• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you feel if the club signed Luke McCormick?

• Total voters
The b*****d killed two little kids, I hope he has a sh** life. Why would anyone even think of giving him a second chance?
The parents of the poor little kids will never have a second chance of life with thier kids.:angry:

But that applies whether the guy restarts his career or not - how is him having a s*** life going to help anyone?

anyway this seems to have been done to death (no pun intended).

Can someone now start a new rumour that a reliable source has heard we are re-signing Tes Bramble.

The b*****d killed two little kids, I hope he has a sh** life. Why would anyone even think of giving him a second chance?The parents of the poor little kids will never have a second chance of life with thier kids.:angry:
anyone who has drank and drove could have killed someone, have you ever driven over the limit? How would you feel if due to your poor reactions driving you off the road you realised you killed someone? You would want to turn back time and tell yourself to not drive but you can't, it's not like he wanted to kill anyone. Also to the person saying the fact he has only served half his sentence, isn't that common practise if you have good behaviour? Don't see what the complaint is there.

Broke the law killed two children. However you dress it up, he still killed two kids because of his own actions, no one forced drinks down his throat.

Broke the law killed two children. However you dress it up, he still killed two kids because of his own actions, no one forced drinks down his throat.
An eye for an eye and the world goes blind or however that saying goes. The guy made a fatal mistake, but it was still a mistake I doubt he will drink drive again, there are far worse people in the world than him. Out of interest how do you feel about Ryan Hall?

Affray, is nowhere near the same as what McCormick did (in my opinion), most lads at sometime in thier life get into a bit of trouble. Ryan Hall = Top Man.

Most lads (IMO) at sometime in their life get behind the wheel of a car having had too much to drink as well.

Affray, is nowhere near the same as what McCormick did (in my opinion), most lads at sometime in thier life get into a bit of trouble. Ryan Hall = Top Man.

If the guy Ryan Hall kicked had died, would he still be a top man?

No offence but if I was asked who was the better man, someone who gets into 'a bit of trouble' and kicked someone, or a drink driver, I would go with the drink driver (in no way am I condoning either action, and I'd be willing to give both men another chance)

The b*****d killed two little kids, I hope he has a sh** life. Why would anyone even think of giving him a second chance?
The parents of the poor little kids will never have a second chance of life with thier kids.:angry:

He has to face the consequence of his actions and no doubt have this on his conscience for the rest of his days. Whatever you think of the legal system he's served his (limited) time and he'll be paroled. I'm not suggesting he should come here nor am I advocating he should. However based on your post and if he doesn't get another chance somewhere in another career should he have the rest of his life on benefits?

should he have the rest of his life on benefits?

Wouldn't want my taxes spent on handouts to the likes of him, lost my best mate at 16 to a drunk driver.

People like this Luke take life so flippantly, i wouldn't want to cheer him on in a Blues shirt.

Have no great problem if PS decided we should give a go. A second chance is not so wrong in my view. Still remember Mr Otto.

should he have the rest of his life on benefits?

Wouldn't want my taxes spent on handouts to the likes of him, lost my best mate at 16 to a drunk driver.

People like this Luke take life so flippantly, i wouldn't want to cheer him on in a Blues shirt.
Sorry to hear about your friend. The problem is the majority of the population are careless, stupid and don't think about the consequences of their actions until its too late. They don't mean to cause harm, you have to ask if near 4 years inside would have matured Luke though. If he has matured and is truly remorseful I'd be willing to forgive anyone but I can understand why you wouldn't

I've just wrote on the Eastwood thread that a club legend deserves chance as that's the type of club we've become when he can't attract reputable players.

This sums that up in a nutshell. In a way I like that we could possibly have that compassionate side that says "His made mistakes, but so has everybody", but at some point there needs to be a line drawn...

I'm not one to judge whether this is it or not.

Clearly a lot of people don't think the conviction and subsequent prison sentence should be the end of the matter.
Are we saying that someone like McCormick should never return to his profession? In that case what should happen to him?

Clearly a lot of people don't think the conviction and subsequent prison sentence should be the end of the matter.
Are we saying that someone like McCormick should never return to his profession? In that case what should happen to him?

I accept they have paid for their actions but it is a question of do i consider they have paid enough? To have a job that is so public and to be able to be a role model for many is a privilege. Its time those offered the opportunity of privilege learn that they risk losing their profession if they abuse their position. Ask yourselves this, would any of you be happy to know a policeman had killed people drink driving or raped people off his face on drugs and was allowed to remain in his job? Would you stand in the crowd and support the team you love if a player there had killed your wife/mother/girlfriend/children? Its easy to be forgiving when its just someone elses problem.

I accept they have paid for their actions but it is a question of do i consider they have paid enough? To have a job that is so public and to be able to be a role model for many is a privilege. Its time those offered the opportunity of privilege learn that they risk losing their profession if they abuse their position. Ask yourselves this, would any of you be happy to know a policeman had killed people drink driving or raped people off his face on drugs and was allowed to remain in his job? Would you stand in the crowd and support the team you love if a player there had killed your wife/mother/girlfriend/children? Its easy to be forgiving when its just someone elses problem.

I remember we used to have these former drug abusers visit the school I went to, and they explained how it ruined their lives..

Sometimes people that have made the mistakes can be good role models, in that they know how it can affect their lives by doing it. If he did come here, he could teach them about why its stupid to drink drive.

I remember we used to have these former drug abusers visit the school I went to, and they explained how it ruined their lives..

Sometimes people that have made the mistakes can be good role models, in that they know how it can affect their lives by doing it. If he did come here, he could teach them about why its stupid to drink drive.

Then let him go into schools and explain how he messed up and that it cost him his chosen profession. It would be more of an impact and eye opener if he could show he accepted the responsibilities and consequence of his actions and demonstrate to others that you can lose privilege.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back