• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Macauley Bonne Signs

This guy a finisher and I wouldn't be surprised by the end of the season we have 15 plus goal season striker on our hands. He only 28 and has played at all levels in the EFL. Moncur and bonne should have plenty of fun at this level considering how poor some of the sides are in the National League. Our squad is starting to shape up now. Play offs are looking real possibility now.
We are going to have a 15 plus right wing back 😂

The stats tell their own story, but no I’ve seen him play for both Gills and Cambridge. Nothing remotely resembling the player I watched at Orient. I’d recommend asking Charlton fans about him the most - the reason why they withdrew a contract offer and let him go instead is particularly amusing.
Interesting. Something does seem to have gone awry in his career half way through his time at Charlton. A test of our management teams skill to get him back on track as he clearly has/had the talent to play way above our level.

Interesting. Something does seem to have gone awry in his career half way through his time at Charlton. A test of our management teams skill to get him back on track as he clearly has/had the talent to play way above our level.

Similar to Moncur in that respect. Maybe Maher can have the “Justin Edinburgh” effect on him?

Similar to Moncur in that respect. Maybe Maher can have the “Justin Edinburgh” effect on him?
Maher does seem to have the respect of the players and on the face of it, has developed a great team spirit. Moncur apparently wouldn’t last more than 60 mins a game but he’s done alright so far and looked a class above. I’m prepared to judge on what I see.

Maher does seem to have the respect of the players and on the face of it, has developed a great team spirit. Moncur apparently wouldn’t last more than 60 mins a game but he’s done alright so far and looked a class above. I’m prepared to judge on what I see.
Quite. The number of times we’ve heard from mates supporting X club who say so and so was fat, unfit, disruptive, useless etc. only to see none of that in reality.

BTW didn’t Neil Harris take Bonne with him from Gills (L2) on loan to Cambridge (L1 )- doesn’t suggest Harris saw anything overly problematic

Last edited:
Charlton supporting pal saying if he comes without his huge ego and we can get a tune out of him then he’s a hell of a signing

Did say he expects him to be a bit controversial and can be very difficult character to manage

Sound like anyone familiar 😉
Wiggy?

• Haha
Reactions: JD
He’s a highly egotistical and divisive dressing room figure. We put up with it because of his on-field performances, but he’s not well-liked.
Interesting to hear the assessment of his 'character' as our management teams ethos has since they arrived to look to bring the right type through the door citing our favourite words 'Those words are banned' as part of the recruitment process. I know it could be argued that we are desperate to bring in fire power and Bonne could be to good of a gift horse to miss out on but I can't see Kev risking the harmony of the dressing room and any potential upsetting of the much valued unity built under his stewardship.
Maybe he has had a bit of a reality check and dropped the ego or a little bit older and wiser. One thing for sure if he can't get on with our lot he won't get on with anyone!

Doesn't look too serious to me - just daft .

Follow the breadcrumbs and you’ll eventually get to where he didn’t turn up to a Charlton match day squad and got pictured on the **** at an Ipswich game instead.

Honestly, I’d love to talk about the player he was for us but I think I’d be being disingenuous in respect of the player he has become since. If you somehow get the Orient version of him you’ll be in clover.

Think this one is all about whether he still has the fire in his belly. He is obviously a very talented player and should Excel at this level. I'm always weary about those dropping down the leagues though
Word✊

He’s played for some Teams at a much higher level than us, has now joined COSU’s Project at Roots Hall and to our strike force adds some much needed Power - points the way to a much brighter Outlook

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/investigation-continues-into-footballers-car-crash-292543/ Tim Dieng was in the car Too. Nothing about leaving the scene though . Hell of a prang though , but pics show four players standing around the wreckage and there are only 4 occupants reported incl Bonne , Neil Harris also says it was not a driving error but a car malfunction….

Wouldn’t have happened if they’d taken the train.

Bridge's penalty taking status under threat???

Walker was taking them in pre-season anyway.

19/20 in the Championship 26 starts 7 subs and 11 goals wasn’t to shabby
Ancient history.

Although it does raise the question if he was a Championship calibre player what on earth has gone wrong at his five subsequent teams to be playing in the Conference at 28 (albeit he turns 29 next month).

Wouldn’t have happened if they’d taken the train.

Walker was taking them in pre-season anyway.

Ancient history.

Although it does raise the question if he was a Championship calibre player what on earth has gone wrong at his five subsequent teams to be playing in the Conference at 28 (albeit he turns 29 next month).
Not sure 4 years ago represents ancient history - but clearly over the last couple of years in particular things have gone off track. And if they hadn’t he wouldn’t be here…

We have been chasing him for a while and I have faith in our management team to know what they are doing- and no doubt they will have spoken with Neil Harris who was his manager at the last two of those clubs.

He played for Orient. That's going to set you backwards. He can now resurrect his career at a proper football club.

Follow the breadcrumbs and you’ll eventually get to where he didn’t turn up to a Charlton match day squad and got pictured on the **** at an Ipswich game instead.

Honestly, I’d love to talk about the player he was for us but I think I’d be being disingenuous in respect of the player he has become since. If you somehow get the Orient version of him you’ll be in clover.
That's nothing, we had players (s) with the opposition squad in the pub after beating us

Looking at your league table position you could do with him back

Oh, another one of our cast-offs. Good player 5 years ago. Far too mobile, strong and industrious for the Conference when we got promoted. Shadow of that player in recent seasons. Career has gone down the drain since his beloved Ipswich refused to sign him on a permanent in ‘22. Absolute w**ker of a bloke.

Isn't that the general feeling towards Moncur too. He has been top class so far

Back