• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would you feel if the club signed Luke McCormick?

• Total voters
Clearly a lot of people don't think the conviction and subsequent prison sentence should be the end of the matter. Are we saying that someone like McCormick should never return to his profession? In that case what should happen to him?I accept they have paid for their actions but it is a question of do i consider they have paid enough? To have a job that is so public and to be able to be a role model for many is a privilege. Its time those offered the opportunity of privilege learn that they risk losing their profession if they abuse their position. Ask yourselves this, would any of you be happy to know a policeman had killed people drink driving or raped people off his face on drugs and was allowed to remain in his job? Would you stand in the crowd and support the team you love if a player there had killed your wife/mother/girlfriend/children? Its easy to be forgiving when its just someone elses problem.
Drink driver I'd be fine with being a policeman, drugged up rapist on the other hand, drugs are illegal and as a policeman he shouldn't be touching them, plus rape is a act that you know you are going to commit that crime, albeit under the influence of drugs. Drink driving is different because people are stupid and don't think about the consequences of their actions, they don't get into the car drunk with the intention of crashing and killing people. As for the someone else's problem, I don't think asking the opinion of someone with emotional attachment is the best plan, surely we need to look at it from a non-biased viewpoint, in the same way a jury cannot have personal involvement in a case. I know that sounds harsh on the victim's relatives, but I don't believe LM wanted to kill Anyone and was I in their position I'd hope I could forgive him, but I'd understand why they can't

Not read the whole thread but the accident did not happen at night when he was drinking, but the following morning when he was still twice over the limit, something Id say most of us have done to an extent. However he did start driving only two hours after going to sleep so its more possible that fact was just as contributory to the accident as he fell asleep.

He clearly shouldnt have been driving and a friend had pleaded with him to pull over at services so he got what he deserve and the boys he killed didnt.

Personally dont want him at the club, wouldnt want someone who caused the deaths of two little boys and crippled their father here, wouldnt feel comfortable applauding someone who had done that.

It's a good job we don't apply the same thoughts to Zone members as I am sure we would be a few members down if we banned people who have served their sentences from the site.

Nope, I don't want him here, and why should we spunk our budget on a 3rd keeper, we don't need a keeper at the moment and why u think Bentley is with us, not only he is ok, he is cheaper to have as number 2!

Had he wiped out my two kids then my life would in effect be over. Based upon the grief the father would feel around the media frenzy and the fact I dont feel I want to see him week in week out no thanks.

He has served his time which was too light in my opinion but as a father first and a football fan second I dont want my money going towards his earnings.

Had he wiped out my two kids then my life would in effect be over. Based upon the grief the father would feel around the media frenzy and the fact I dont feel I want to see him week in week out no thanks.

He has served his time which was too light in my opinion but as a father first and a football fan second I dont want my money going towards his earnings.

I'm sure the family have a lot more important things to worry about than if the guy plays football for a team 200 miles away in a few years time

Had he wiped out my two kids then my life would in effect be over. Based upon the grief the father would feel around the media frenzy and the fact I dont feel I want to see him week in week out no thanks.He has served his time which was too light in my opinion but as a father first and a football fan second I dont want my money going towards his earnings.
I can see maybe a media story for 1 day, after which it is never mentioned again. Southend aren't exactly of interest to the media so I doubt they would keep going on about it so the family wouldn't have to hear about him every game. Lee Hughes plays for a bigger club than us but no paper tracks his life on a day to day basis.

No thanks as with Lee Hughes, I wouldn't want them anywhere near the club, would hardly be a role model for kids

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back