we could get 90% of the old Gower back, then great, but its a gamble and while those other two are still on the books we can't afford another expensive mistake.

Fairly sure he will find himself a deal in the Championship for a season and if not top L1 sides should be looking at him. From what I understand he is a model pro and was very highly thought of by Brendan Rodgers as a presence within the dressing room. Had we gone up this season, we might have been considered. Forget signing players like Gower in L2.

Doubt we could afford him and probably more prone to injury, and he's not going to improve as a player now. Would prefer to live on the good memories he provided and get a younger player with more potential who we can perhaps make some money out of at a later date.

Back