• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bradford 2 MK Dons 2

&

Millwall 1 Peterborough 0 (meaning we currently slip to 7th place & 2 points outside the play off's).

Last edited:
Final note...if we win our game in hand :unsure: 2-0 or better, we would, as it stands , go above the Bantams.....Mr Optimist speaking.

So, how did we do.............

Bradford 0 MK Dons 3 (or more) 2-2
Millwall 0 Peterborough 0 1-0
Scunthorpe 0 AFC Wimbledon 15 1-2
Bolton 0 Bristol Rovers 8 1-1 (still playing)

Apart from the Millwall result we actually did OK although only the Wombles achieved the result we wanted. Not too much damage done.

It could have been a lot worse due to not playing tonight. To be honest I would have settled for these results before kick off. Let's keep in touching distance as long as we can.... UTB!:happy:

Look on the bright side. How many on here saw that Millwall missed no less than two pens in the last few mins of their game on Sat at Oldham. Gregory (the scorer of tonight's winning pen) took and missed them both, Connor Ripley the Latics keeper guessing correctly on both occasions. Without his saves we would now be four points adrift of Milllwall.COYB

Last edited:
You can tell we are approaching the final stages of the season by those results tonight. It's a betting accumulator nightmare!

Some cracking results though, A 7 goal thriller at Shrewsbury V Charlton, & Gillingham getting their buttocks smacked by relegation side Swindon. (although i'm still bitter about our unfair loss, I do find a little comfort in that they are worse off now on goal difference before we played them & they are just 3 points away from playing division 2 football). :smile:

Scunthorpe (especially) but also Bolton & Bradford will be definitely crying about 2 points lost tonight.
If they got the results they hoped for, I think it would have been anyone's guess between them and Fleetwood for the 2nd spot, and everyone else playing for the remaining 6th place play off.

At the other end of the table, because of tonight's results, it looks like Coventry's demise is going from bad to worse, they now need to make up a deficit of 15 points on the other 4 clubs above them in order to survive in Division One, remotely possible of course, but of their remaining fixtures, they still need to face 5 out of the top 8 teams in this division.

What a fall from grace! I kind of feel sorry for them really, I have no personal malice with Coventry, a decent stadium, with a decent support, but sadly we've all seen it before over the years, "the all to common rise and fall of a football team" (Portsmouth & Blackpool comes to mind) Actually the original Wimbledon and Oxford brings back "Premiership days" from the 1980's.

Last edited:
At the rate they're going Scunthorpe should probably worry about actually making the top 6 rather than automatics, they were awful at Roots Hall and since they haven't won in 6 that doesn't sound like a one off.

Back